Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any year we win at Anfield, the walk by the players up to the away end singing "we love united, we do" never ceases to get the goosebumps going for me.

small things, but one of lifes simple pleasures.

375300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Was wondering who that was today its great to see players with a bit of passion and who really want to play for the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/41eceh/my_daughters_first_game_she_cried_her_eyes_out/
    Today was the very first game my 7 year old daughter watched. Full 90 mins, trying to understand the nuances about the beautiful game from her old man.

We sang YNWA together at the start. I tried to transmit my enthusiasm, love for the club with every kick and pass and every shot on goal. We clapped, we cheered, we shouted at the screen - i made her hate that big haired No. 27 and that Shrek looking fella.

She kept saying, "Daddy i love that Liverpool players, get up and play, they dont cry and they dont cheat, but why wont they score Daddy .."

As expected with a kid her age, she lost all confidence when we conceded and her head hung. I kept explaining her, THIS IS WHEN we support - THIS is what it means to YNWA. Comeon baby, BELIEVE!

She kept saying, no she didnt. I kept saying, YES BABY - BELIEVE! And then for the last 3 minutes i said, BABY YOU MUST SAY - YOU BELIEVE!

And she did, she shouted the entire added 3 mins "I BELIEVE DADDY!" ... and we lost. And she cried her eyes out.

:(

Mr. Klopp - make us believe.

E9eUn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Very good technique by Rooney to finish that chance today. A lot like this from last season:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPQkW1Um7fI

Jesse Lingard's brother on today's match...

He's the spit of Forest Whitaker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I watch a fair bit of United with my daughter, her in her highchair, as it gives Mammy a break.

My daughter has only even seen United beat Liverpool in her life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just read the last 20 pages of this thread ha I've. Beating the pool wooop.

And one thing lads that I enjoyed most today and something that is lost in all out moaning and giving out and complaining about the team but alot of the players are passionate about united,

look at herrera a Spanish man could easily be playing in the sun in Spain enjoying life but no he running around like a lunatic in England loving life,

same for jones he has had so much bad luck at United and such bad press he could be sitting in the stadium sulking but oh no he is going Mental in middle of the fans.

Then the celebration on the pitch and and happiness it was a great feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

guys is it just me or does Depay look very slow ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

He looks ****. Slow and tired even after coming on. Very disappointing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

jayo26 wrote: »
    Just read the last 20 pages of this thread ha I've. Beating the pool wooop.

All ne thing lads that I enjoyed most today and something that is lost in all out m

cheers_to_beers_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Ya he looked very slow today,Jesus I was doing some roaring at the telly when he didn't bother taking the ball to the corner towards the end,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

TheDoc wrote: »
    I watch a fair bit of United with my daughter, her in her highchair, as it gives Mammy a break.

Long may it continue man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

killwill wrote: »
    Long may it continue man!

Misses entire family Liverpool mad

If this keeps up, she'll be supporting United :D

Undefeated since last year, we're gonna win the league!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Rooney has started this year very well.

Hopefully this is his year!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

zerks wrote: »

Fair dues to you... spend a lot of time on the Liverpool reddit do ya?

Pyjamarama wrote: »

Says the Liverpool fan in the United thread.

Gotta love hypocrisy sometimes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Excuse against Exeter is that they played their "U21s"

They are delighted the team they support lost cause it means LVG stays on

And then reddit

Liverpool fans just keep giving me a great day. Thanks lads!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

There was one stage in particular we were breaking and he had drifted over and was racing past the centre circle on the right wing and someone like Can made up ridiculous ground on him,like i mean made up 2 or 3 yards in the space of 10 or 15 yards, the man must have rocks in his boots because from the ringing endorsements of him coming over he was Usain Bolts long lost brother. He must still be partying like ****.

• Advertisement

Says the Liverpool fan in the United thread.

This is a general football site and i was curious of the thoughts of some of the regulars on the site. Very different to going to a liverpool reddit forum...

Excuse against Exeter is that they played their "U21s"

They are delighted the team they support lost cause it means LVG stays on

And then reddit

Liverpool fans just keep giving me a great day. Thanks lads!!!!

They did play their under 21's but that doesn't excuse it.

I doubt any liverpool fan is delighted we lost but you take what silver linings you can get in these moments.

Reddit being populated by idiots... well thats a shock.

Surely United winning would be enough to make you happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I don't think it's something I wouldn't turn back from, so to speak. I'll openly admit, I don't have any faith in LVG to get the best out of players at the moment, and would adore seeing Jose get the job.
    Mourinho would be worse though? He'd have us finishing thirteenth or fourteenth if he'd replaced Van Gaal near Christmas. The savior status Mourinho was awarded by some of our fans is completely bizarre in light of how it finished at Chelsea for him. Failed at Madrid. I just don't get it.

This is a general football site and i was curious of the thoughts of some of the regulars on the site. Very different to going to a liverpool reddit forum...

If I'm on Reddit and I was curious about the thoughts of the Liverpool fans on Reddit wouldn't I just go to the Liverpool forum? I'm not familiar with Reddit myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I doubt any liverpool fan is delighted we lost but you take what silver linings you can get in these moments.

It's the suffering of others I enjoy. ;)

Well if thats the case you're entitled to be happy. We're rivals for a reason and i'd be enjoying it if it was reversed. I do think that trawling through Reddit is scraping for it tho... especially as there's more than enough in the match thread to satisfy your passions for weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

If I'm on Reddit and I was curious about the thoughts of the Liverpool fans on Reddit wouldn't I just go to the Liverpool forum? I'm not familiar with Reddit myself.

It is no different really. Subreddits are like Superthreads that cater to a huge number of people. It's no different than reading this thread. Yer man is just doubling down on his hypocrisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

SNeaLHP.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

There was one stage in particular we were breaking and he had drifted over and was racing past the centre circle on the right wing and someone like Can made up ridiculous ground on him,like i mean made up 2 or 3 yards in the space of 10 or 15 yards, the man must have rocks in his boots because from the ringing endorsements of him coming over he was Usain Bolts long lost brother. He must still be partying like ****.
    His skill has always been technique based rather than pace. Get him on the ball cutting inside in a position to score or assist and you'll see his value, not the player to beat 2 and cross at the byline. Has a great shot and cross in him mind but needs to be allowed to get into the position to use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Well said Kew....... Or should I say Kevin Chang !!!!!

its-not-enough-that-i-should-succeed-others-should-fail-quote-1.jpg

• Advertisement

• Mourinho would be worse though? He'd have us finishing thirteenth or fourteenth if he'd replaced Van Gaal near Christmas. The savior status Mourinho was awarded by some of our fans is completely bizarre in light of how it finished at Chelsea for him. Failed at Madrid. I just don't get it.
    True, and what's even more amazing hiddink is actually doing a better job since he came in

Amazing how people can believe Mourihnio can dive in and suddenly have utd challange for everything

*edit* not a dig at anyone

I know we have our differences but in days like this I would like to think all utd fans celebrate together

Let's hope we go on a winning streak

Happy Monday incoming

It was posted elsewhere,that's how I ended up there.If that is the kind of weird sh1te they post,I am never going there again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    True, and what's even more amazing hiddink is actually doing a better job since he came in

Amazing how people can believe Mourihnio can dive in and suddenly have utd challange for everything

I said the other week to a friend that he'd have this team churning out 1-0 wins like nobody's business.

bOqS0Ye.gif

I saw it in the United subreddit myself earlier. What's it to you if he spends his own time visiting a legal website? Jesus Christ, the depths some Liverpool fans are going to today to try to get some form of victory is laughable, and sweet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Dunno about him but it popped up on my facebook news feed and I busted my hole laughing at it then and I would like to thank you now for coming in here to a Man United thread to take a shot at someone about reading a Liverpool thread :D Its made me laugh again!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

I know which part you are talking about and I was thinking the same myself about how slow he looked but then someone told me it was Moreno who closed the gap that fast and he is ridiculously fast so if it was Moreno it wouldn't be as worrying, tbh though he never had blistering pace anyway.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Liam O wrote: »
    I said the other week to a friend that he'd have this team churning out 1-0 wins like nobody's business.

Fair point

I made an edit Liam O

Not looking to kill the buzz, lets enjoy this one

Liam O wrote: »
    His skill has always been technique based rather than pace. Get him on the ball cutting inside in a position to score or assist and you'll see his value, not the player to beat 2 and cross at the byline. Has a great shot and cross in him mind but needs to be allowed to get into the position to use them.

Its quite evident that he needs plenty of space to work in and he isn't capable of making it for himself often enough right now, hopefully he can improve but you will never get as much time and space on the ball in the Premier league as you would in the Dutch league tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

That's generally the way it has been for me to, and I am nearly 30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭viper006

stankratz wrote: »
    I saw it in the United subreddit myself earlier. What's it to you if he spends his own time visiting a legal website? Jesus Christ, the depths some Liverpool fans are going to today to try to get some form of victory is laughable, and sweet.

The utter hypocrisy of this comment is breathtaking. Best one yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

They are like blood hounds

viper006 wrote: »

Unless you....... maybe you mean...... no.

There just isn't any hypocrisy there my friend. I've checked a couple of times now just to be double sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

zerks wrote: »
    Imagine if LVG did what Klopp did today,brought on Caulker at CF.He's had 2 appearances for the 'pool and both at CF.

You have to consider the circumstances.

If a fully fit Sturridge, Ings or Origi was in the bench they'd have hit the nod.

Why not have a big guy upfront for the last minute ?

I gave you an upvote on reddit Doc ;)

• Advertisement

Its quite evident that he needs plenty of space to work in and he isn't capable of making it for himself often enough right now, hopefully he can improve but you will never get as much time and space on the ball in the Premier league as you would in the Dutch league tbh.

You can say what you like about the standard of Dutch league, or he's just a young lad.

But there is something seriously wrong with his displays for United. First touch for example is shocking, it's like playing with 10 men for United.

He'd struggle in the League of Ireland.

There must be more to it than meets the eye

• stankratz wrote: »
    I gave you an upvote on reddit Doc ;)

Send me links on pm!

Docs a utd beast

You have to consider the circumstances.

If a fully fit Sturridge, Ings or Origi was in the bench they'd have hit the nod.

Why not have a big guy upfront for the last minute ?

He did, his name was Benteke. He wasn't enough obviously so throw another big lad up for the hoofball

Was surprised Sakho didn't spend more time up front toward the end.

viper006 wrote: »

How exactly?

He did, his name was Benteke. He wasn't enough obviously so throw another big lad up for the hoofball

Was surprised Sakho didn't spend more time up front toward the end.

United are weak enough under the high ball so why not
    Fellaini can only pick up so many players

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement