Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Rooney doesn't do easy goals does he?

Swansea flick, Newcastle rocket, Liverpool Boom, great to have him back on form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Mata did well when he came on yesterday.

If we played Liverpool every week he'd be up for the Balon d'Or.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

In fairness, Stoke deserve their credit too, they didn't give Arsenal and inch for most of the game and worked their socks off. I really wanted them to score and get a reward for it, even though given how United are doing, a draw is probably a better result...

I was talking about the Liverpool-Arsenal game, I didn't see the Stoke game yesterday. Between the two of us we've got them fully observed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Pro. F wrote: »
    I don't know if he's been talking about this again, and if he's altered his point, but when I saw Henry on MNF a few weeks ago saying this, he was also saying that Pep used to give the players freedom of movement off the ball in the final third. He contrasted that to how this United team are mostly holding rigid positions in the final third and said that he couldn't understand how that tactic was supposed to achieve anything.

That's basically what I was saying :p

The team seems to get to that position and then there is no movement or freedom. You see that when Martial gets the ball that he is afforded freedom, I don't believe he is telling the others that they have to stay rigid so I believe that the players are letting him down somewhat, or his instruction isn't clear but when you see players strolling around when it gets to the final third I don't think the fault for that can lie with the manager too much. It's baffling how static it is. Surely he can't be instructing them to stand almost still on a regular basis. Ultimately it is his responsibility to have them playing well but some responsibility must fall on the players themselves to take responsibility for creating and movement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Result was great, performance was sadly a major step backwards. Not only did LVG revert straight back into ultra defensive mode, but the players themselves seem even less aware of the they are supposes to operate in the system and it certainly seems that the system is not making the most of the skills available. It is either that or we require pretty much a complete rebuild as this current team will go nowhere in Europe/winning the league.

Liverpool are a team in even more transition than Utd, and coupled with that their manager is only in a few months. Already through you can see what we is trying to achieve, LVG doesn't seem to have even achieved that unless of course he is actually planning for sterile possession and lack of any cutting edge with a weak defence.

Coupled with the transition problems Liverpool have, they are ravaged by injuries to all their key players. They have no strikers, with their only main striker not deemed good enough to lead the line. Had Sturridge been on yesterday we would have conceded, our defence gave up far too many chances against such a weak team.

Our midfield continues to struggle, but to struggle against a midfield of Lucas and Henderson is simply unacceptable.

So overall well pleased with the result, its a nice feeling and coupled with Arsenal and Leicster draws it was a good weekend. But it in no way papers over the cracks. We are going to struggle to get into the top 4 and that is simply terrible given that there was talk of a close title challenge at the start of the year and 1 of the normal top 4 have dropped out. Top 3 should be absolute minimum that we achieve f LVG is to ahev any credibility.

Once last rant, I getting so annoyed with LVG acting like the cat who got the cream after a result like yesterday. We got lucky. Job done, well done, but don;t somehow think this proves you are on the right track. We beat a mid table team with 1 shot on target. Not exactly Barcelona are we!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

our next 6 games are - 4 of them are at home, not that that means much advantage based on the season so far.

(H)Southampton (beat them already)
    (H)Stoke (lost to them already)
    (A)Chelsea (drew with them already)
    (A)Sunderland (beat them already)
    (H)Arsenal (lost to them already)
    (H)Watford (beat them already)

so that 10 points out of 18 in those games so far, would be needed 14 minimum, if not 16 as a return this time out.

making any predictions there is completely useless however based on how unpredictable we are. the next 4 are the key ones, as we could afford a draw at home to Arsenal then if went into them games with 4 wins.

our fixture list isnt actually too bad from now on, one of the most even balanced we've had in years in terms of so called traditionally difficult games - of the other 10 teams in the top 11, weve played 7 of them away from home already.

Ugh... I'm usually pretty optimistic. I just wish I was seeing anything that would allow me to believe we could go on a run. 14 or 16 points out of those matches would have me f*cking ecstatic. Can't even imagine it happening at this stage though.

Could imagine W-D-L-W-D-D, or similar.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Result was great, performance was sadly a major step backwards. Not only did LVG revert straight back into ultra defensive mode, but the players themselves seem even less aware of the they are supposes to operate in the system and it certainly seems that the system is not making the most of the skills available. It is either that or we require pretty much a complete rebuild as this current team will go nowhere in Europe/winning the league.

Liverpool are a team in even more transition than Utd, and coupled with that their manager is only in a few months. Already through you can see what we is trying to achieve, LVG doesn't seem to have even achieved that unless of course he is actually planning for sterile possession and lack of any cutting edge with a weak defence.

Coupled with the transition problems Liverpool have, they are ravaged by injuries to all their key players. They have no strikers, with their only main striker not deemed good enough to lead the line. Had Sturridge been on yesterday we would have conceded, our defence gave up far too many chances against such a weak team.

Our midfield continues to struggle, but to struggle against a midfield of Lucas and Henderson is simply unacceptable.

So overall well pleased with the result, its a nice feeling and coupled with Arsenal and Leicster draws it was a good weekend. But it in no way papers over the cracks. We are going to struggle to get into the top 4 and that is simply terrible given that there was talk of a close title challenge at the start of the year and 1 of the normal top 4 have dropped out. Top 3 should be absolute minimum that we achieve f LVG is to ahev any credibility.

Once last rant, I getting so annoyed with LVG acting like the cat who got the cream after a result like yesterday. We got lucky. Job done, well done, but don;t somehow think this proves you are on the right track. We beat a mid table team with 1 shot on target. Not exactly Barcelona are we!

Absolutely no problem with that yesterday. I was saying it all week, go there and be hard to break down and they will struggle to score and they will definitely give up chances. If we went all out yesterday I have no doubt we would have been beaten.

I was talking about the Liverpool-Arsenal game, I didn't see the Stoke game yesterday. Between the two of us we've got them fully observed.

Ah, that makes sense. ;)

Ugh... I'm usually pretty optimistic. I just wish I was seeing anything that would allow me to believe we could go on a run. 14 or 16 points out of those matches would have me f*cking ecstatic. Can't even imagine it happening at this stage though.

Could imagine W-D-L-W-D-D, or similar.

2 wins and a draw in 2016, we're on a roll :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Rooney looks like a different player in the last 3 weeks. There's aggression back in his play - he is nipping at people all over the place, getting little digs in, winning balls back and driving on.

It was an immediate reaction to being dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If we played Liverpool every week he'd be up for the Balon d'Or.

Sure he loves playing in juanfield!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

linked with a move for Adrien Rabiot this morning

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Rooney looks like a different player in the last 3 weeks. There's aggression back in his play - he is nipping at people all over the place, getting little digs in, winning balls back and driving on.

I'd say it was an immediate reaction to getting better support up front, in the two games prior to yesterday. Then yesterday we went back to the defensive set-up and Rooney barely got a kick all game again, just like what's being going on most of the season.

• Vertigo100 wrote: »
    Mata did well when he came on yesterday.

Yes, an excellent cross when blind played the short corner.

Blind had be drove mad yesterday as his corner delievery did not beat the first man multiple times

Liam O wrote: »
    That's basically what I was saying :p

The team seems to get to that position and then there is no movement or freedom. You see that when Martial gets the ball that he is afforded freedom, I don't believe he is telling the others that they have to stay rigid so I believe that the players are letting him down somewhat, or his instruction isn't clear but when you see players strolling around when it gets to the final third I don't think the fault for that can lie with the manager too much. It's baffling how static it is. Surely he can't be instructing them to stand almost still on a regular basis. Ultimately it is his responsibility to have them playing well but some responsibility must fall on the players themselves to take responsibility for creating and movement.

When they get the ball they seem to be allowed to do more or less whatever they want with it in the final third, all right. But when they don't have the ball in the final third they are very static, usually only one of the attacking-midfield three moving out of position without the ball, and that's the issue. I do believe that this is from instruction from Van Gaal. It matches up with all that I've read and heard about him and his system and it's reminiscent of how his Bayern team played.

Canadel wrote: »
    But what does it tell you that in both of the last two games, Herrara has been hauled off midway through the 2nd half and Fellani has remained on the pitch. And even today, Fellani was one of the stronger performers. It tells me that not only is Herrara not trusted/not good enough to play in midfield without Schneiderlinn and Fellani beside him, but he can't even perform to the expectations many fans have of him when they are there to play alongside him. Herrara is quickly becoming Kagawa II. On paper both Mata and Herrara should be integral to Man Utd, but the reality is far different, and many fans are blinded to this or just refuse to see it.

You are talking as if Van Gaal's decisions are a good indicator of the best player selections and tactics, they're not. He's been making a mickey of the job, so at this stage his choice for who plays where and who gets subbed don't carry much weight in a conversation about how good a player is.

Every player, bar some defenders and the keeper, has been struggling under Van Gaal. Herrera has done as well as any of them. That's the reality.

• Pro F: Question

I would like to know your thoughts on Rooney's improvement in form and how it's benefited the team and the results, think we debated this before also

Canadel wrote: »
    But what does it tell you that in both of the last two games, Herrara has been hauled off midway through the 2nd half and Fellani has remained on the pitch. And even today, Fellani was one of the stronger performers. It tells me that not only is Herrara not trusted/not good enough to play in midfield without Schneiderlinn and Fellani beside him, but he can't even perform to the expectations many fans have of him when they are there to play alongside him. Herrara is quickly becoming Kagawa II. On paper both Mata and Herrara should be integral to Man Utd, but the reality is far different, and many fans are blinded to this or just refuse to see it.

It's because Fellaini is better defensively and he adds a bit of physicality to the middle that no other player in the team does. Just look at where De Gea's kick outs go, look at where the free kicks go, look at who is pressing and getting tackles in amongst the opposition midfield. Fellaini's work is really under-appreciated. Herrera and him normally play well together but Herrera is a bit more streaky and needs to get on the ball to make an impact which Fellaini doesn't really.

Herrera seems a bit more reserved than last season-Fellaini too on that point. Last season during United's best play they were supporting the wingers and giving them an outlet. I believe that this season it is one of the big failings of the team that the wide players have no support. It's why Mata suddenly looks worse as Herrera isn't supporting him as much and why the left side is constantly looking bare bar the winger out there as Fellaini seems to have been asked to play more central.

This all culminates in a backwards step from last season imo even though the players at the club are better and there is more cover. I guess without Carrick in there we see a bit more panic as he really steadies the ship and allows Herrera and Fellaini a bit more freedom.

• Quotes from Schneiderlin. Sounds like LVG gave them the hairdryer treatment which is good to hear

"In the first half, we didn’t win enough second balls. Sometimes we won the first ball but not the second ball,” v said.

“When we came into the dressing room after the first half, there was some screaming and shouting but of course that is normal because in a derby you cannot lose the battle.

“Liverpool are a very high pressing team and we knew if we kept a clean sheet we would have a chance to win the game."

When they get the ball they seem to be allowed to do more or less whatever they want with it in the final third, all right. But when they don't have the ball in the final third they are very static, usually only one of the attacking-midfield three moving out of position without the ball, and that's the issue. I do believe that this is from instruction from Van Gaal. It matches up with all that I've read and heard about him and his system and it's reminiscent of how his Bayern team played.

Is there anything more frustrating than watching the players pretty much stand in place while they repeatedly do this?

375359.png

Because that's what it feels like is happening. Even if it's exaggerated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Me this morning waiting for my Liverpool supporting colleagues to get in..

hcx01AG.gif

I took a detour through the predominantly Liverpool supporting Finance department this morning

batmani.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

what ever happened during those 2 or 3 weeks off where all sorts of rumors were around, seems to have transformed him. best scoring streak for him in 4 years now.

hopefully we do the same for Memphis and a few more lads who are woefully out of form.

hopefully Mata follows suit now also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

45 minutes off surely

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Pro F: Question

I would like to know your thoughts on Rooney's improvement in form and how it's benefited the team and the results, think we debated this before also

Rooney's so called improvement in form in recent games came along exactly at the the same time as LVG switched to the more attacking mode of play and so got proper support up to Rooney in the box.

Yesterday we went back to the defensive mode and Rooney, once again, barely got a kick all game. Even with the goal scored, if he had put in that exact performance a few months ago he would have been slated on here, and the ones slating him would have continued to assume that he was in bad form. The main reason he is not being criticised today is because people are assuming he is in "good form," because he has been scoring recently and they assume that that could continue. But if we continue to play like we did yesterday (ie in the defensive style) then he will struggle for goals soon enough, just like every one of our strikers has under LVG.

Aside from the occasional properly bad game (which all strikers suffer), Rooney's form has not been changing like many people think. The whole team's quality of attacking has been changing and Rooney has just been suffering or thriving depending on it.

edit: And with regards to how the results have benefited, I don't know that recent results are much better than what we've been getting all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Van Gaal gets the team up the pitch too slowly so the odds are against them from the start to do anything in the final third. How are you supposed to create anything against a wall of defenders time after time, we looked good against Newcastle because they were disorganised when we got to the final third because we were purposely quicker getting the ball forward in the first two.

Van Gaal just can't find a balance, Pochettino has found a great balance at Spurs and he and Van Gaal have had the same amount of time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I dont think rooneys improvements are down to tactics yh woth the right tactics he might get more chances buy he was starved yesterday and that rebound he had from Fellaini how many times have we seen him snatching at that kind of chance over the past 18 months or so.

He is alot more confident and has a spring in his step and some nice touches in recent games too.

Van Gaal gets the team up the pitch too slowly so the odds are against them from the start to do anything in the final third. How are you supposed to create anything against a wall of defenders time after time, we looked good against Newcastle because they were disorganised when we got to the final third because we were purposely quicker getting the ball forward in the first two.

Van Gaal just can't find a balance, Pochettino has found a great balance at Spurs and he and Van Gaal have had the same amount of time

Pochettino has 2 more points than LVG, his best players haven't been injured and he's been able to field a pretty consistent team and defense with players in their natural positions throughout the season. Vertonghen and Alderweireld are a very good CB pairing who are the same nationality so would have no teething problems. United have had to chop and change an awful lot and the likes of CBJ coming in because Rojo and Shaw have both had surgery and long term injuries is something they haven't really dealt with.

Not saying LVG has done well this season, far from it but for all the chances they've had to take advantage of other teams' struggles this season I don't think Spurs have been great.

TheDoc wrote: »
    I took a detour through the predominantly Liverpool supporting Finance department this morning

batmani.jpg

I spent ages waiting for this what-turns-out-to-not-be-a-gif to load.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I spent ages waiting for this what-turns-out-to-not-be-a-gif to load.

**** it isnt a gif?

Bloody hell

• Advertisement

jayo26 wrote: »
    I dont think rooneys improvements are down to tactics yh woth the right tactics he might get more chances buy he was starved yesterday and that rebound he had from Fellaini how many times have we seen him snatching at that kind of chance over the past 18 months or so.

He is alot more confident and has a spring in his step and some nice touches in recent games too.

Not many at all. Rooney has not been missing chances at any sort of significant rate, once you factor in the quality of those chances.

Rooney, through no particular fault of his own, had one shot inside the box yesterday and one shot from miles out. If those are the types of chances he is going to get then he will score very few goals. The mistaken conclusion to then draw from that would be that his finishing is the problem.

Liam O wrote: »
    Pochettino has 2 more points than LVG, his best players haven't been injured and he's been able to field a pretty consistent team and defense with players in their natural positions throughout the season. Vertonghen and Alderweireld are a very good CB pairing who are the same nationality so would have no teething problems. United have had to chop and change an awful lot and the likes of CBJ coming in because Rojo and Shaw have both had surgery and long term injuries is something they haven't really dealt with.

Not saying LVG has done well this season, far from it but for all the chances they've had to take advantage of other teams' struggles this season I don't think Spurs have been great.

Pochettino has a net spend of 3 million, Van Gaal's is over 130 million. The injury excuse goes right out the window when you look at that. He has Spurs playing a far better style of football too and even if Shaw was fit we would still be playing poor football. Spurs have scored more and conceded less than Arsenal

Headshot wrote: »
    **** it isnt a gif?

Bloody hell

I'm old school like that

• Pro. F wrote: »
    Not many at all. Rooney has not been missing chances at any sort of significant rate, once you factor in the quality of those chances.

Rooney, through no particular fault of his own, had one shot inside the box yesterday and one shot from miles out. If those are the types of chances he is going to get then he will score very few goals. The mistaken conclusion to then draw from that would be that his finishing is the problem.

Again I would question this. Rooney has fluffed alot of his chances and his first touch had been shocking bad for large portions of the season

I remember we came to an impasse about quality of chances over quantity but I'm definatly sticking to the opinion that he's now starting to bury the chances he would have missed only a few weeks ago and look what happens...

We go on a winning streak and our position in the league is reflective of this improvement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Ah now come On Rooney at the start of the season missed a good few chances that he should of put away didn't he miss a sitter in wolfsberg game? I'm not sure on which game but i think it was wolfsberg.

You are right that they haven't been creating enough for him but he didn't look like he would put away chances consistently even if they did.

Also his touch and control was awful too along with his positioning.

Apart from the penalties in past few games the actual quality of the finishing of his goals has been topnotch.

hahaha us few United fans are in fine form this morning. One of the girls sent around a mail to some of the select fans with a misleading email title and link to a "report".

Just heard a blare from the other side of the office from PC's

*LVG* - "LOUIS VAN GAALS UNITED ARMY!!"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Headshot wrote: »
    **** it isnt a gif?

Bloody hell

gifs... bloody hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Again I would question this. Rooney has fluffed alot of his chances and his first touch had been shocking bad for large portions of the season

I remember we came to an impasse about quality of chances over quantity but I'm definatly sticking to the opinion that he's now starting to bury the chances he would have missed only a few weeks ago and look what happens...

We go on a winning streak and our position in the league is reflective of this improvement

Even yesterday,his touch was atrocious a lot of the time,at one stage,Liverpool were attcking,we broke and Rooney had the freedom of the entire midfield yet somehow let a simple pass bounce 10 yards off him.I was giving out yards about some of his play and then he scored so all was forgotten in the excitement.At least he has decided to take shots and seems to have his passion back,before it looked as if he didn't care,as one of the angriest men on the field he even looked to have lost that.
    His play has improved recently but as was said,our build up is so one dimensional and by the numbers our strikers are suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

Great result yesterday, it'll be interesting to see what effect it has on the atmosphere and attitudes in the dressing room! It might just be me, but I notice a mentality change in the players, there's a bit more 'fight' in them.

I read the following today, regarding a certain Belgian player. - "He makes fewer passes per game than 15 of his team-mates, while the same amount make more tackles. Seventeen make more interceptions."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Great result yesterday, it'll be interesting to see what effect it has on the atmosphere and attitudes in the dressing room! It might just be me, but I notice a mentality change in the players, there's a bit more 'fight' in them.

I read the following today, regarding a certain Belgian player. - "He makes fewer passes per game than 15 of his team-mates, while the same amount make more tackles. Seventeen make more interceptions."

Is it this?

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/689051473007738880

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭thebigredone

zerks wrote: »

Is it this?

https://twitter.com/br_uk/status/689051473007738880

It wasn't that piece, which is a probably a far more credible piece than the football365 piece called "Five footballers that make us wonder: What do they do?", that I quoted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

In Germany and in the Bild newspaper, they are saying Rooney has sent Klopp into his first Liverpool crisis.

this is the away end yesterday when we scored. the definition of bedlem.....

CZAHmbfWYAA1SjK.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,872 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I dont think Klopp is in crisis. He inherited a pretty poor squad with litte confidence he has a major rebuilding effort ahead of him. Where they are now in the table will be where the will be there and abouts come the end of the season.

As for us I really hope that yesterday can be a real catalyst for us to kick on. A long way to go and i really hope we could maybe bring in two players in the window although thats unlikley a fprward and a defender would be great. We have so many games with the PL, Europa amd FA cup and its still a major concern how light we are on numbers. We should be looking real hard at getting in players. I can really see us back in the situation where we are having to start several young inexperienced players in one game out of necessity once again... hopefully one or two Martial / Solskjaer type bargains out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im finding it hard to find Wally

brilliant new angle on yesterdays goal..

https://twitter.com/ScoreboardP/status/688827861667569666

I remember the conversation. You said that it was nothing to do with the tactics, number of chances being created or anything like that. That all those things were fine and that Rooney was simply missing the chances, and if scored them the team's form would improve. Now in recent games, coming up to the Liverpool one, we've seen the tactics change, the number of chances increase and Rooney has scored a few goals.

We drew with Newcastle.

Ah now come On Rooney at the start of the season missed a good few chances that he should of put away didn't he miss a sitter in wolfsberg game? I'm not sure on which game but i think it was wolfsberg.

You are right that they haven't been creating enough for him but he didn't look like he would put away chances consistently even if they did.

No, he simply did not miss a significant number of good chances. All that happened is that the team created so few chances that the few he missed stood out in peoples' memories more.

People also tried blaming Martial for a while. Although this took the form of "he's only he a kid, you can't expect him to be a good enough finisher yet." And this was inspite of the fact that Martial has been pretty damn lethal with the paltry chances he has been given.
    Also his touch and control was awful too along with his positioning.

They were the same as they normally are. Which is to say, his touch is fine and his movement is excellent. But when you completely isolate a striker (especially a striker who is not a big lump) in a static attack, you can expect him to lose the ball a lot.

Yesterday's game, compared to the games that came just before it, should be very instructive on what the problem in our attack is. Rooney barely got a kick all game and only got one chance in the box. Everybody agreed he was in form, but we saw what happens when the attack is dysfunctional and the in-form striker is completely isolated. ...Oh but he scored his one chance - you will say. Just see how long that lasts, if LVG decides to stick with the defensive style again. There is no striker in the world who will score consistently from so few chances.
    Apart from the penalties in past few games the actual quality of the finishing of his goals has been topnotch.

You are talking about a handful of shots here. Drawing conclusions based on such a tiny sample (finishing rates are subject to massive variance, even for the very best strikers) is misguided.

I read Martial's chance conversion rate is as good as Vardy, Aguero and Giroud

A surprising stat, would indicate if we created more chances he would score the goals

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

I read Martial's chance conversion rate is as good as Vardy, Aguero and Giroud

A surprising stat, would indicate if we created more chances he would score the goals

If we had a manager that could unlock the formation to build the team around Martial we would win the league.

He can go on to be as important to us as Messi is to Barca or Ronaldo is to Madrid.

He is going to be a superstar.

Quotes from Schneiderlin. if we kept a clean sheet we would have a chance to win the game."

Guy's a fracking genius

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement