Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Martial's transfer document has leaked. Full document is here

Fee structure was;

€20M upfront
    €30M 1st July 2016

Bonuses:
    €10M after 25 goals first team goals in competitive matches.
    €10M after 25 French caps (at least 45mins in each cap)
    €10M if he is nominated for the Ballon d'or.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Pro. F wrote: »
    No, he simply did not miss a significant number of good chances. All that happened is that the team created so few chances that the few he missed stood out in peoples' memories more.

People also tried blaming Martial for a while. Although this took the form of "he's only he a kid, you can't expect him to be a good enough finisher yet." And this was inspite of the fact that Martial has been pretty damn lethal with the paltry chances he has been given.

They were the same as they normally are. Which is to say, his touch is fine and his movement is excellent. But when you completely isolate a striker (especially a striker who is not a big lump) in a static attack, you can expect him to lose the ball a lot.

Yesterday's game, compared to the games that came just before it, should be very instructive on what the problem in our attack is. Rooney barely got a kick all game and only got one chance in the box. Everybody agreed he was in form, but we saw what happens when the attack is dysfunctional and the in-form striker is completely isolated. ...Oh but he scored his one chance - you will say. Just see how long that lasts, if LVG decides to stick with the defensive style again. There is no striker in the world who will score consistently from so few chances.

You are talking about a handful of shots here. Drawing conclusions based on such a tiny sample (finishing rates are subject to massive variance, even for the very best strikers) is misguided.

I can't argue they have created less but easiest way for me to say it is on average this season in league and champs league rooney has averaged 2.5 shots per game in and scored 7 and 1.5 of them shots are from inside the box.

Martial a young kid has 1.5 shots per game and outscored him while playing on the wing alot of the time and in the same team.

Rooneys hit rate was always alot higher then that over the years when he was on form.

Last couple weeks of weeks he looks alot better against Newcastle he had only 3 shots and scored 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

this is the away end yesterday when we scored. the definition of bedlem

Loved to have been there.

Spent about 8-10 minutes just looking at people reactions, of which they're all sorts.

Great photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

TheTownie wrote: »

Fee structure was;

€20M upfront
    €30M 1st July 2016

Bonuses:

Its a given at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

jayo26 wrote: »
    I can't argue they have created less but easiest way for me to say it is on average this season in league and champs league rooney has averaged 2.5 shots per game in and scored 7 and 1.5 of them shots are from inside the box.

Martial a young kid has 1.5 shots per game and outscored him while playing on the wing alot of the time and in the same team.

Rooneys hit rate was always alot higher then that over the years when he was on form.

Last couple weeks of weeks he looks alot better against Newcastle he had only 3 shots and scored 2.

You're not getting it, finishing rates have massive variance. They do not tell you anything meaningful when you look at such small sample sizes, ie less than a couple of seasons worth of data.

But if you insist on looking at the finishing rates from the season so far, then let's do a bit of comparing, with some of the world's best. Since we don't have the tools to properly adjust for chance quality (expected goals would be best for this but I can only find that information for teams, not individuals), lets just make do and limit this to non-penalty goals scored inside the area per shot taken inside the area. All numbers calculated from squawka's comparison matrix.

15/16 League non-penalty goals inside area per shot inside area:

Suarez 0.288
    Rooney 0.173
    Messi 0.170
    Aguero 0.136
    Ronaldo 0.122

Or, if you'd prefer to keep it simple, all league non-penalty goals per shot (both inside and outside the box):

Suarez 0.239
    Aguero 0.182
    Messi 0.113
    Rooney 0.109
    Ronaldo 0.092

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Pereira almost scored a peach for U21's, controlled ball on the edge of the box , dinked it over the oncoming defender and lashed a volley which the Saints keeper tipped over.

It would fantastic if he can push on and get into contention for first 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,274 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Fee structure was;

€20M upfront
    €30M 1st July 2016

Bonuses:
    The first two are almost a given. If he makes these, 70m EUR is a lot. If he makes the third, he will have been a bargain at 80m

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

The first two are almost a given. If he makes these, 70m EUR is a lot. If he makes the third, he will have been a bargain at 80m

25 caps at at least 45 mins is a lot over the course of a contract considering there is only 10 or so international games a year. It presumes he plays most games he is fit for, when he has the likes of Benzema and Griezmann up front for competition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

TheTownie wrote:
    Fee structure was;

TheTownie wrote:
    €20M upfront €30M 1st July 2016

TheTownie wrote:
    Bonuses: €10M after 25 goals first team goals in competitive matches. €10M after 25 French caps (at least 45mins in each cap) €10M if he is nominated for the Ballon d'or.

Hah, I used to make deals like this on Football Manager.

• Advertisement

I was getting withdrawal symptoms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Borked.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I bet it was Fellaini's fault.

You're not getting it, finishing rates have massive variance. They do not tell you anything meaningful when you look at such small sample sizes, ie less than a couple of seasons worth of data.

But if you insist on looking at the finishing rates from the season so far, then let's do a bit of comparing, with some of the world's best. Since we don't have the tools to properly adjust for chance quality (expected goals would be best for this but I can only find that information for teams, not individuals), lets just make do and limit this to non-penalty goals scored inside the area per shot taken inside the area. All numbers calculated from squawka's comparison matrix.

Suarez 0.288
    Rooney 0.173
    Messi 0.170
    Aguero 0.136
    Ronaldo 0.122

Or, if you'd prefer to keep it simple, all league non-penalty goals per shot (both inside and outside the box):

Suarez 0.239
    Aguero 0.182
    Messi 0.113
    Rooney 0.109
    Ronaldo 0.092

I dont like all your numbers mate ill just stick to my opinion that he has improved his form over past few weeks ha :)

Suarez 0.288
    Rooney 0.173
    Messi 0.170
    Aguero 0.136
    Ronaldo 0.122

Suarez 0.239
    Aguero 0.182
    Messi 0.113
    Rooney 0.109
    Ronaldo 0.092

Could you do comparisons to top stirkers in the league he is playing in aswell, I know Ageuro is there just think it'd be a better reflection.

I've no idea if he will look better or worse just asking :D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

We are being linked with Cavani again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Liverpool fans meltdown after Sunday crashed boards.

Where's the cartman gif?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

RobertKK wrote: »
    We are being linked with Cavani again.

I read somewhere yesterday (Sindo I think) that Madrid want to sell us Kroos for £40m to finance a deal for Cavani before their embargo takes effect.

I would like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Kroos would struggle in our team as it is now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Kroos would struggle in our team as it is now.

I said I would like that.

Don't harsh my buzz man.

:mad:

We're back

LVG OUT

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yay!

#WellDoneFellaini :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

I bet Liverpool fans attacked the site to stop us celebrating during the week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Wahey.. unbeaten in 2016!!!

Withdrawls the last 2 days

tumblr_inline_n6rghkHBYn1sz8xnb.gif

Brendan Rodgers has said United can win the Premier League.

VW 1 wrote: »
    25 caps at at least 45 mins is a lot over the course of a contract considering there is only 10 or so international games a year. It presumes he plays most games he is fit for, when he has the likes of Benzema and Griezmann up front for competition.

He is a regular for the French team.

Look forward to watching him play in the Euro's, apart from our own team, there are so many teams I look forward to watching.

RobertKK wrote: »
    Brendan Rodgers has said United can win the Premier League.

He's obviously trying to butter up the board so they'll take a look at his CV in the summer.

its been a horrible horrible 2 days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fee structure was;

€20M upfront
    €30M 1st July 2016

Bonuses:

Hard to believe that pdf.

Who calls CEO with their short name. Ed Woodward instead of Edward Woodward. Also there is not a single logo of either clubs, I mean it's not even clubs letter head or some revenue/stamp paper. Transaction of that huge money is done on a plain white paper? Really hard to believe that.

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Who calls CEO with their short name. Ed Woodward instead of Edward Woodward. Also there is not a single logo of either clubs, I mean it's not even clubs letter head or some revenue/stamp paper. Transaction of that huge money is done on a plain white paper? Really hard to believe that.

It was said at the time of the transfer that Monac did not want to sell, and United kept adding add ons till Monaco caved in.

There is also if United sold the player for above €80 million, that Monaco would get 50% of the difference above that.

Do Monaco use official paper when selling their players, is the bank account IBAN legitimate?
    There are things there that can be clarified.

• Advertisement

• Headshot wrote: »

Why, because you had to actually do some work :P

Well we know bangkok is not a girl.

https://twitter.com/ChevroletFC/status/689784432316846080

For those who can't see it is a woman celebrating and in the background on TV is Fellaini.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Not sure if this has been covered or not given the state of the site atm.

But fwiw, this transfer agreement came from a site called football leaks which has loads of contracts, transfer agreements etc. uploaded. They're mainly from deals involving Portugeese clubs or players but have some others.

Directly related to this, they have Rojo's deal from Sporting Lisbon as well and Ed's signature is the same on it as it is on the Martial one.

https://footballleaks2015.wordpress.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

My daily ritual of finishing work, cooking the dinner and then reading boards has been rightly fúcked up these last two days. Dunno what to be doing with myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I read a book. #oldskool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I've finally made my way into the matrix :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

Van Gaal to go in the summer. Fair compromise?

God I had to go outside. It's weird out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Headshot wrote: »

i dunno about you buddy, but ive had a permanent smile on my face for the last 3 days. ive watched the rooney goal about 200 times on loop off sky sports and when i got bored, i watched the various fan footage of the goals. i then watch the Rooney goal on Sky again, rinse and repeat.

its been a rough few months, but the last few days have been brilliant and i am hopeful that this is the turning point of our season. i cant wait for the trip over saturday morning, first time ive been looking forward to a game in a long long time.

#LVGredandwhitearmy :D
    adox wrote: »
    I read a book. #oldskool

i booked my flights for the remaining TV games, in the coming weeks. booked Arsenal game today for €45......have a spare ticket if anybody wants it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

i dunno about you buddy, but ive had a permanent smile on my face for the last 3 days. ive watched the rooney goal about 200 times on loop off sky sports and when i got bored, i watched the various fan footage of the goals. i then watch the Rooney goal on Sky again, rinse and repeat.

its been a rough few months, but the last few days have been brilliant and i am hopeful that this is the turning point of our season. i cant wait for the trip over saturday morning, first time ive been looking forward to a game in a long long time.

i booked my flights for the remaining TV games, in the coming weeks. booked Arsenal game today for €45......have a spare ticket if anybody wants it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Imagine this was the summer transfer window. Be absolutely freaked

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

What flights did you book for 45??

It's Euros all way for me. No time for this club stuff ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So the biggest story during the outage seems to be Cavani. Lots of links with some sources saying we approached him and others saying his agents have approached us.

Thoughts? Is he what we need?

Not his biggest fan, but he is a player who divides opinion

• Advertisement

• Lord TSC wrote: »
    So the biggest story during the outage seems to be Cavani. Lots of links with some sources saying we approached him and others saying his agents have approached us.

He's a target man though. Strong, good finisher but doesn't have much pace.

I'm not so sure he's what we need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He's a target man though. Strong, good finisher but doesn't have much pace.

I'm not so sure he's what we need.

we well do need another striker as we only have 2, but if Rooney is back on form and continues as he has been doing over the last 3 weeks then we dont need a big name striker - its just a back up like Hernandez type player.

priorities right are a center half and a winger, we are desperately crying out for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

For the money Cavani would likely cost id prefer to get in a winger and a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Lord TSC wrote: »

Great player on his day but he is 30 now so would only be a short term signing.. for that type of money we should be looking at Lukaku who could stay around for years...

Some good news for United fans for a change. I was just having a look at the stats for the last 15 minutes in the PL. United are the form team, joint top with City. Liverpool are in the relegation zone and I can't see them getting out in their next 15 minutes.

Team|GF|GA|GD|PTS
    Man City| 1| 0| 1| 3
    Man Utd| 1| 0| 1| 3
    Tottenham |1| 0| 1| 3
    Chelsea| 1| 1| 0| 1
    Everton| 1| 1| 0| 1
    Arsenal| 0| 0| 0| 1
    Aston Villa| 0| 0| 0| 1
    Bournmouth| 0| 0| 0| 1
    Leicester| 0| 0| 0| 1|
    Newcastle| 0| 0| 0| 1
    Norwich| 0| 0| 0| 1|