Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Nice job, Januzaj.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Please make it stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Rooney has been absolute muck today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Hopefully this ends the nightmare that is Louis van gaal

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Southampton totally deserve the 3 points. We are disgracefully bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ElChe32 wrote: »

He has been muck for a long time. The recent goals just paper over his awful performances as a whole

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

He has to go. This is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

ElChe32 wrote: »

The entire team has truely terrible all round performance just terrible.

LVG will blame the press for this loss now....

This result, and our rivals winning today, probably ends the top 4 chances.

Happy to stick with Van Gaal until the end of the season though.

• Advertisement

Edit: Double post.

If Boards was a horse, it would be put out of its misery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Watching us nowadays is how i feel about pro wrestling.

10 to 15 years ago we had our attitude era, we were exciting, dangerous, unpredictable and a joy to watch.

Today we are boring, going for the same approach, a couple of stars in a sea of mediocrity and an utter chore to watch.

LVGs time has come and gone, I expect him to see the summer out of it though and head off into the sunset "by mutual consent"

Terrible stuff altogether.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Some real nasty United supporters in the stadium today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Headshot wrote: »
    He has been muck for a long time. The recent goals just paper over his awful performances as a whole

Incorrect, his recent performances have been quite good. Great to see how quickly forgotten that is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

What does this man have to do to be sacked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Hopefully this ends the nightmare that is Louis van gaal

No chance. The time to sack him was after the Stoke game. Having not done so, we are stuck with this til the end of the season at the very least.

Neither Woodward nor the Glazers have the appetite or gumption to see this can't be allowed to continue.

The signed a new outdoor sports apparel sponsor yesterday. That is literally all they care about.

They don't care about winning the league. They don't care about winning the champions league. they don't care about youth development. they don't care about being entertaining. no one in power, no one in control, care about the football club. They ONLY care about business.

The business will suffer on the back of this, but it will take time - and until they find it hard to improve their sponsorship deals, they will consider everything to be fine.

Get used to it - its not going to change. The club as a football team is poorly ran at every single level. There is so much wrong, and no push to fix it.

The owners don't care. The CEO doesn't care. The manager doesn't care.

Surely there is little to be lost at this stage if Giggs was put in charge for the rest of the season? I can't see how United under Giggs could possibly be any worse than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

glued wrote: »
    It's an argument and a very valid one but I don't expect you to be able to understand that.

What's your argument?

I don't have an argument and I understand it fine. It's just waffle from you. Other poster pointing out that he'd be a huge risk as manager of Man Utd and your rebuttal is "sure everyone's a risk" which is just waffle and a nothing response. At least have the balls to argue why you think he'd be a good appointment rather than the nonsense you spouted thrown in with personal insults.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Just sack him and give Jose a chance to salvage top 4. He Should have been sacked even before the 2-0 defeat at Stoke. No other club in the world would leave him in the job.

That performance was a complete disgrace and it's been one of many many disgraceful performances this year at OT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I have one of the best records when it comes to warnings and bans on boards, but if I post what I feel about Van Gaal I will get straight red.

Lingard was awful but somehow finished the game when Januzaj was warming the bench. Pathetic performance, Van Gaal should go and we have to start planning for new season.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I have one of the best records when it comes to warnings and bans on boards, but if I post what I feel about Van Gaal I will get straight red.

Lingard was awful but somehow finished the game when Januzaj was warming the bench. Pathetic performance, Van Gaal should go and we have to start planning for new season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Don't think anyone can be surprised at that result. We've stole a win against Pool last week, stole one in the FA Cup, a scrappy win against Swansea and a high scoring but poor result against Newcastle.

Nothing has changed on our end since we went on the winless run. We just faced worse opponents and got lucky once or twice.

This is how it will be so long as LVG is our manager. He sets out for boring, low scoring games. And we're toxic under him :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

LVG set us up not to lose this match and with that your always playing a dangerous game. We have guys on the bench that should have come on earlier when you seen that we were a fecking mess in the first half.

He has absolutely no clue how to get us to break down teams who sit back. Top four is long gone at this stage.

Today is a major blow for CL qualification for me. I just want him gone so badly. Its right up there with the Moyes rubbish

LVG set us up not to lose this match and with that your always playing a dangerous game. We have guys on the bench that should have come on earlier when you seen that we were a fecking mess in the first half.

He has absolutely no clue how to get us to break down teams who sit back. Top four is long gone at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

I shudder to think the calamity that this club would become if Ryan Giggs took over from LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,043 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Surely there is little to be lost at this stage if Giggs was put in charge for the rest of the season? I can't see how United under Giggs could possibly be any worse than that.
    what's the point though, if he's not going be better?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Second game in a row with only one shot on target in the whole match for United. Painfully boring to watch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Just can't think of one positive from that match

Won't be a popular opinion but the old Trafford crowd has never been good when the team is going through tough spells unlike the fans at away games which are some of the best in the league.

But surely something has to change even Giggs till the end of the season which I don't want but LVG is done at United. I don't think it'll be Jose as I think he'd already be in the job if he was coming in.

I shudder to think the calamity that this club would become if Ryan Giggs took over from LVG.

Better to give it to him now and make a mess of an already messed up season. Then in the summer we can put to bed this idea of Giggs as manager for the future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

That was just horrendous. Southampton deserved the victory completely even if they didn't create many chances.

LVG just has to go at this stage and him proclaiming we were back in title race last week was just laughable.

Can't see him getting sacked though as he surely would have been already.

The depressing thing is this was more or less expected and no surprise. It's the norm now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Second game in a row with only one shot on target in the whole match for United. Painfully boring to watch.

Pretty sure that one shot was the 40 yard floater from Blind into the keepers arms.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Hitchens wrote: »
    Correct. You don't change manager because "it can't be any worse".

You know if Jose came in tomorrow, id ****ing jump for joy because we would be back in the hunt for CL qualification. He would give the team a jump start

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

edgecutter wrote: »

Southampton didn't even have to sit back today. They didn't play a defensive game. We were just utterly incapable of doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sky88 wrote: »
    Just can't think of one positive from that match

Won't be a popular opinion but the old Trafford crowd has never been good when the team is going through tough spells unlike the fans at away games which are some of the best in the league.

But surely something has to change even Giggs till the end of the season which I don't want but LVG is done at United. I don't think it'll be Jose as I think he'd already be in the job if he was coming in.

Well I thought Shane Long played well, that's something I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

adox wrote: »
    I don't have an argument and I understand it fine. It's just waffle from you. Other poster pointing out that he'd be a huge risk as manager of Man Utd and your rebuttal is "sure everyone's a risk" which is just waffle and a nothing response. At least have the balls to argue why you think he'd be a good appointment rather than the nonsense you spouted thrown in with personal insults.

I did argue why he would be a good appointment. Perhaps you should read before posting anymore nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

We are closer to 10th than we are 1st. Time to go.

We still have the cup and Europa league to play for so get somebody else in who wont play 5 at the back at home against a poor team, like when has 5 at the back ever worked in the prem.

Dare I say Giggs couldn't be any worse for 4 months could he?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

We are closer to 10th than we are 1st. Time to go.

We still have the cup and Europa league to play for so get somebody else in who wont play 5 at the back at home against a poor team, like when has 5 at the back ever worked in the prem.

Dare I say Giggs couldn't be any worse for 4 months could he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't feel like posting after that, it can't be allowed to continue. United less exciting than near all the teams in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

TheTownie wrote: »
    Pretty sure that one shot was the 40 yard floater from Blind into the keepers arms.

Think it was Darmians serving shot they are counting. Again a defender and again straight into the keeper's hands!

glued wrote: »
    I did argue why he would be a good appointment. Perhaps you should read before posting anymore nonsense.

"Any appointment is a risk"

:rolleyes:

ParkRunner wrote: »
    Think it was Darmians serving shot they are counting. Again a defender and again straight into the keeper's hands!

No, it was Blind's hit and hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Will he be there on Monday? I'm not religious but i could get the rosary beads out and say a prayer that he is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

1 shot on target. The club needs to get rid and fast. Things won't improve under LVG.

• Think I'm nearly crossed into 'lvg out' territory

Really hard to defend that type of performance

Utterly depressing

Last match I was at a match in OT was April 2014 against villa, and that was a great day

Feel sorry for anyone that had to travel to witness that

Need a beer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

No chance. The time to sack him was after the Stoke game. Having not done so, we are stuck with this til the end of the season at the very least.

He should have been sacked when he got us knocked out of the champions league

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hitchens wrote: »

How do we know it won't be better? I fail to see how it could be worse, and I'm sure Giggs will be a lot more interested in playing like the United of old than LVG is. Even if appointing Giggs would only give a temporary boost of 2 or 3 wins before returning to the same rubbish, it's surely worth it at this stage of the season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Time to bite the bullet ... Pep's going to city so no point in even going there... Jose needs to be called and given the job.

He wanted to stay long term at Chelsea, he should be given the chance at United IMO.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement