Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015 Mod Note Post #2331

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭Juan8

Pep is going to City, so who do United line up to replace LVG? Balagué pretty much gave full detail on that move this week.

This means City will probably be busy in the transfer market and if United are not in the Champions League they will find it very difficult to sign top players.

Not good!

I think Pep is going to City myself but Balague is a chancer, I wouldn't be using him as some kind of proof

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

dubmick wrote: »
    Howard Nurse (BBC) is saying he is done.

Sacked or walked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Link?

So I can jump for joy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

The most reliable sports journalist I have came across too!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

I think Nurse is offering an opinion rather than stating a fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Pep is going to City, so who do United line up to replace LVG? Balagué pretty much gave full detail on that move this week.

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/290958231784804352

Two days later Bayern announced it. I'm not saying he won't take over at City, I personally reckon he will but I don't think Balague has the inside track in that camp like you think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

The on,y thing I can see is this tweet right on full time which I would read too much into.

"The end game for LVG #MUFC"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

Why would he get sacked now? It's the same as a month ago.

LVG won't be sacked until April when we will be mathematically ruled out of 4th. It was the same situation as Moyes. Probably some clause in the contracts.

Ah a perfectly unambiguous tweet that he can later proclaim as being ITK or brush off...

New age journalism 101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

FatherTed wrote: »

Exactly. Doesn't matter about todays result, what needed to be done was obvious a long time ago.

Its one thing for some posters on here not to have seen it, but its worrying that the hierarchy at the club either couldn't see what was obvious, or didn't have the wherewithal to do something about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/CFCCorner/status/690944767996366848

Last season no shots on target and lost to Soton,this season, 1 shot on target and lost to Soton #progress.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Headshot wrote: »
    Today is a major blow for CL qualification for me. I just want him gone so badly. Its right up there with the Moyes rubbish

I'd actually rather Moyes. In my opinion had Moyes been allowed to see out the summer and work with the team be wanted, Herrera and Shaw and given the same money to invest as LVG I think we would at LEAST be playing better football. At least under Moyes we were some what entertaining to watch.

LVG must have a guardian angel. How he has not been sacked is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Headshot wrote: »
    Today is a major blow for CL qualification for me. I just want him gone so badly. Its right up there with the Moyes rubbish

I'd actually rather Moyes. In my opinion had Moyes been allowed to see out the summer and work with the team be wanted, Herrera and Shaw and given the same money to invest as LVG I think we would at LEAST be playing better football. At least under Moyes we were some what entertaining to watch.

LVG must have a guardian angel. How he has not been sacked is beyond me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Ordinarily I would say hold off until the end of the season as the chances of getting a proven manager at this stage of the season is slim.

However, considering the current position and the performances and the fact that Mourinho is a free agent then a move for him until end of season and evaluate after that. If he performs well then give him a longer contract. If not, then you would be in no worse a position than we are in now. And I wouldnt norally have been in the Mourinho to United camp.

FatherTed wrote: »

LVG won't be sacked until April when we will be mathematically ruled out of 4th. It was the same situation as Moyes. Probably some clause in the contracts.
    We'll its actually not, we are 10 points from the top, 5 from 4th and in no way look like we can catch them... it looks like a massive fight for 4th and LVG seems to be lost on what direction he wants to go... when we try attack we leak goals and when we defend we can't score.

Its time for a change to stop the slide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

TheDoc wrote: »
    I'd imagine the club are only holding steady because Pep is clearly indicating they are an option.the longer Van Gaal stays, the longer Pep hasn't made a decision.

Only reason I can see him bring there still. You get José, Pep is going to City and we are in massive trouble.

The moment there is confirmation or indication Pep is not coming ,José should be brought in

I'm now firmly in the "time for a change" camp. Not the time to post a tribute to Van Gaal, I will when he goes as he hasn't been a total disaster.

But unfortunately (and it is unfortunate, would have loved him to work out) Van Gaal needs replacing.

Andy Mitten and Ducker think Pep is not going to be considered by the club. The club wants a long term manager and he's not considered to fit that criteria. Even before the disaster in December the club told reporters that Pep is not going to be considered as he's going to City. Most of the Spanish press are following that line along with all the City reporters. I'd like to see Pep but I think he wouldn't be interested in a rebuild. He's hungry for success and would have an easier job correcting City's squad than ours. He can't motivate himself past a few years. His obsession burns him out but I would love to see Pep come in even if it was for just 2-3 years. He's a phenomenal manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

https://twitter.com/guillembalague/status/290958231784804352

Two days later Bayern announced it. I'm not saying he won't take over at City, I personally reckon he will but I don't think Balague has the inside track in that camp like you think.
    Balague strikes me as a bit of a bluffer. If he told me the Pope was a catholic, I'd want independent verification.

irishfeen wrote: »
    We'll its actually not, we are 10 points from the top, 5 from 4th and in no way look like we can catch them... it looks like a massive fight for 4th and LVG seems to be lost on what direction he wants to go... when we try attack we leak goals and when we defend we can't score.

Its time for a change to stop the slide.

3 points worse off at this stage compared to Moyes and no first half goals in 11 home league games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭how.gareth

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Post-match Van Gaal press conference struck me as a man knowing his fate.

From a season ticket holder and it echos the views of many,many more.
    As a season ticket holder, I can vouch that the Old Trafford fans have been extremely patient and supportive of the players. However, enough is enough and the message has to be put across that the sterile dross we are paying good money for each week has to stop. My seat is in East stand upper, the end to which United always play in the first half, No goals to celebrate in the first half for 11 matches now, in fact very few shots even. There are 55,000 season ticket holders, who have paid for the season. It's not like they can stay away without wasting money, like they would have done in the old days, when you paid at the turnstile, as a protest.

Today's booing at the end was loud and prolonged and throughout the stadium, from those who stayed to the end. It was a clear message that match days fans are not prepared to accept such dross any longer.

Van Gaal must either walk or be sacked now. The title has definitely gone for this year. Top 4 won't be achieved and we'll be lucky to finish in the top 10 if he stays to the end of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

If West Ham win, we are down to 6th below them and Spurs :o

LVG needs to go

At full time the camera quickly changed when it panned to a guy screaming blue murder at LVG on the full time whistle.Time is up for him as United manager,somebody needs to come in and change things now.4th is getting further and further away,nevermind his dreaming of the title.Imagine if we hadn't won last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Just seen the goal. Austin completely unmarked. McNair lost him. In reality what are we doing with a player like McNair on the pitch. We've injuries alright but just goes to show you the lack of squad depth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

zerks wrote: »
    .Imagine if we hadn't won last week.

He'd have departed by now ............ wouldn't he ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Think I'm nearly crossed into 'lvg out' territory

Really hard to defend that type of performance

Utterly depressing

Last match I was at a match in OT was April 2014 against villa, and that was a great day

Feel sorry for anyone that had to travel to witness that

Need a beer

Nearly??? How can anyone still want him in charge. What does he have to do...

6 wins in the last 21 games for Manchester United.
    Can't think of any big club in world football which wouldn't have sacked Van Gaal by now

Liverpool were dross today and managed to score 5,it's 99 games since we did that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

Watching us nowadays is how i feel about pro wrestling.

10 to 15 years ago we had our attitude era, we were exciting, dangerous, unpredictable and a joy to watch.

Cantona was Razor Ramon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I read somewhere that Memphis is the only United player to score a first half league goal at Old Trafford this season. And he did it in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

zerks wrote:
    Liverpool were dross today and managed to score 5,it's 99 games since we did that.

The 5-5 draw with WBA?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Just saw LVG's post-match.

It's incredible how many times he moans about packed defences being the reason for no goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

VW 1 wrote: »
    The 5-5 draw with WBA?

Think we beat Bayern Leverkusen 5-1 away with moyes

Hococop wrote: »
    Think we beat Bayern Leverkusen 5-1 away with moyes

The stat is for EPL games.

Even after beating Liverpool last week,the reality was that we were rubbish once more with no sign of improvement,today just hammered that home.Football by numbers,it's like watching a toddler trying to play FIFA at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

SlickRic wrote: »

It's incredible how many times he moans about packed defences being the reason for no goals.

Some fans buy the excuse so I don't blame home for using it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I think the United board would like to get rid of LVG.The problem is, who do they get to replace him?

Regardless of what is said in the media or by the club, I believe we're interested in getting Pep. Pep though is tied up until the summer. If we were to sack LVG now who do we replace him with seeing that Pep is not immediately available?

A lot of people will suggest Mourinho. If that happens that rules out Pep as Mourinho would get a 3 year deal at least. I'm also of the opinion that the board is split on Mourinho, hence the reluctance to fully commit to getting rid of LVG at the minute. It seems as if the club will persist with LVG in the hope that he'll secure a top 4 finish. Then I think they'll look for Pep. If that fails, why might have to take Mourinho on. Who else is there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

zerks wrote: »

The day after united sign a new sponsor

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think I have reached the stage where faith is all but gone save for a few drops, and enough is enough. Shame

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Just seen this on Twitter -

"Can Manchester United score? - they always score!"

By god how times have changed!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

SlickRic wrote: »

He's frustrated because he can't beat it. I think a large portion of the reason is that defensively we're awful. Smalling, Shaw and Darmian are the bones of a good defense but we really need a solid CB in the Summer. He's really poor at finding a balance to his tactics. He really needs to go.

12605318_966564443380451_691627513771672382_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

LVG is out of his depth, it's unreal that the board haven't got the finger out and stop this so called philosophy madness. I'd rather prefer Giggs coming in as interim manager until we find a replacement and to be honest I don't think Pep is our messiah as people are crying out for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    LVG is out of his depth, it's unreal that the board haven't got the finger out and stop this so called philosophy madness. I'd rather prefer Giggs coming in as interim manager until we find a replacement and to be honest I don't think Pep is our messiah as people are crying out for.

If they are holding out for Pep, give it to Moyes for 5 months, they're probably still paying him anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I found it funny when he moaningly said Southampton were playing 5 at the back and he himself was playing 5 at the back.

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I found it funny when he moaningly said Southampton were playing 5 at the back and he himself was playing 5 at the back.

Next he'll be moaning that the opposition has 11 players on the field.It wouldn't matter if they only had 5,we probably still wouldn't score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Am i the only one who would love Pochettino to be the next Utd boss ?. HE plays young players ?. HE got rid of all the deadwood right ?. He made Harry Kane ?. The team plays some fantastic attacking football ?. He's also a young manager at 43 ?. Uses players from the clubs he was at youth academies ?.

I might be crazy but i think he could be the man for Utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,468 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Depressingly this is just going to roll on until it is mathematically impossible for us to qualify for the Champions League as it was when moyes was sacked. LVG can't really hack the premier league and his decisions in getting rid of van persie and chicarito look likely to be his undoing. No tactical nous worthy of modern competitive football and a stubbornness that ensures his side will continue to fail equals time to get rid. But we'll stand by him and allow the rot to become terminal. He should have gone before Christmas and now we're heading into a real crisis.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Hello.

Can I go into the LVG out camp our is that train full?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement