Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend your turkey calculator

Options
  • 24-12-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭

Ive been calculating turkey times all morning with varying times. Everything from 4 hours to 7hours twenty minutes. The turkey is 11kg. Can anyone recommend a site that they have actually used. I think some websites are just covering themselves. I dont want to nuke it. I just need to know a rough estimate so I can factor in everything else. I don't have a meat thermometer

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

40 mins per kg plus an extra 20 minutes @ 190/170 (fan) according to the instructions on my bird.

An 11Kg bird is working out at 460 minutes _ 7 hours 40 minutes!!!

How many people are you feeding with that size of a turkey?

If you have a thermostat, I'd suggest sticking it into the bird to monitor it. When it hits temperature its done (subject to checking the colour of the juices when you prod the flesh)

To be safe, put it on in good time and monitor it so it doesnt over cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Thanks for that. I can't believe it will take over seven hours

How many people are you feeding? It seems a very big bird..will it even fit in your oven?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

How many people are you feeding? It seems a very big bird..will it even fit in your oven?

It better. Only 17.

freida wrote: »
    It better. Only 17.

Yikes :eek:

Put it on early and watch it once it hits the 4 hour mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement