Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 125 cruiser bikes?

Options
  • 24-12-2015 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Was looking at getting a Suzuki Marauder 125cc 2002 with less than 5000 m. What would the value be around for a bike like this in good condition. And does anyone know of a similar if not better bike for the same price range.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,895 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Yamaha xvs125 dragster

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Marauder is single cylinder, next one in the Suzuki range, Intruder, is v-twin. Check the carbs on the marauder, theyre prone to wear.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

Unless you have only an A1 licence I would recommend getting a bigger cruiser like a 650. They're very tame so it would be no problem for a beginner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Yamaha SR 125 is bulletproof and close enough to a crruiser, you can hockey them before they give up the ghost, which they wont :)

I had a marauder 125, it's a pile of ****e. Bought from new and started falling apart after three months. Shocking build quality. Also had a dragstar 125 which was an infinitely better bike. Better v twin engine, build quality etc and it was just nicer to drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭lalababa

With cruisers your feet are foward and they are more difficut to manouever in tricky situations than road bikes. They are also generally slower and heavier. Some good ones are any of the big four 125s. Gz/Marauder, virago(very nice with the twin), shadow and dragstar also rebel and intruder.
    Road bikes that have a cruiser look are gn, sr, tux . I think the sr is a bit slow. The newer gns as in the gnH are faster and very reliable. (Does the gnH have exactly same engine set up as gz??)
    I'd go for a virago but all are much of a muchness. Check brakes and chain /sprockets before test drive!!:cool:

Advertisement