Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Tactical bipod

Options
  • 24-12-2015 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I got a new bipod recently from Phoenix Tactical. It's made in the UK by Brian Reacher. (www.phoenixtactical.co.uk)
    I said once I got it I'd throw up a few pics and a quick review and a plug for the company.

Mounting is simple with a QD picatinny adapter spigot. Operation is very easy, the legs are spring loaded and click solidly into place. It folds neatly out of the way along the barrel line for transport. Shooting is rock solid and height adjustment is similar to a notched leg Harris. Although the unit looks bulky and my scope literally sits on the rail, the adapter and bipod in no way interfere with scope picture.

There's supposedly advantages from having a pendulum type bipod but ****** If I know what they are. All I know is I had a rock solid base and am very happy with the bipod.

F82E80EA-2C2F-4F0B-B7D7-50DC9013F514_zpsu9cnlsma.jpg

570FF9FE-A171-4526-8F5C-68E8D987459E_zpssoqibe8f.jpg

C0699E75-D1B8-457F-85F3-69606DB41000_zpsijcllzyz.jpg

E8330F48-9EF2-4326-B731-65FA536F9B18_zpsmffy3rbg.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

correct link

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Gorman700

Looks seriously bulky but looks tough. I'd like to see a video of it in use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lefthooker

Yeah it looks bulky but only weighs a little over 600 grams and gives a rock solid base.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Looks very much like this one i was trying to get my hands on,but its unfortunately sold out at the moment,but will get a new batch in ,in the new year.

http://vertebrae.no/rps/rps-bipod-37/rps-bipod.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

lefthooker wrote: »
    I got a new bipod recently from Phoenix Tactical. It's made in the UK by Brian Reacher. (www.phoenixtactical.co.uk)
    I said once I got it I'd throw up a few pics and a quick review and a plug for the company.

Although the unit looks bulky and my scope literally sits on the rail, the adapter and bipod in no way interfere with scope picture.

E8330F48-9EF2-4326-B731-65FA536F9B18_zpsmffy3rbg.jpg

Looks very modern & sturdy.

Surprised that the scope "picture" doesn't pick up the mount at the bottom of its picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭sharkfox

Can it be mounted under the barrel? Is the mounting bracket reversible?

J.R. wrote: »
    Surprised that the scope "picture" doesn't pick up the mount at the bottom of its picture.

The mount and bipod isn't visible in the scope, same as u don't see the mod

sharkfox wrote: »
    Can it be mounted under the barrel? Is the mounting bracket reversible?

The adapter can be mounted under the stock if you have a section of picatinny rail. Alternatively the bipod fits a versa pod adapter or any Parker hale type spigot.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

Lovely lovely rifle lad.
    Just out of curiosity have you tried it with a scope mounted lamp yet. If you how did it fair out.

• Advertisement

Lovely lovely rifle lad.
    Just out of curiosity have you tried it with a scope mounted lamp yet. If you how did it fair out.

I have a Nightmaster Xsearcher and 800 that I mount on the front ring rail. I was shooting rabbits off the corn last spring and got on great with it. The mount between rail and torch is fully adjustable too which is very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Nice job lad.

Still using the 223.

:)

Advertisement