Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 4S screen gone milky white around the edges...?

• 24-12-2015 6:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭

I the last day or so, a milky-white vignette has appeared around the edges of my iPhone 4S.

I have done a Reset to October 18th (the last save to iTunes)) when I know it was working perfectly, but that made no difference - except lose me some new contacts. :rolleyes:

A quick Google found this link which illustrates exactly what happened.

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-4-screen-fading-out-white-ring-around-edges.1209823/

A few weeks ago, I made some changes to the phone's settings to pro-long battery life. I cannot remember what they were (the Reset to October should have reset them anyway). But, I'm wondering if they caused it to fail?

Any ideas?

Thanks.

D.

Ps. I always thought there was an option to have a solid black background on the Home screen in Wallpaper settings, but there doesn't seem to be. ?

Advertisement