Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking a phone that record's

Options
  • 24-12-2015 7:30pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Was going to buy an iphone5c or s for all what they can do but sort of changing my mind for cost reasons. Another thing I'd like on the phone for work reasons is an app where I can record all sound without anything showing on the phone so if anyone lifts my phone, they can't see what's going on. Can this be done with all smart phones or just iPhones or is this even possible on an iPhone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

There's an app for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Asmooh

shugy wrote: »
    Was going to buy an iphone5c or s for all what they can do but sort of changing my mind for cost reasons. Another thing I'd like on the phone for work reasons is an app where I can record all sound without anything showing on the phone so if anyone lifts my phone, they can't see what's going on. Can this be done with all smart phones or just iPhones or is this even possible on an iPhone.
    You can do that with any android phone + random app

I as example have auto call recording without showing anything on the screen. Both incoming and outgoing calls

But iphone isnt made for that, you cant do anything useful on iphones

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭shugy

Asmooh wrote: »

I as example have auto call recording without showing anything on the screen. Both incoming and outgoing calls

Would there be no icons thou that's highlighted above or something that's visable. Will it show on my screen after I've put in my scroll password.

Another question, can it record continuously until the battery drains.

stevek93 wrote: »
    There's an app for that

Any links to the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

Link to the app please?

• Advertisement

Would there be no icons thou that's highlighted above or something that's visable. Will it show on my screen after I've put in my scroll password.

Another question, can it record continuously until the battery drains.
    I think it depends on the app. Android always has icons on top, but if it's an icon that could be anything it should not matter.

I think there are enough forever record apps. Maybe even apps that start recording when there is sound and stop if there is not

OU812 wrote: »
    Link to the app please?
    which one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

If you're recording calls, are you aware of the legal issues?

testicle wrote: »
    I can record everything I want specially when someone is calling me. It is my phone and I decide if I record or not

Debatable but its not only for calls. Its for my surrounding.

Example-taxi men need recording device's for all these drunken idiots in and out of taxis. That's just one example.

• Advertisement

Is it illegal to leave my phone unattended recording sound in my private room where no one is to go into without my permission?

I think it depends on the app. Android always has icons on top, but if it's an icon that could be anything it should not matter.

I think there are enough forever record apps. Maybe even apps that start recording when there is sound and stop if there is not

I'm not clued up on these phones and what apps to get. Do you know of any that you can record without any icons on phone so anyone looking at my phone can't see it. If there is an icon, what does it look like and would it change when recording.

I'm not clued up on these phones and what apps to get. Do you know of any that you can record without any icons on phone so anyone looking at my phone can't see it. If there is an icon, what does it look like and would it change when recording.
    Maybe this? There are many more apps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭OU812

which one?

The one that records incoming & outgoing

Maybe this? There are many more apps

How much is it and where do I buy it.

How much is it and where do I buy it.
    Free

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrwq.recorder

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

it's fine to record sounds etc on your own property etc, but it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the person on the other end of the call.

You can also use it as a permanent mic for things like voice control, i find it handy for using cortana on windows etc

Dies this record my surroundings as well as calls?

• Advertisement

Skatedude wrote: »
    it's fine to record sounds etc on your own property etc, but it is illegal to record a phone call without informing the person on the other end of the call.

You can also use it as a permanent mic for things like voice control, i find it handy for using cortana on windows etc

Don't really want it for recording calls, more for recording my surroundings.

Why'd you choose the paid version?

If I like an app I buy it to support the developer, tried the free version first

Dies this record my surroundings as well as calls?

Only surrounding

Only surrounding

Its saying automatic call recorder though

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭The_Pretender

Skatedude wrote: »

Under Irish law, it is not illegal for a person to record a phone call if they are a party to that call, but it is an offence if a third party records a call without authorisation under the Interception of Postal Packets and Telecommunications Messages (Regulation) Act 1993.

It's just unlikely it would be admissible in a court of law without the other person consenting to the recording.

Its saying automatic call recorder though

Oops wrong one I guess, no the other link is the voice recorder

Check my quote for you

Oops wrong one I guess, no the other link is the voice recorder

Check my quote for you

Link not working

Link not working

Works fine for me

Works fine for me

Works in my reply to you but not in your post, strange that.

Its saying it needs internet access to work or am I picking that up wrong. And what does 2gb per file mean?

• Advertisement

Works fine for me

Works in my reply to you but not in your post, strange that.

Its saying it needs internet access to work or am I picking that up wrong. And what does 2gb per file mean?

Advertisement