Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day - where's open?

Options
  • 24-12-2015 8:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Anywhere at all open Christmas Day? Shops, supermarkets, takeaways, restaurants, etc? Ideally around Blanch/Clonsilla.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Maybe try a hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 24,076 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I think the Mace in Blanch village does a few hours, also Spar at Molloys on Clonsilla Road. Try the garages too.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭R1_Pete

For some reason Dominos pizza in Roselawn is open Christmas Day this year

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

The church is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

The church is open.

Mmmms delicious communion wafers. Do you think if I queued up twice, they'd give me two? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Four Star Pizza Roselawn is open from 6pm until 11:30pm.

And another question - I seem to have a chest/throat/ear/eye infection, all have been coming on for a few days, but got much worse overnight and I'm feeling horrendous at the moment. I'm considering DDoc, but is there any point - I'll almost certainly need an antibiotic, but there are hardly any chemists open, are there?

If I thought I could actually get a prescription, I'd go today ..... if not, I'll just wallow until tomorrow and go to DDoc then, and Boots etc are bound to be open.

As if my Christmas all alone wasn't depressing enough already ... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

A lot of the time Ddoc have antibiotics in the clinic so they will just give you soon to keep you going. Hope you feel better diamond, it's just a **** day overall for people including myself xx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Diamond I'm in Dublin 15. Are you okay for food etc? I can drop stuff over, I've way too much here. Anything you need just let me know, it's no bother.

eviltwin wrote: »
    Diamond I'm in Dublin 15. Are you okay for food etc? I can drop stuff over, I've way too much here. Anything you need just let me know, it's no bother.

That is SO kind of you to offer and I really appreciate it. :o Thank you!

I've actually been lucky enough to have a few offers from friends (even friends I don't know very well) to call over, to join them for Christmas dinner, to give me a lift to the doctor, etc. People are very kind! I thought today would be very depressing, but so many people are aware it's a tough time for me and I'm amazed at how many friends and family and even strangers have gotten in touch with me to see how I am and if I need anything. I've enough food in, thanks, well I haven't eaten but my throat is too swollen to anyways! I'm actually fine, I'm snuggled up on the couch and watching TV and chatting with friends on Facebook and on my phone, today isn't half as lonely as I expected it to be!

You're so lovely to suggest that, I know you've a family yourself and it's a big thing to think of leaving them on Christmas Day to help someone you don't even know ... thank you! xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

It's no problem Diamond, boards has been very good to me in the past so it's nice to be able to pay it forward. Please do feel free if you are stuck over the next few days to get in touch. I'm glad you're doing okay, I know it's a tough day x

Advertisement