Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debits from Non-Irish Accounts

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭jeffk

I had a quick search and in this thread about Panda, having issues with N26

It keeps refusing my credit card, unless i manually pay it myself

They wont accept my DE Iban, even said they wont accept a credit union IBAN, I.T working on it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭user1842

jeffk wrote: »
    I had a quick search and in this thread about Panda, having issues with N26

It keeps refusing my credit card, unless i manually pay it myself

They wont accept my DE Iban, even said they wont accept a credit union IBAN, I.T working on it

Sounds like time to make a complaint to:

https://www.ccpc.ie/

user1842 wrote: »
    Sounds like time to make a complaint to:

https://www.ccpc.ie/

I did send in one on the euro link earlier in this thread

Must send one into then as well, few big names places don't want non irish IBAN

I did send in one on the euro link earlier in this thread

Must send one into then as well, few big names places don't want non irish IBAN

Please do as the only way to get all this sorted is to keep complaining :)

Please do as the only way to get all this sorted is to keep complaining :)

Is there a link or just fire off a complaint to cover the issue in general?

• Advertisement

Is there a link or just fire off a complaint to cover the issue in general?

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/contact/contact-directory/contact-us-form/

And if they don't respond then the next step is the below :)

https://ec.europa.eu/assets/sg/report-a-breach/complaints_en/

Thank you for your email to the Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) in relation to your issue with Sky and Panda.

As you may be aware, the aim of the Single European Payments Area (SEPA) is to standardise the transfer of electronic payments, for example direct debits and standing orders, across Europe. This means that the cost and process for making payments to any SEPA country is the same as making a payment in Ireland.

More information regarding SEPA can be found on the following link:

https://www.ccpc.ie/consumers/money/banking/transferring-money/ ;

The CCPC is the competent authority for the purposes of enforcing Article 9(1) and 9(2) of the SEPA Regulations. Article 9(2) provides that a trader accepting a credit transfer or using a direct debit to collect funds from a consumer holding a payment account located within the Union shall not specify the Member State in which that payment account is to be located, provided that the payment account is in another Member State.

In the first instance, we would suggest submitting a formal written complaint to both Sky and Panda outlining the above information to them and asking on what legal basis they are not accepting your account details.

If you issue is not resolved following engagement with the companies, please revert to us providing all relevant information and correspondence. At that point we will provide the information to our Consumer Protection Division (CPD) for information.

Our CPD examine consumer issues in the context of overall consumer detriment, or loss and carry out whatever action (if any) is deemed necessary and appropriate. The CCPC is grateful to consumers who take the time to make complaints and highlight areas where there might be consumer loss however we are not in a position to investigate all complaints.

You should be aware that due to the volume of complaints we receive, it is not possible for us to respond to individual complainants regarding the outcome of analysis of their complaint.  We may however need to contact consumers to progress our analysis should further information or clarifications be required to determine the appropriate course of action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

I saw this site recently, sends the complaints to the fintechs. https://www.acceptmyiban.org/

I don't know if they contact Panda or whoever, but maybe they can put pressure on the CCPC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,227 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

That side is run by Wise (previously Transferwise) on behalf some of the FinTechs and not for individual intervention but more to get figures of how widespread it is:
    All cases submitted through this form will have personal identifiable information removed before they are shared with relevant authorities, the European Commission and the companies in this coalition.

You can see the companies here: https://www.acceptmyiban.org/who_we_are

But if you want to apply pressure, if you signed up online with a company (crucial) than you can use the EU's Online Dispute Resolution Process to make same waves:

https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/?event=main.complaints.screeningphase

The benefit is also as Panda is not complying with their obligations to provide your right to ADR on their website and they start ignoring that request the CCPC can hit them with a fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭fael

Yggr can you remove Vodafone from the list? They don't accept a non-Irish IBAN.
    I've been trying since July last year. Lodged a complaint with CCPC but they won't answer anymore, except that is has been referred to their Consumer Protection Division. But they won't inform you of any updates.

I've spent more than 10 phone calls, a few letters and a few shop visits on Vodafone, but they won't accept it.
    I'm with Bunq bank, which has a Dutch IBAN.
    The irony here is that when I previously used my PTSB direct debit with them, the direct debit had references in the Dutch language (account number / klantnummer). Bizarre.

Is it any use to complain to ComReg?

I can assure you Vodafone is taking SEPA direct debits from a non-Irish account for their mobile and home broadband.

When I was with Vodafone a few years ago I took me to make a formal complaint with Vodafone and it was possible. I paid my bill from a German Bank account until I moved away from them.

Shops can't help you here, but their customer service can arrange it without a problem. They used to require a form, but my understanding is that it's no longer needed.

Log a formal complaint with Vodafone (important to get a reference number) and if they come back with their definitive negative answer, then go to ComReg.

https://n.vodafone.ie/forms/consumer/customer-complaints.html

Or if you ordered the service online, hit them with an EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform request in which they are going to have to explain it to the mediator on which legal grounds they refuse to take a lawful instruction from you.

You can read more about their policy for complaints here
    https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/pdfs/refreshed-complaints-cop-june-2020-final.pdf

I can assure you Vodafone is taking SEPA direct debits from a non-Irish account for their mobile and home broadband.

When I was with Vodafone a few years ago I took me to make a formal complaint with Vodafone and it was possible. I paid my bill from a German Bank account until I moved away from them.

Shops can't help you here, but their customer service can arrange it without a problem. They used to require a form, but my understanding is that it's no longer needed.

Log a formal complaint with Vodafone (important to get a reference number) and if they come back with their definitive negative answer, then go to ComReg.

https://n.vodafone.ie/forms/consumer/customer-complaints.html

Or if you ordered the service online, hit them with an EU Online Dispute Resolution Platform request in which they are going to have to explain it to the mediator on which legal grounds they refuse to take a lawful instruction from you.

You can read more about their policy for complaints here
    https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/pdfs/refreshed-complaints-cop-june-2020-final.pdf

Maybe a few years ago, but I haven't gotten anywhere in the last year. I've sent in multiple complaints but they don't respond, so I wont get any complaint reference numbers. On the phone they refuse to put a manager or supervisor on the line, who is necessary to issue a reference number. That is despite being friendly and calm on the phone. The 10+ phone calls is not a exaggeration.

I think Eir might actually have a better customer service than Vodafone.

Still waiting on my CCPC complaint to go anywhere.
    I'm going the send a complaint in to Comreg as well.

Good news is though, my 12-month contract is almost up, I just signed up to Pure Telecom. You can add Pure Telecom to the list that is accepting Foreign SEPA IBANs.

fael wrote: »
    Maybe a few years ago, but I haven't gotten anywhere in the last year. I've sent in multiple complaints but they don't respond, so I wont get any complaint reference numbers. On the phone they refuse to put a manager or supervisor on the line, who is necessary to issue a reference number. That is despite being friendly and calm on the phone. The 10+ phone calls is not a exaggeration.

I think Eir might actually have a better customer service than Vodafone.

Still waiting on my CCPC complaint to go anywhere.
    I'm going the send a complaint in to Comreg as well.

Good news is though, my 12-month contract is almost up, I just signed up to Pure Telecom. You can add Pure Telecom to the list that is accepting Foreign SEPA IBANs.

As Yggr of Asgard noted make sure you complain to the EU Commission too.

As Yggr of Asgard noted make sure you complain to the EU Commission too.

Has anyone ever heard back from them though?

fael wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard back from them though?

You just need to be persistent.

A few people complained about the NTA when they refused to allow Leap Card Direct Debits and they even opened an official investigation which than lead to the NTA finally getting their stuff sorted.

You just need to be persistent.

A few people complained about the NTA when they refused to allow Leap Card Direct Debits and they even opened an official investigation which than lead to the NTA finally getting their stuff sorted.

I won't be persistent though, I'll stick in 1 complaint. I'll have ditched Vodafone come next month thus I won't know if they change their policy afterwards.
    Up to someone else then.

What a shambles of a system, where we have to do the work of the CCPC. But I'm sure everyone in this thread agrees with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭icylava

Could anyone share how to get Three to provide the DDM paper form?

I rang them earlier and was told they only accept Irish IBANs.

Advertisement