Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 Help please!

• 24-12-2015 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hey guys hope we're all doing well!

So basically Installed a pre-activated version of windows on my PC last night. The only problem is that I can't get or find any of the network controller drivers so I can't use the internet. I'm crap with stuff like this so would appreciate any help.

Motherboard is a GA-H97N Micro ITX. Please help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Maybe you need the web installer - try this :

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Try entering the make and model in to google. Usually sites like HP, Dell, etc will let you download drivers for your device.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bob44

@Allthedoyles So just download that on laptop and put it on PC?

@Me irl I've been spending hours googling and downloading all these different drivers and pregames and none are working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Yeah, I've actually installed the two Lan ones for my motherboard and installed them. Still didn't work though

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Bob44 wrote: »
    @Allthedoyles So just download that on laptop and put it on PC?

@Me irl I've been spending hours googling and downloading all these different drivers and pregames and none are working.

http://www.gigabyte.ie/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4992#dl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,023 ✭✭✭Satriale

Yeah, I've actually installed the two Lan ones for my motherboard and installed them. Still didn't work though

Try going to Device manager, right click the controller, then update device driver from specified location, and direct it to wherever you stored the driver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Stupid one but have got checked to make sure the network card isn't disabled in the settings?

Also, have you tried running some diagnostics on the board to make sure it's not defective?

Are both wired and wireless networks not working?

waraf wrote: »
    Stupid one but have got checked to make sure the network card isn't disabled in the settings?

Also, have you tried running some diagnostics on the board to make sure it's not defective?

Are both wired and wireless networks not working?

Okay so I just hooked it up with an Ethernet cable and it worked. I think it's because I didn't install the Wireless lan but just the wired one. I will install that now and see what happens

Advertisement