Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What time will you start your Christmas dinner?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Was supposed to be 4 but running a bit behind, I'd say 4:30/45 not a problem though

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

Still cooking and so still waiting for my dinner!! Having a glass of wine and enjoying films on, on the internet and WhatsApp and with my lovely guy. I kind of cancelled Christmas this year but day going ok so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

About 7 or 8pm. I can't think of any other family that has the dinner so late. Means I'll have to catch Doctor Who tomorrow....

At least the appetite will be up!

Dr who is on at 5. The Christmas version is always earlier and light.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭afatbollix

afatbollix wrote: »
    I'm working till 7 so hopefully they will have it ready just when I get home.

Well I got home for 6pm and as my GF was ill all day I took over and got it ready for 7pm.

Now off to Skype family.

Happy Christmas to ye all.

About 7 or 8pm.....

Just before 7pm we sat down to it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

It was around 4pm. I should be able to move again in a few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Ended up starting @4 ....but it was brilliant, so good that after my 2nd helping I just stalled, and had to refuse the 3rd batch of sprouts & roasties :)

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Rocket19

About 7 or 8pm. I can't think of any other family that has the dinner so late. Means I'll have to catch Doctor Who tomorrow....

At least the appetite will be up!

We're the same.
    Starter was 7pm, and main was served up at 8.10.
    I always thought people having the dinner earlier was weird, but seems we're in the minority!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Rocket19 wrote: »
    We're the same.
    Starter was 7pm, and main was served up at 8.10.
    I always thought people having the dinner earlier was weird, but seems we're in the minority!

We're all having Christmas Lunch. You're doing it right.

I prefer late meals myself. Drinking midday it early afternoon never appeals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Started at 5. Dont think we finished until around 7. Lots of chat and courses. Bliss.

Advertisement