Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newstalk Player

• 24-12-2015 10:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Anyone else find this a bit of a pain to use. You have Listen Back and Podcasts.

With listen back I find only the whole show will play and not individual parts, like ,2,3 or 4.

There is no Fast Forward:eek:

Couldn't get Podcasts to play tonight:mad:

Is it just me:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

The only problem I have with the player is that the audio is very low.

When you are playing a podcast, there is a progress bar to show how far through the podcast you are. You can click ahead or back.

tbh, I was gonna start a thread about how frustrating the RTE Player is compared to the Newstalk player, which I find works pretty seamlessly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭jimmyw

I agree with the podcasts been a bit of a pain.Look at their sister station, Todayfm.You can download a segment and listen to it offline if you wish.But with NT, you have to listen to it online.You might be able to do so offline for a while but it could cut off midway through.

Also,you don't know how long the podcasts are.Another thing, if you have "adblock" installed, you have to turn it off,reload the page, then you can do so.Today Fm and even RTE are not like that at least, so there is room for improvements with their podcasts ok.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Anyone else find this a bit of a pain to use. You have Listen Back and Podcasts.

With listen back I find only the whole show will play and not individual parts, like ,2,3 or 4.

There is no Fast Forward:eek:

Couldn't get Podcasts to play tonight:mad:

Is it just me:D

Well actually no, you can skip along after you listen to it for a few minutes(move the cursor up to the part where the red strip ends and move along by clicking the left key on the grey bit if using a computer)and you can just listen to either the 2, 3, or whatever parts of it, so you are mistaken on that one.But I dont like it personally.

If you can follow that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

jimmyw wrote: »
    Well actually no, you can skip along after you listen to it for a few minutes(move the cursor up to the part where the red strip ends and move along by clicking the left key on the grey bit if using a computer)and you can just listen to either the 2, 3, or whatever parts of it, so you are mistaken on that one.But I dont like it personally.

If you can follow that.

Finally got a bit of a handle on it, they don't make it easy for ya, Found the red progress bar but clicking the end of the red and trying to pull it along it refused to move. After reading your post above I discovered you have to actually in the grey just after the red and then drag it.

With the podcasts discovered you have to add to queue first and then play from there. That the way it works for me.

It's very mickey mouse really compared to youtube etc.

thanks lads.

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Finally got a bit of a handle on it, they don't make it easy for ya, Found the red progress bar but clicking the end of the red and trying to pull it along it refused to move. After reading your post above I discovered you have to actually in the grey just after the red and then drag it.

With the podcasts discovered you have to add to queue first and then play from there. That the way it works for me.

It's very mickey mouse really compared to youtube etc.

thanks lads.

Queue? I dont do that,it just plays.

• Advertisement
Advertisement