Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temp Control question

Options
  • 24-12-2015 11:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I just got an Evic vt and have been using it with Kanthal coils and it's been working perfectly.
    I wanted to give the temp control a try so I got a 0.15ohm ni 200 coil and gave it a bash this evening.
    The problem I'm having is it keeps coming up "Temp ni protection" and sweet fcuk all happens. It basically becomes impossible to vape.
    The only way I can get it to work is by having it at 560 degrees Fahrenheit and at 35W.

But I'm just wondering is this too hot to be running the coil? Is there a maximum temp I can run the coil at before it burns the cotton?

I'm using a Kanger subtank mini and the juice is Aspire by The Cloud Company if that makes a difference.

Thanks.
    Oh and Happy Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

They have released a few Firmware upgrades since it was launched including one a couple of days back, have you upgraded it? That's where I would start in the troubleshooting.

http://www.joyetech.com/mvr-software/?sid=155

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

There should be a leaflet in the box that tells you what temp they recommend , mine says 500F to 550F for the Ni 200 .2 coil , make sure you leave the coil come up to room temp before locking in the resistance . The Mini is a little underpowered so it could well need the 560 .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

The original VT was underpowered as well. No firmware updates for that though. I always ran both Ti and Ni coils around the 580-600F mark quite happily. From trying with a different mod, I think this equated to about 500-520F.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

Youdipstick posted this in another thread

Its about the latest firmware update from a couple of days ago which seems to have corrected the temp accuracy although when I used the stock coils I had to run it between 550 - 600. I'd recommend the CLR rebuildable head as it wicks much better than the stock coils.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Cheers for the replies guys. I'll have a good look at it tomorrow and try the update. I really wanna try get the best out of the mod but I'm not at the building my own coils stage yet. I'll stick with the premade ones for the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Cheers for the replies guys. I'll have a good look at it tomorrow and try the update. I really wanna try get the best out of the mod but I'm not at the building my own coils stage yet. I'll stick with the premade ones for the moment.

Hey EL Guapo, I was just wondering how your getting on with the Evic?
    I just ordered mine from Gearbest and I'm wondering what people think after using for a week or two.
    What mod(s) and tank(s) were you using before.
    I have the original Evic and loved it until I needed more power. I'm currently on a Kbox mini and a subtank mini but could do with a new mod as I have 2 subtanks and I hate swapping tanks.

Also the subtank rba is an easy build so if you get a chance you should try wrap a coil or two, its surprisingly easy and extremely satisfying when you vape from your own build.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Hey EL Guapo, I was just wondering how your getting on with the Evic?
    I just ordered mine from Gearbest and I'm wondering what people think after using for a week or two.
    What mod(s) and tank(s) were you using before.
    I have the original Evic and loved it until I needed more power. I'm currently on a Kbox mini and a subtank mini but could do with a new mod as I have 2 subtanks and I hate swapping tanks.

Also the subtank rba is an easy build so if you get a chance you should try wrap a coil or two, its surprisingly easy and extremely satisfying when you vape from your own build.

I haven't had any trouble with the Evic since I posted here. It just kind of started working fine on its own and since then it's been great tbh.

I was previously using a Cool Fire 4 which in itself is a great mod. I was in the same situation as yourself; I had one mod and two tanks. I have a subtank mini and an isub apex.

The battery life is noticeably better on the Evic compared to the Cool Fire. I'd definitely recommend it.
    One thing I also noticed, which I may be just imagining but, if I'm using the subtank on the Cool Fire at 30w and then switch the subtank onto the Evic at 30w, the flavour and vapour production seem to be slightly better on the Evic.

I will eventually get around to building my own coils but not just yet. I'll be in here asking plenty of questions when I do anyway!

I haven't had any trouble with the Evic since I posted here. It just kind of started working fine on its own and since then it's been great tbh.

I was previously using a Cool Fire 4 which in itself is a great mod. I was in the same situation as yourself; I had one mod and two tanks. I have a subtank mini and an isub apex.

The battery life is noticeably better on the Evic compared to the Cool Fire. I'd definitely recommend it.
    One thing I also noticed, which I may be just imagining but, if I'm using the subtank on the Cool Fire at 30w and then switch the subtank onto the Evic at 30w, the flavour and vapour production seem to be slightly better on the Evic.

I will eventually get around to building my own coils but not just yet. I'll be in here asking plenty of questions when I do anyway!

Thanks for your reply El Guapo.
    I'm no expert when it comes to building coils, I'm still in the experimental stage but I have hit a consistent 1ohm with 26g kanthal on the subs rba so that's my daily while I play with coils on the other subtank.
    I started by building aerotank/evod coils with 28g kanthal and tbh after them everything is easier.
    I have 28g, 26g and Clapton so if you want I can wrap a few coils of different resistance and post them on to you so you can try the rba.

corsav6 wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply El Guapo.
    I'm no expert when it comes to building coils, I'm still in the experimental stage but I have hit a consistent 1ohm with 26g kanthal on the subs rba so that's my daily while I play with coils on the other subtank.
    I started by building aerotank/evod coils with 28g kanthal and tbh after them everything is easier.
    I have 28g, 26g and Clapton so if you want I can wrap a few coils of different resistance and post them on to you so you can try the rba.

Cheers for the offer. Very kind of you but I wouldn't put you through the trouble. I'll give it go myself in a few weeks time. Thanks mate.

Cheers for the offer. Very kind of you but I wouldn't put you through the trouble. I'll give it go myself in a few weeks time. Thanks mate.

No bother at all. Keep us updated when you start if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Dr Bill

El Guapo! wrote:
    I just got an Evic vt and have been using it with Kanthal coils and it's been working perfectly. I wanted to give the temp control a try so I got a 0.15ohm ni 200 coil and gave it a bash this evening. The problem I'm having is it keeps coming up "Temp ni protection" and sweet fcuk all happens. It basically becomes impossible to vape. The only way I can get it to work is by having it at 560 degrees Fahrenheit and at 35W.

You should up your watts to about 50, that coil will perform much better at high watts and lower your tc to about 500, adjust both from there till you hit that sweet spot.

Advertisement