Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed please

Options
  • 25-12-2015 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

Marry xmas to all!!!

I have started a small busimess of boxing and MMA and now I would like to have my own brand to market and sale in-line. I have a FB page https://www.facebook.com/tornadosportsireland/ as well.

I would like help with finding a good brand, design to take it to the next kevel.

Can anyone suggest a good name please, I am thinking to go with Prostrength sport, yete sport or gladiator. Any other name someone can suggest?

thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

What makes your business unique?

Why should I shop with you?

Is your own name well known within the sector?

How are the other successful businesses branded (just to get ideas)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,710 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

You also probably need to say the equipment particularly the head gear meets whatever EU standard is required, clubs will need this in order to allow their use on their premises.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Gladiator sounds the best out of those imo then you could use a cool Gladiator helmet as the logo which would look pretty nice on gloves. I think there might be Gladiator gloves already it rings a bell not sure if its a range or a brand could just be a range. When I am looking for gloves design is the last thing I am looking at and makes little difference in which glove I decide to go for.

Its a good name for marketing purposes for obvious reasons and you could come up with some nice promotional graphics for it although it depends on what market you are aiming for too. Are these going to be leatherette type ones or proper leather gloves? If you are going higher end then word of mouth is really the only way. Try get involved with a few shows often the shows supply gloves so maybe try get it on that supply that way if a few decent fighters are using them and recommend them then you're on your way. There's a ton of shows lined up for next year good time to be getting in touch to see if there is any space for you and your products to be involved. I think I suggested it before too but send some to head coaches first person I went to for glove suggestions was my coach if they are good then it gives them something different to say other than just get Top King!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I think MMA is a fad personally, at least at a 'general public' level. I know there is a core following but the recent high profile fights have attracted a new wave which I don't see staying. Summer every year we see an increase in tennis racket sales whilst in January an influx of gym gear, then lulls. With that in mind, you'd need to generate leads beyond people just taking a passing interest e.g. Club contracts, training packages, personal trainers & referrals with some gear up-selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Fukuyama

Would have to agree with IronClaw - there definitely is a boost in MMA/UFC style sports in Ireland since McGregor started doing well. However, they're still great sports and will always retain a dedicated core fan-base.

It's also a good spectator sport (I'd even say better than boxing as far as entertainment value goes).

Do you have a website yet?

• Advertisement
Advertisement