Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

LOL at the socks - cat :pac:

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Teaser for home jersey launch tomorrow. Inspiration drawn from FAI Cup win. 25th years ago this year.

lMAkWHr.png

Eric Foley and Connor Gleeson signed today also.

Away friendly against Longford Town tomorrow night (Tuesday) as well.

Dunne has put together a 25 man squad (so far). Considerably stronger overall than last season. There was a lack of depth all over the pitch, but not this year.

The 2016 home kit was launched earlier today.

Available to buy this week sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭_Puma_

That's a nice top.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

2-0 up at Half time at City Calling Stadium in tonights friendly.
    Vinny Faherty and Ryan Connolly the scorers.

United ran out 4-0 winners in the end against Longford Town tonight. Two each for Vinny and Ryan Connolly.

Wouldn't get too excited, but they kept a clean sheet and evidently clicked up front against a fellow Premier Division side.

One last friendly to go on Saturday in Limerick and then it's the opener v St Pat's in Richmond Park on Friday week.

Goals from the Longford game during the week.

Last friendly tomorrow (Sat) away at Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

New jersey goes on sale from Eamonn Deacy Park on Wednesday on Thursday, from 4pm-8pm.

It's a corker... away jersey is being revealed tomorrow.

12804739_10153239587577470_6068045802368763388_n.png?oh=7acca16452db2452fde80b3bd7ee14e3&oe=575674C0&__gda__=1466223881_6f853d8ad5aebdf591f86d78c8a2efd9

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Wish it didn't have a collar though and just a plain v neck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Is it not going to be on sale anywhere else or than EDP?

Trying to get a jersey or indeed any of the clubs merchandise last season in certain sizes was like trying to find hens teeth. Both EDP and Elverys were terrible when it came to stock.

Is it not going to be on sale anywhere else or than EDP?

Trying to get a jersey or indeed any of the clubs merchandise last season in certain sizes was like trying to find hens teeth. Both EDP and Elverys were terrible when it came to stock.

It will be the complete opposite this year Tommy. I guarantee you that.

The gear only just arrived. Retail outlets will be announced, but the details of that haven't been agreed with them yet as far as I know.

The deal for Uhlsport was only made just before Xmas and these things have a long lead time. Everything pretty much will be on sale from Terryland on Weds and Thurs.

I'd guess myself that whatever stores a deal is done with will have them in a matter of days.

united.jpg

New away shirt.

2hgbhc8.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm all over that away shirt! It would be unreal if they made a woman's version of it. I'll have to try the kids size first before purchasing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Fantastic result tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Arghus wrote: »
    Fantastic result tonight!

Absolutely cracking win, and Vinny made it a profitable night for me ;).

Some excellent performances and heartening that we can bring in the likes of Curran, Cantwell and Melody as subs and then have Raftery, Cunningham, Foley, Aganovic, Byrne, Devers, Ludden and a few young lads that can come in on top of those.

Every reason to look forward to a good season.

Bray will be tough. They have strengthened significantly. As someone said before the game last night, it would be like something that would happen, to go and beat Pats convincingly and then roll over against Bray.

I'm really looking forward to Friday.

There's a volunteer night up in Eamonn Deacy Park tonight at 6.30 if anyone is interested in getting involved in some way. Matchday stewards, marketing, promoting matches, selling lotto, developing a Junior supporters club / family section, organizing trips to local schools, selling programmes, contributing to programmes, assisting with matchday entertainment, fundraising.

Interview with Stephen Folan after the opening night win away at Pats.

The highlights are on Soccer Republic tonight and when that is finished the extended GUFC TV highlights will be uploaded on YouTube.

Absolutely ridiculous that there is an embargo on highlights until 75 HOURS after the match is over. Where else would you get it? Someone could score an absolute cracker that would go viral, but clubs face sanction if they post them after the match. By then the momentum of it is lost. The FAI are great at tying both hands of LOI clubs behind their backs.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭deisedude

One quite vocal Pats fan in the background of that video! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

deisedude wrote: »
    One quite vocal Pats fan in the background of that video! :pac:

Reminded me of this:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I really, really, really hope we can follow up on that great start with a win on Friday night!! It'd be great to have a big crowd at the game too!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Planning on going along with a few lads for the look

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Disappointed that I'll be away and therefore unable to attend the match tomorrow night. Hope it's a good crowd and another three points to keep United up at the top of the table! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

ratracer wrote: »
    I really, really, really hope we can follow up on that great start with a win on Friday night!! It'd be great to have a big crowd at the game too!
    I really hope you're right.

It was a fantastic start to the season, I just hope we don't rest on our laurels, which we've tended to do a bit in recent years. If we can put a few wins together, we could push the club on to the next level.

I really hope you're right.

It was a fantastic start to the season, I just hope we don't rest on our laurels, which we've tended to do a bit in recent years. If we can put a few wins together, we could push the club on to the next level.

I think the squad is definitely improved on last season, if they gel together reasonably quickly it could be a good season! It's be great to win some silverware though, so close last year to the league cup!!

Unbelievable Jeff!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

A cracking win, Bray were horrendous but we went about our work well, some lovely play throughout and we took our chances in the end.

Advertisement