Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,143 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The wind ruined it as a spectacle. We were better against the wind than Bohs and thats what won it for us. Vinny or Sullivan were MOTM for me, Sullivan covers everywhere, very tidy on the ball and brings a physical presence that we've missed for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

Scrappy game in the wind, but great result. Nicely worked goal, good finish by Faherty! Tough game against the Rovers next.....

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

The wind did ruin the game as a spectacle, but on a positive note it was good to see Padraig Cunningham back playing a full 90 minutes in the league. His ball in to Faherty for the goal was a cracker.

With the right attitude and approach there's no reason why United can't get something out of the game in Tallaght on Friday. Rovers are no great shakes - as their 0-2 defeat at home to St Pat's proved - but teams often show them way too much respect.

The wind did ruin the game as a spectacle, but on a positive note it was good to see Padraig Cunningham back playing a full 90 minutes in the league. His ball in to Faherty for the goal was a cracker.

With the right attitude and approach there's no reason why United can't get something out of the game in Tallaght on Friday. Rovers are no great shakes - as their 0-2 defeat at home to St Pat's proved - but teams often show them way too much respect.

Ya hopefully the win at Pats and the near miss in Sligo will give them enough confidence to have a go at Rovers, they are fallible but it will be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

So are we all racists now Ted

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Yes. All of ye!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Joe Loughnane walked right into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,510 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Some one please explain?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Arghus wrote: »
    Some one please explain?

Check Liveline on the Radio Player.

I think I'm beginning to piece it together...

• Advertisement

I think I'm beginning to piece it together...

http://galwayunitedfc.net/topic/4093-liveline/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You have to be registered to view that forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When did Mike resign?
    Aaand why is he leaving Galway the country?

You have to be registered to view that forum.

Just for us privileged folk so.

That was unreal stuff.

Don't know how much it had to do with Galway United!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

I'm still none the wiser, anyone care to elaborate??

A guy who was associated with Galway United - I don't know the exact position he held, someone else can clarify - posted something idioticly racist about Muslims. On his own Facebook page. In an entirely personal capacity.

Key sentences - "This has nothing to do with the club". " I know".

Enter Joe Loughnane. Enter Joe Duffy. Cue rampant generlisations and nauesating sanctimoniousness. It's a pretty stupid hour of radio. Galway United gets forgotten about eventually, but there's plenty of talk about 500 pairs of shoes on the way to Greece, Tamil Tigers, "existing power structures" and something called Synophobia - it might be a tremendous fear of stamps.

Joe Duffy is a terrible broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,437 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

A guy who was associated with Galway United - I don't know the exact position he held, someone else can clarify - posted something idioticly racist about Muslims. On his own Facebook page. In an entirely personal capacity.

Key sentences - "This has nothing to do with the club". " I know".

Enter Joe Loughnane. Enter Joe Duffy. Cue rampant generlisations and nauesating sanctimoniousness. It's a pretty stupid hour of radio. Galway United gets forgotten about eventually, but there's plenty of talk about 500 pairs of shoes on the way to Greece, Tamil Tigers, "existing power structures" and something called Synophobia - it might be a tremendous fear of stamps.

Joe Duffy is a terrible broadcaster.

Lol. You should join us in the Liveline thread. You will fit right in 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

The attempts to smear faeces on anything it might stick to on both the radio and in print media is nearly as bad as what was implied in the comments that sparked the whole thing. Awful slow news day it looks.

Rovers on Friday is a huge game in my opinion. It's not a fixture that United teams would have been expected get much if anything out of for many years. Many supporters weren't even born the last time United beat Rovers away in the Premier Division.

That said, there were some interesting comments from Vinny Faherty in The Sun about the team being more ruthless this year.

If they let Sligo away with absolute robbery and gave the game back to Derry, when are they going to show that ruthlessness?

It's good to hear fighting talk like that, rather than the usual managing expectations bs that everyone does, but Rovers away is the time and place to put up or shut up.

• Advertisement

Lol. You should join us in the Liveline thread. You will fit right in 😂

I think once a year is about the right dose of Joe Duffy.

I still feel grotty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Was at the game last night. Thought they played very well overall. 1st goal was a joke,blatant handball. Took unitrd a while to get going but had plenty of chances. Pretty much bossed the second half. Rover's are no great shakes and we should have a least got a draw. We look a bit nieve or not willing to get stuck in (bar Connelly) , maybe gave them too much respect.

Big game tonight, looking to bounce back from Rovers and trying to make it four wins from four so far this season in Terryland. Possibly overtake Cork or Rovers if they don't do the business themselves tonight.

CfdXSgmWEAELpjo.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Work will be cut out for Utd tonight. I'd be expecting a tough hard, fought game. Wynn back in goals is welcome news. Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit and a good crowd turns up.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Tough game against Harps, they're dogged but I think we'll have a bit too much guile and quality for them on a decent pitch. Playing at their place might be a different story.

They will make it difficult and the conditions may work in their favour.

Going for 2-0 United and a crowd of around 1400-1500.

I'd be hopeful we can win this with the added quality we have but like everyone else I expect Harps to be dogged and Horgan will be doing his mental best to drive them from the bench.

Any match reports lads? Another win but rte sport says it wasn't great...

Any match reports lads? Another win but rte sport says it wasn't great...

Harps were dog rough, lumping it forward, nine players behind the ball, no passing, playing for set pieces. We struggled to break them down but a great move for the goal. Three points is all that matters.

Harps were dog rough, lumping it forward, nine players behind the ball, no passing, playing for set pieces. We struggled to break them down but a great move for the goal. Three points is all that matters.

Like their gaa team so...: )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Every throw in in the GUFC half was a long throw - everyone into the box :rolleyes:

Advertisement