Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway United FC

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Green GUFC gear is going very well apparently.

J64grsc.png

http://galwayunitedfc.ie/product-category/ireland-euro-gear/

Just a couple more days until the off.

Be interesting to see who comes in during the July transfer window. First time in years that the team might actually be improved in July.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

youngrun wrote: »
    975 at the last game , how does the club boost attendances?

not kicking out dedicated fans would help

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

None were so your point is moot. A blow hard newcomer was asked to leave. It's already been discussed to death here so no need for more of the nonsense now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

One person was removed for directly contravening a request! No matter what way you dress it up, he is hardly a dedicated supporter if he went against what the club/team asked him to do!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ratracer wrote: »
    One person was removed for directly contravening a request! No matter what way you dress it up, he is hardly a dedicated supporter if he went against what the club/team asked him to do!!

it's still over the top, no previous warning giving or ever told by an offical from the club that it wasn't allowed. Just a ban without warning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Dedicated fan.

LOL.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭ratracer

it's still over the top, no previous warning giving or ever told by an offical from the club that it wasn't allowed. Just a ban without warning

I don't know the in' s out's, as I've said earlier here, I'm a season ticket holder who brings my 9y.o. to all games. The idea of political bull**** at matches really rankles with me. I am a L.F.C fan and I also think the the JFT96 banner, which appears in the clip earlier has no place anywhere outside Anfield.
    I've seen other clubs bring political bol lox banners to EDP and I hope that now that an example has been made of a 'home'supporter, the same enforcement will carry on for the remainder of the season!

It may be simplistic of me, but sport is sport and politick is politick!!!

From the horse's mouth...

"As a man and a pro-choice activist, I see myself best suited to influence other young men to be pro-choice. Deacy Park is a perfect venue for that."

There is absolutely no debate as to what his motives are. This isn't a dig at the modding, I understand your position, I'm just restating the point that this has absolutely nothing to do with football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

Dedicated to ramming his opinions on non football related matters down the rest of our throats.

We do have enough of that political crap in our daily lives already besides listening to or looking at it again in EDP after a hard weeks work. I go to EDP to support the Galway United lads and get away from what he does be roaring about.

I'm delighted he's banned and I hope he stays banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

975 at the last game , how does the club boost attendances?
    Summer soccer is it working . Or is everyone going away on hols these days and thru Jul/Aug ?+ change in mix in galway students out , tourists in , prob worse for crowds

I fear the season is petering out but I guess mid table is an improvement on last year so not too bad. ]

Is there any stat on attendance for when the students are back?

I went a lot when it was the winter league. Attendance was pretty poor. Most Uni students f*ck off back home Thursday or Friday. So not sure they'd be attending either way.

I'm afraid the only way to increase attendance is quality and success

• Advertisement

Wompa1 wrote: »
    Is there any stat on attendance for when the students are back?

I went a lot when it was the winter league. Attendance was pretty poor. Most Uni students f*ck off back home Thursday or Friday. So not sure they'd be attending either way.

I'm afraid the only way to increase attendance is quality and success

Students not from Galway make up a miniscule/if any amount of the crowd. Success breeds bandwagoners, so your point is valid. The quality has been there for the most part this season, some great games have been played.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

What's with the GUFC fleg at IcelandvPortugal in France?
    0:22

snubbleste wrote: »
    What's with the GUFC fleg at IcelandvPortugal in France?
    0:22

You don't follow football really do you?

You don't follow football really do you?
    Negative.
    Did some Galwegian not know there is no 'c' in Ireland?

Negative.
    Did some Galwegian not know there is no 'c' in Ireland?

Supporters of the round ball game will often go to games while in another venue apart from the one where their own team is playing, they will demonstrate where their allegiance lies by unfurling a banner or flag of their respective nation.

Is that like when fans go to Federer v Djokovic match but roll out a Murray banner?

Is that like when fans go to Federer v Djokovic match but roll out a Murray banner?

Not into upper class sports so I'd rather not comment on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 416 ✭✭Tommy Kelly

No it's like fans from a particular nation and in this case Ireland getting their hands on some tickets (probably as a result of the uefa ticket ballot system) for a match between two other countries and firing out their flag and shure why not. If you follow football in anyway at all you'll see that it's extremely common almost tradition like. Keep a close eye from now on and you'll see flags/banners from several different countries drooped around the stadiums that's hosting the matches.

So...

There's a round ball game in Dublin tomorrow afternoon involving Shelbourne and Galway United... 2pm.

Get the bodies moving again before the league restarts against Bohs in Dalymount on Friday.

Be interesting to see who comes and goes once the window opens. Foley already out and Jose Garcia in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭UnleashTheBeast

Had to go back four pages to find this thread!

I guess that's symptomatic of how long it's been since we've last played at home. We've got our first home game in seven weeks tonight against Wexford Youths (7.45pm kick off).

Our next two games are against Wexford Youths and Longford Town, if we don't win both of those, we might as well forget about it.

More terrible planning by the league/FAI leaving us that long without games. Potential for it to happen again with Cork and Dundalk progressing too. Anyway, we should be winning tonight, cupla weeks of hard training put in, the lads should be up for this.

Cn_xr53W8AQ5zqN.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭youngrun

Good win well done to them
    Was there many there away working so missed it

Good win well done to them
    Was there many there away working so missed it

1,006 official

Definitely tune into Soccer Republic (which is in 3 nights time unfortunately).

A very entertaining game, couple of cracking goals from us too.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Ruben Remus

Yep, a very enjoyable night's entertainment and a well-deserved win. Will be interested to see what the new goalkeeper, Sam Ramsbottom, is like. Conor Winn hasn't had a good season so far and was at fault again for the second Wexford goal on Friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The goalkeeping for youths second was embarrassing!
    Galway goals were quality.

Advertisement