Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fun/simple PS4 local multi-player recommendations

Options
  • 25-12-2015 5:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭

Heyo.

Got a PS4 for Christmas but all the games I have are single player.

Looking for a simple and fun multiplayer game to download and play with the family, just for today. We have 3 controllers.

Think arcade games like Bomberman or something with similar pick up and play appeal.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I found a post on ps4 reddit that gives a good few ideas. I'm on my phone so I can't narrow it down for you.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/3y36qp/have_you_used_3_controllers_before/.compact

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,484 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Johann Sebastian Joust and the other games in Sportsfriends are a blast. While they're all Dualshock friendly, I would stress JSJ is best played with cheaper, expendable Move controllers - things can get a bit violent :pac:

Less physical but equally delightful is Towerfall Ascension - beautifully designed bow-and-arrow duelling.

And Rocket League. Of course Rocket League.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Withrax

I'd say try out Octodad. Looks like some laugh

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,453 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Rocket league and tower fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I second Rocket League for some crazy fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Rocket league and tower fall.

This, thousand times this

Would you be interested in Jackbox party pack? Both are in the January sale, I think. I know #2 is €15 and is so much fun, especially with a few people over! For more people, you can stream your game via Twitch, which allows other people to join in too, but it's more fun if the people are physically there. Drawful and Fibbage are the absolute highlights, of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Would you be interested in Jackbox party pack? Both are in the January sale, I think. I know #2 is €15 and is so much fun, especially with a few people over! For more people, you can stream your game via Twitch, which allows other people to join in too, but it's more fun if the people are physically there. Drawful and Fibbage are the absolute highlights, of course!

Any good for just two people? Thinking for myself and herself.

Is it worth getting just one or both?

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Any good for just two people? Thinking for myself and herself.

Is it worth getting just one or both?

There are some of the games that require more than two people - think Drawful needs 2 - 3 at a minimum. There are some that you can play with 2 - I haven't looked at #2 yet.

Regarding whether to get 1 or 2, you could get both in a bundle in the sale for around €30, I think, which is well worth it. You'd get .. maybe 8 party games between that, which is hours of lots of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Sorry to drag up an old thread!

Is there anywhere cheap to pick up Rocket League and Towerfall or is Playstation Store the only option?

[edit] can't seem to find Towerfall anywhere - is it out in EU?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Whenever Gang Beasts comes out, get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

eddhorse wrote: »

Thanks! It seems expensive enough for the sort of game it is. Same with €19.99 for Rocket League.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Tusky wrote: »
    Thanks! It seems expensive enough for the sort of game it is. Same with €19.99 for Rocket League.

€19.99 is cheap for Rocket League considering how much fun it is... I have played 175 hours of it since launch... Some times it goes on sale for €11.99 or something like that, but it's worth every penny considering games that cost €60-€70 won't be near as good... Only thing is if you do get it, don't give up... You are going to suck at the start but you will get better over time as you learn how the ball hops off the walls etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I'd easily pay €30-€40 for Rocket league considering the usage and craic I've got from it

Advertisement