Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with second hand iphone 5s

• 25-12-2015 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭

I bought my daughter a second hand iphone 5s for christmas.

It is unlocked and restored to factory settings. However when we go to activate the iphone, a message says that the phone is linked to an Apple ID and is looking for us to enter the Apple ID and password which was used initially to set up the phone.

I can't make contact with the guy I bought it from it appears that he will need to delete this phone fro his account.

If I can't contact him, have I any options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5451550?tstart=0

You may have to call the previous owner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭Aeternum

Tomjim wrote: »

It is unlocked and restored to factory settings. However when we go to activate the iphone, a message says that the phone is linked to an Apple ID and is looking for us to enter the Apple ID and password which was used initially to set up the phone.

I can't make contact with the guy I bought it from it appears that he will need to delete this phone fro his account.

The device is iCloud locked and nothing can be done unless the previous owner removes it from their account - Apple can't/won't remove it unless you're the original owner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Is he ignoring any texts or calls? If so then it appears you've been conned and there's nothing whatsoever you can do about it. Hopefully it's legit and he'll make contact and sort it out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chocolate girl

When I sell my old iPhone I have to remove Apple ID from phone. Then I wipe and reset it. Hopefully you can contact him and get sorted he will need to give you his password. Not sure if Apple can over ride it I'm sure the have a way of doing it.

When I sell my old iPhone I have to remove Apple ID from phone. Then I wipe and reset it. Hopefully you can contact him and get sorted he will need to give you his password. Not sure if Apple can over ride it I'm sure the have a way of doing it.

No, they don't. Only the Apple ID it was set up with can activate it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭Tomjim

made contact and he has updated the phone, he apologised and said he forgot to do it when he sold it so all ends well

made contact and he has updated the phone, he apologised and said he forgot to do it when he sold it so all ends well

Great. It's so easy to make this mistake.

Advertisement