Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with my new PC

Options
  • 25-12-2015 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Got a new PC today, specs are:

GTX 960
    8g ram, 1600mhz
    FX 6300
    GA-78LMT Gigabyte motherboard

I set everything up and everything was running, but when I turned on my monitor is just said ''No signal''

I tried re-plugging all the wires, and I made sure all the wires were in the correct place None of them had anything visibly wrong with them. Still said ''No signal''

I tried changing my monitor to an old one, new wires and all, still said ''No signal''

Looked up online and it said to try and take out my RAM and put it back in. I done that several times, still wouldn't work.

Anyone have an ideas what is wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Did you connect a six pin power cable to the graphics card?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Blake1412

I have no idea, I am pretty new to this stuff.

From what I can see, it is plugged into the back of my PC case, in the motherboard, thats all I can tell you, sorry.

Did you connect a six pin power cable to the graphics card?

Umm, I think so, this is a pre-built I got from ThePCCustomizer on e-bay

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭strangel00p

Blake1412 wrote: »

From what I can see, it is plugged into the back of my PC case, in the motherboard, thats all I can tell you, sorry.

Open the case, Oo the graphics card itself, check if there is a cable running from the power supply unit into the graphics card(should a be six pin connector)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Open it up and look at the GPU, its fairly obvious towards the bottom of the board.

Make sure you're plugging the HDMI into the card, and there's a power cable plugged in towards the end of it.

Also, step 1 really, is the TV on the right channel :p

• Advertisement

Open the case, Oo the graphics card itself, check if there is a cable running from the power supply unit into the graphics card(should a be six pin connector)

Yes there is,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,416 ✭✭✭cml387

Blake1412 wrote: »

It should be plugged into the graphics card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Open the case and take a photo from the top down? might be able to see whats going on maybe give a better idea? Must be something minor if it was pre-built!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Severard

Since it's pre-built it's likely nothing is wrong inside the PC, but since you have a graphics card the cable should be plugged into that instead of the motherboard (like you said it was).

In the link the red square is for the motherboard and the green one is for the graphics card, that is where you should plug in the cable.

http://superuser.com/questions/624951/desktop-not-recognizing-second-monitor-plugged-into-vga-port

Advertisement