Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partry Mountains underground advice

Options
  • 25-12-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi everybody,

I'm heading for Mayo to do some hill walking in the Partrys during the next days. Plan was to have a short walk on arrival day walking to L. Nadirkmore and L. Nambrackkeagh (see OS No. 83) and to head for Bohaun and Barnahowna the other days. I guess the ground conditions are fairly to be described as poor? Did anybody some christmas walking in Partry area and could give a short report? Would appreciate any advice. Thanks folks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,114 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Only seeing this post just now. I was actually in Tourmakeady on the 26th albeit for a few minutes and from the safety of my car. Lough Mask was very high and the area had the look of just being really soggy. There was a small covering of snow on the Reek and the Leenane hills that day but the Partry range were okay. I was half tempted to take on the Reek on Christmas Day itself but held off; I was right as the cloud was very low and conditions poor.

If you are wanting walks around there you should have a look at www.tourmakeady.com for a few suggestions.

Advertisement