Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exchange Jacket

Options
  • 25-12-2015 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭

Hi.
    My Mam bought me a gorgeous jacket for Christmas, unfortunately it's too small :(

She still has the receipt, tags intact etc, but she bought it 7 weeks ago, in an upmarket department store.

On the receipt it states items must be returned in 14 days :O

Is there any point in even trying to exchange it for a bigger size? Should I just cut my losses?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There's no harm in asking - the store doesn't technically have to do anything for you, but good customer relations might help you out.

Is there any point in even trying to exchange it for a bigger size? Should I just cut my losses?

Most definitely it's worth trying, you're aim isn't to get a credit not, different item or refund, I'd be fairly confident that the shop would extend the 14 day return policy when the size is the issue, once they have a larger one available.

Best of luck :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭Fluffy Cat 88

Update - the shop gave me a credit note, which I used to buy a different jacket in my size (same style, different colour).

Delighted with that.

Thanks everyone for the replies

Fluffy Cat 88

Advertisement