Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goal Mile and dog owners

Options
  • 26-12-2015 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭

I used to love dogs before I was a runner. However now I ain't fond of them and tbh less fond of their owners. Has anyone else experienced this?

I have no issue with people taking their dog for a walk if they have them under control, don't mess the place up and not have huge leads on them for me to trip over.

Was looking at some pictures from a goal mile there today and a few dogs owners thought it would be acceptable to bring there dogs to a track that is used for international meets. I suppose they could use the long jump if they were caught short.

If you want to bring your dog to a park run fine as its a park and you will start from the back and not get in the way but on a track has to be dangerous also.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If the organisers allowed it and didn't explicitly ban them on certain courses in the small print then the issue rests with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

rom wrote: »
    I used to love dogs before I was a runner.

Still do. They're the other white meat.

Advertisement