If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record player (phono included)

Options
  • 26-12-2015 12:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, looking to get a turntable upgrade from a Steepletone. I have a really good stereo system that accepts aux in, am I right in thinking there are a few turntables that will work with my system without needing a separate phono? I was looking at the SONY PSLX300 but tbh I don't care about usb functionality I just want something that will give me better sound. What would you recommend?

Also how much is delivery to Dublin?

Oh, and merry Christmas!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,251 ✭✭✭ongarite

Best starter audiophile turntable with integrated phono out
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201040-essential-2-usb.aspx

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hey guys, looking to get a turntable upgrade from a Steepletone. I have a really good stereo system that accepts aux in, am I right in thinking there are a few turntables that will work with my system without needing a separate phono? I was looking at the SONY PSLX300 but tbh I don't care about usb functionality I just want something that will give me better sound. What would you recommend?

Also how much is delivery to Dublin?

Oh, and merry Christmas!
    HI baby and crumble,

Yea the Sony pslx300 would be a decent turntable, and to be honest pretty much all of the turntables wit built in phono stage tend to have USB - price on the website for this is €170 and includes delivery to anywhere in Ireland
    I would agree tho with ongarite, the Project Essential2 USB would be a different class of turntable, and a vast improvement on the sony, and its currently reduced in euro at €310 including delivery - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201040-essential-2-usb.aspx#tabSpecifications-tab?swapstore=1
    We don't havbe either of these currently in stock locally but they are both readily available from our UK warehouse on a 3-5 day service

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Need to check my possible budget though. Upwards of €300 naught be a stretch!!! :)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Thanks guys. Appreciate the info. Need to check my possible budget though. Upwards of €300 naught be a stretch!!! :)
    Hey Baby and Crumble.

No problems at all.

Lets us you once you have thought it over :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod comment

@ongarite,

The Christmas spirit of helpfulness is appreciated but please leave queries to Richersounds to answer - please see Charter for guidance.

Cheers,

Ritz

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.