Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipad discounts

• 26-12-2015 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Looking to replace ipad 1 with an ipad air 2.old ipad had gone slow and updates are not available for a long while...anyway I have 2 questions....firstly, is it still the latest greatest tablet even though it's been out a little while now (is there a replacement imminent?)?secondly...post christmas sales are obviously kicking off...can I expect any discounts?I've scanned the usually Hugh Street retailers on line and nothing.whats people's experience?will they discount if asked?I know there's never more than maybe 5 or 10% maybe but better than nothing.....cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Amazon's UK site have a good deal on iPads, or keep an eye out on adverts.ie for unwanted Christmas presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MarcusP12

Zcott wrote: »
    Amazon's UK site have a good deal on iPads, or keep an eye out on adverts.ie for unwanted Christmas presents.

Thanks....is it not a case that they don't deliver to Ireland though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

MarcusP12 wrote: »
    Thanks....is it not a case that they don't deliver to Ireland though?

Amazon do deliver to Ireland. And for any Amazon seller who doesn't you could use parcel motel.

bee06 wrote: »
    Amazon do deliver to Ireland. And for any Amazon seller who doesn't you could use parcel motel.

When I looked previously it seemed that Amazon don't really sell them direct but instead fulfill the order for a 3Rd party that won't deliver to Ireland but I'll look again...or use parcel motel (for the 1St time!)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Check the usual, power city, currys/PC World, Harvey Norman etc
    There's never really much of a discount but you may get 10% max off one.

Or as others have said, adverts from a trusted seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

When I looked previously it seemed that Amazon don't really sell them direct but instead fulfill the order for a 3Rd party that won't deliver to Ireland but I'll look again...or use parcel motel (for the 1St time!)

Yeah some of the Amazon sellers don't deliver to Ireland. Get the extended liability just in case of using parcel motel.

Anything on the high street usually for discounts?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Anything on the high street usually for discounts?

As advised,check the high street stores.

Advertisement