Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ban Trifle

• 26-12-2015 11:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭

It's not 1861 and we're not living in f*cking hovel. We don't scrape the earth back looking for spuds. We don't ration food from one end of the year to the next and we certainty don't need this miserable excuse for a f*cking dessert raising it's ugly mutilated and molested slop bucket face every year. Ban the f*cking thing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Just dont eat it then

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

Mmmmmintaerooo

tupenny wrote: »
    Mmmmmintaerooo

Is Mint Aero trifle nice?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mmm the lusciousness that is trifle. How would you get the cake and the fruit and the sherry if you were living in a hovel? And the creamy custard and the whipped cream? That satisfying 'glup' as the first spoonful comes out of the bowl. And ma trying to serve it tidily and the fellas that have hoovered up the first serving coming back to be in first for a refill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Op is right , trifle is hideous. Only beaten in the disgusting stakes by bread and butter pudding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Trifle? Love it. I had a bowl full at 2am today.

We'd have it many times through the year.

Jelly, fruit, desert wine, sponge, cream. What's not to like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Lets all ban something cos you and a small group of people don't like something, yay.

I love trifle me :3 I wish I had one right now, if I weren't poorly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Ban force feeding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Mint Aero wrote: »
    It's not 1861 and we're not living in f*cking hovel. We don't scrape the earth back looking for spuds. We don't ration food from one end of the year to the next and we certainty don't need this miserable excuse for a f*cking dessert raising it's ugly mutilated and molested slop bucket face every year. Ban the f*cking thing.

Bah humbug? You must make really crap trifle....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Lets ban whingers that start whinging threads on boards :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Lets ban whingers that start whinging threads on boards :)

Lets ban people who call for whingers to be banned.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I''m not sure where you got the link between trifle and a hovel. Trifle has a long and illustrious history, during which it has rarely strayed far from the grandest of tables. It's actually far from peasant food.

It's probably too rich for an unsophisticated palate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭Corpus Twisty

I think it's pudding it too strongly to make such a pavlova over a mere trifle like this. Eton mess is where it's at. So much meringuey, fruitey goodness. Another bowl? I wouldn't say no..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

I't beautiful and something I look forward to. Banned?

Quit trying to trifle with our annual eating of trifle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Glurpy granular filth. I denounce it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Just dont eat it then

Hey you!!

Yeah you. We dont like your kind around here. You and your common sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

This is such a trifling matter to be honest....... Mmmmhaaaaawww!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

... it's ugly mutilated and molested slop bucket..

If it's ugly, why molest it??

You American Pie'd it didn't you and now the guilt has set in.

You'll feel worse when they all sit down for a bowl of it today knowing you have added your own special glaze.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can't beat a bit of trifle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Trifle is A1.
    3 things that are served up as dessert and MUST be banned are rice tapioca and semolina. Now they are abominations not fit for eating. Tasteless unappealing and downright awful cheap shyte.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Just dont eat it then

He has to. The mammy gets upset otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I had trifle for breakfast.... delicious.

I'll ban you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

I love trifle.

OP needs to take a long hard look at themselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Gaygooner wrote: »
    I love trifle.

OP needs to take a long hard look at themselves

Probably hungover. Irony is that a good dish of trifle would help recovery...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

I like trifle. But that is a short but pretty decent rant right there.

I've even given you a thanks for it. Keep up the good work.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭johndaman66

I wouldn't be inclined to trust someone who doesn't like trifle....its a sign that they are a mentally, pysically and emotionally weak person who cannot be trusted.

Plum pudding on the other hand...now thats some shoite to be assaulting your stomach with.

I wouldn't be inclined to trust someone who doesn't like trifle....its a sign that they are a mentally, pysically and emotionally weak person who cannot be trusted.

Plum pudding on the other hand...now thats some shoite to be assaulting your stomach with.

Ooooh you nearly had me thanking you there. Then bam, you come at me with the pudding thing.

I can ban you too you know. I can ban ALL you blasphemous bastards.

• Advertisement

I had trifle for my bedtime snack last night, and trifle for breakfast this morning and right now my granny is making me another trifle to eat today. I love trifle.

Do not trifle with my trifle. :(

• Site Banned Posts: 137 ✭✭MaryAntoinette

All the trifle lovers regard a Sundays Carvery a treat no doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

Trifle is delifle!

It can be awful - the really dry hard one (from extra long stints of "setting") and the really runny one. But the in between is just luscious. My mother's trifle is sumptuous!

Uh-Oh, we have an expert here on what people should enjoy. Everyone pay attention.

Only tasteless savages enjoy trifle, and you don't. That's where we're going here, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭youreadthat

Some people just hate stuff that doesn't seem exotic as being as multicultural as possible is like a class symbol in today's society. It's like people who hate their hometown to an excessive degree even though they grew up with the cosiest life imaginable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Some people just hate stuff that doesn't seem exotic as being as multicultural as possible is like a class symbol in today's society. It's like people who hate their hometown to an excessive degree even though they grew up with the cosiest life imaginable.

Or maybe they just don't like trifle?

• Advertisement

God yeh, only once a month though. And not in January.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I'm tempted to rename both of the 'Trivial things..' threads to 'Trifling things..' now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭Azalea

looksee wrote: »
    Or maybe they just don't like trifle?
    Maybe, but I'd bet there's a degree of what youreadthat refers to also.

Listen, as long as you can buy trifle in Marks and Spencer's it's posh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Candie wrote: »
    Uh-Oh, we have an expert here on what people should enjoy. Everyone pay attention.

Only tasteless savages enjoy trifle, and you don't. That's where we're going here, right?

Ah, don't mind her Candie. She just thinks everyone should be eating cake :D

• Advertisement

maudgonner wrote: »
    Ah, don't mind her Candie. She just thinks everyone should be eating cake :D

Hehe!

Surely you mean gateau? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I had to go to my aunt for christmas. My mother was invited so of course I had to take her. Starter was half an egg with a dollop of mayonnaise. Then there was the standard Turkey and ham. Someone decided we would retire to the living room and have dessert later. I then had to endure three and a half hours of my mother, aunt, two uncles and aunt's husband gossiping about people from their hometown that I know nothing about with Irish TV on in the background. At least there was the Christmas pudding to look forward to.

Yep, it was trifle, two thirds of it was custard. There is nothing more disgusting than cold custard! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

My mother makes the most delicious trifle. It's my great-great-granddad's recipe and it calls for no less than 2/3rds of a bottle of Harvey's Bristol Creme in it. Absolutely savage!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Trifle is A1.
    3 things that are served up as dessert and MUST be banned are rice tapioca and semolina. Now they are abominations not fit for eating. Tasteless unappealing and downright awful cheap shyte.

Okay, you don't like some desserts, but what have you got against commas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Nowt wrong with a nice carvery neither.

Sure nobody is forced to like trifle. No need to whinge about other people liking it either, no one can force you to eat nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

My mother's trifle is the biz, she has converted trifle haters with her fantastic concoction. It has half a bottle of brandy in it, really good quality custard, home made madeira cake in the jelly part and the cream is mixed with baileys and chocolate chips. It is just the nicest thing ever. I do my own version in individual glasses and people say my trifle is the biz as well (I put white and milk chocolate chips through the cream in mine).

When you get bad trifle, it can scar you for life :-() My mother's one is the cure for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Zimmey

Lisha wrote: »
    Op is right , trifle is hideous. Only beaten in the disgusting stakes by bread and butter pudding.

Two posters called ongarite thanked this! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Zimmey

Trifle? Love it. I had a bowl full at 2am today.

We'd have it many times through the year.

Jelly, fruit, desert wine, sponge, cream. What's not to like?

Jelly. Which is why English trifle is way nicer!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Ban Trifle ?????

You're up against Hundreds and Thousands there O.P.!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Trifle...meh...

I can take or leave it. Lemon meringue pie - now there's a dessert to savour! Yum!

• Advertisement
Advertisement