Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Stoke vs Manchester United 26/12/'15 k/o 12.45 Sky.

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Canadel

If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped around the 60th minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

So will LVG be given funds to bolster the squad, be let go or be told to keep going with what he has.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Gaygooner

Canadel wrote: »
    If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped around the 60th minute.

Rooney would have been KO-ed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Gaygooner wrote: »
    Rooney would have been KO-ed

Rooney? They would have been stopped before he came on the field.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Hopefully this is the end of the Louis Van Nightmare

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Rooney? They would have been stopped before he came on the field.

Referencing his home video

Should United not give LVG time???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Van Gaal

"We came to play football"

"We created 1 or 2 chances and belief back in second half, but problem is we don't dare to play"

"The players have to perform"

Really?

Unfortunately that's the end of Van Gaal I'd say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,404 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Again, and you probably don't have to be told, the results are one thing...the septic, boring, heartless football being played is a great cause for anger.

And yet, results could have saved him. There are no redeeming points left about his reign now though. I'm surprised he failed.

• Advertisement

Wow, that look from van Gaal at the end of the interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

really poor from United, and probably the end of LVG's reign.

Some of the players were awful, simple skills such as passing, shooting, heading etc. were lacking.

Rather than contesting the ball just fouling, just kicking the ball straight out of play.
    Memphis's pathetic header for the first goal, that should be a very basic skill.

At one point Blind (who had a nightmare) just fell over himself

Also it doesn't reflect well that there is no striker on the bench.
    Wilson, Falcao, RVP, Januzaj, Hernandez all shipped out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Basil3 wrote: »
    Wow, that look from van Gaal at the end of the interview.

Anyone have a gif of it, missed the interview.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's the end of Van Gaal I'd say

Unfortunately???

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Unfortunately???

His main inputs into the thread included repeating this twice

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Anyone have a gif of it, missed the interview.

around 3:20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

For me he said it all in the first 30 seconds .........'' I spoke with the players at half-time ''

He does not speak to the players during the match . Sitting there taking notes is not going to win games . - He should be on the sideline communicating his players during matches .

Unfortunately???

Van Gaal has now a worse ppg then Moyes so it's understandable opposition fans don't want to see him leave.

I think he'll be gone very soon though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Imagine Moyes spent £250m on players. Hard to picture him having United in worse shape than they are now.

I've been calling van gaal a spoofer since he said his team will adopt his ways after 3 weeks, then changed to 3 months, then 3 years then stumbled upon a formation that saved him last season, it was clear to me that he was making it up as he went along.

Most fans were happy to go along with his nonsense, but some including me saw through the bull****. Don't forget this man was all too happy to sign for spurs before we came calling. Now, it seems the chickens have come home to roost and fans have finally started to look past the bull**** performances. The man has been sacked from Bayern and Barcelona and hopefully he will now be sacked by us.

All the money we spent and barely one world class player between them, it's been an absolute shambles and Ed Woodward has a lot to answer for letting this carry on under his watch. The next few weeks should be interesting!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

I've been calling van gaal a spoofer since he said his team will adopt his ways after 3 weeks, then changed to 3 months, then 3 years then stumbled upon a formation that saved him last season, it was clear to me that he was making it up as he went along.

Most fans were happy to go along with his nonsense, but some including me saw through the bull****. Don't forget this man was all too happy to sign for spurs before we came calling. Now, it seems the chickens have come home to roost and fans have finally started to look past the bull**** performances. The man has been sacked from Bayern and Barcelona and hopefully he will now be sacked by us.

All the money we spent and barely one world class player between them, it's been an absolute shambles and Ed Woodward has a lot to answer for letting this carry on under his watch. The next few weeks should be interesting!

It's not working for him at Utd but his career trophy haul as manager suggests your spoofer claim is false.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    It's not working for him at Utd but his career trophy haul as manager suggests your spoofer claim is false.

I never thought he was the sure thing he was made out to be. He's had a great career but he's had failures as well, and not just at the start of his career where you'd expect a great manager's failures to be

Where were Bayern when he got sacked? Remember his tactical genius as Dutch manager in 2001 at Landowne when McAteer scored and he brought on his four main strikers without a midfield to supply them. He was laughed at back then for that as the Dutch failed to qualify.

Subbing the keeper for a peno shootout in the 2014 World Cup made him out in some people's eyes to be a visionary. Well make Paul Cook the next England manager so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Depays clearance was laughable you wouldn't see it down the park on Sunday. He has been so poor under lvg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Does anybody else think that "fan" in the mask looked like a plant?

If you look at the pics online, it looked like the person went to the game dressed as the Grim Reaper. I remember when David Moyes was about to be sacked there was a man dressed as Grim Reaper in the front row. That turned out to be a Paddy Power stunt. Paddy Power also paid out for LVG to be sacked during the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rob316 wrote: »
    Depays clearance was laughable you wouldn't see it down the park on Sunday. He has been so poor under lvg.

I think the wind played a huge part in that he was a bit unlucky .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I think the wind played a huge part in that he was a bit unlucky .

He didn't make any allowance for it, nowhere near unlucky, just a very poor attempt.

Advertisement