Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Leicester City - 3pm - Setanta

12345679»

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's 110% offside. People forget that the keeper is a second defender in the offside rule, and the striker must be before two defenders when the pass is played or else it's offside.

Lucas was also offside as well when trying to put in the rebound as he was ahead of the ball when Benteke shot. Thankfully it doesn't matter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

5starpool wrote: »
    Lucas was also offside as well when trying to put in the rebound as he was ahead of the ball when Benteke shot. Thankfully it doesn't matter.

Lucas was actually flagged when he headed it wasn't he?

Lucas was actually flagged when he headed it wasn't he?

Actually he must have been or else it would have been a corner I guess, but I didn't think about it at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

5starpool wrote: »

Lucas offside twice in the same move - quite a feat!

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Lucas offside twice in the same move - quite a feat!

Not a man renowned for it either in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Not sure if this has been discussed, can somebody explain to me how Benteke wasn't offside when the play was played to him for the last attack (When Kaspar was out of goal) I can't figure it out, or was it just a bad decision ?

Edit: Nevermind I read back over the thread, shocking not one of the commentators mentioned it. Making me think they don't know the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He was offside, Atkinson or his linesman forgot they were so entranced by Benteke failing to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Does that fact that the pass to Benteke came from inside Liverpool's own half not make him on side? I don't know, I thought that was part of the rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

bleach94 wrote: »
    Does that fact that the pass to Benteke came from inside Liverpool's own half not make him on side? I don't know, I thought that was part of the rule

Player receiving the ball cant be offside if inside his own half is the rule. Benteke and a couple of other options were all in the LCFC half. Ludicrous situation really - only options they had were to shoot from inside their own half or wait for a second LCFC player to get ahead of their runners.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 981 ✭✭✭amber69

bleach94 wrote: »

Benteke would've had to have been inside his own half to be onside.
    Edit. . As above I'm too slow typing on the mobile

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement