Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New years, anything going on?

Options
  • 26-12-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

anything happening in galway for new years, gigs or otherwise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭wirelessdude01

Good covers band called Bluemoose in The Quays

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Whereisgalway

Anything would be better than been tortured by Katherine Thomas New Years to show

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Anything would be better than been tortured by Katherine Thomas New Years to show

Her best work was with Podge and Rodge.

Bit early for a new year show, but ar least she's better than been tortured by Imelda May. We all came home for the gathering a few years ago and then some "genius" decided that what we wanted for entertainment on New Years Eve was exactly what we left Ireland to get away from - Some skanger in Jacinta hoop earrings singing bad rockabilly..... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If you check the websites for Massimos, Kings head, Roisin etc they may have listings for NYE.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,127 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Long Gone wrote: »
    Her best work was with Podge and Rodge.

Bit early for a new year show, but ar least she's better than been tortured by Imelda May. We all came home for the gathering a few years ago and then some "genius" decided that what we wanted for entertainment on New Years Eve was exactly what we left Ireland to get away from - Some skanger in Jacinta hoop earrings singing bad rockabilly..... :mad:
    Katherine Thomas worked with Podge & Rodge? I thought that was Lucy Kennedy?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 61 ✭✭Freak Midget

I'll be drinking buckfast with <racial slur removed> down the sparch. Feel free to join me op.

I'll be drinking buckfast with <racial slur removed> down the sparch. Feel free to join me op.

Where's the sparch ? :confused: Will ya have any White Lightening ?

flazio wrote: »
    Katherine Thomas worked with Podge & Rodge? I thought that was Lucy Kennedy?

Lucy Kennedy was not the only person to work with Podge and Rodge. From the fact that Lucy Kennedy was their sidekick it does not follow that nodody else worked with them. Katherine Thomas appeared on the Podge and Rodge show on several occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

Long Gone wrote: »
    Where's the sparch ? ?

Sparch = Spanish arch. Next to Galway museum. Enjoy!!

Sparch = Spanish arch. Next to Galway museum. Enjoy!!

Ah, got ya. Spent years in Galway but never heard the term Sparch to refer to the Spanish Arch before - I should have thought about it a bit more.....

Anyways, I'll be there and I'll bring a few slabs of Special Brew ! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement