Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment/House Share in Limerick

• 26-12-2015 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭

Hi everyone!

I have been looking for an apartment/house share in Limerick for this upcoming February and it proves to be quite a difficult task. I'm currently located abroad which makes it hard for me to conduct this search properly.

I have checked daft & rent.ie but I haven't had any luck mainly because most landlords are looking for tenants who can move in immediately.

Airbnb prices are far too high as opposed to the average house sharing price.

I joined a couple of groups on Facebook and so far my only option is a private student housing (Parkview Hall). As I am a young professional, I'm pretty much over the whole student housing thing because I can't picture myself living with partying animals. Been there, done that.

Any suggestions as to where I could potentially look for a place?

Many thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

How long will you be here.

Maybe ask your new employer to put up a notice or spread the word

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GlobalSun

How long will you be here.

Maybe ask your new employer to put up a notice or spread the word

6 months, for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

a person I know went through this recently. no amount of letters, contracts and assurances will help you, you need to be here and talk to the landlord/agency face to face. they're a bit backwards when it comes to these things. prepare yourself for a week/two in hotel or bnb and then find something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

I know of a double room going a friend is moving out of another friends house the 27th of January pm me if more info needed

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭GlobalSun

a person I know went through this recently. no amount of letters, contracts and assurances will help you, you need to be here and talk to the landlord/agency face to face. they're a bit backwards when it comes to these things. prepare yourself for a week/two in hotel or bnb and then find something.

Thanks!

Yes, in case I am completely stuck, I will rent a room via AirBnB but there aren't a lot of rooms available in my price range (500e tops per month which I consider to be quite expensive for Limerick. It's even more expensive than my apartment in Brussels).

• Advertisement
Advertisement