Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung r530 laptop won't wake

Options
  • 26-12-2015 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hi all, my Samsung laptop which I've never had issues with suddenly won't wake. I was using it today, closed the laptop screen down which would usually enter it into a sleep mode until you pull the screen back up. But now it's just a black screen, the power button is lit up too. I recently upgraded to Windows 10 but have had no issues in the month or so that I installed it. Any ideas?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Disconnect the power cord, (charger), remove the battery, press the "on" button for a few seconds, put it back together, and see if it powers up. I've seen some strange behaviour with W10 and "sleep"/hibernate and power off modes, especially when the wretched thing is downloading updates when you go to power off.

The other possible issue is that the sleep button is stuck down, so when you open the lid, it's not detecting that you have done so, which means no response at all to the lid being opened.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Didn't work I'm afraid, there is no sleep button either so really out of ideas now! Might have to drop it in somewhere.

Advertisement