Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Craghoppers Sale up to 75% off + extra 50% off some sale items w/ code [Craghoppers]

• 26-12-2015 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

I saw this on HUKD, the exchange rate may sting a little and the 50% extra code only works on SOME sale items, but does work on full priced items.

I haven't seen anything so far, but thought it may be best to have a look before there's nothing, or in case anybody was already looing for some Craghoppers jackets.

http://www.craghoppers.com/

Try code PROMO50 in basket for 50% off marked price. (Works for all full priced items, and some sale items)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

It's annoying the way it does not show item is out of stock until you go to add it to basket :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

This was o. HUKD since 24th midnight...don't expect much stock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Thanks OP. Just got 4 pairs of hiking trousers that I had been watching out for. Worked out at €20 a pair including delivery. See you on the mountain ��

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,934 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Many thanks OP. I just bought a pair of £60 waterproof trousers for £15.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Cheers OP. Walking trousers, winter fleece and a t-shirt for 40 delivered. All sale items and the 50% worked on them all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭g0g

Thanks OP! Found 3 things I wanted reduced £ 120 to £ 60. That then became £ 30 with your code, and because the theoretical total was £ 60 I got free shipping to Parcel Wizard! :)

That's a useful one to note for anyone else. Free shipping (UK) is based on your total before discount codes. A handy way to avoid the nasty € 8.50 international shipping! Granted you'll still pay PW but it's less than a third of that cost.

(and yes before someone says it, I know the original RRP figures were mad and no one would really ever pay that much, but with all these discounts it's defo great value!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Isnt there a parcel wizard deal here in bargain alerts for 3 free deliveries before the 31st?

goz83 wrote: »
    Isnt there a parcel wizard deal here in bargain alerts for 3 free deliveries before the 31st?
    Yeah but it expires 31st December which means the parcel needs to be there by then. With today being Sunday, 28th (Monday a bank holiday) I reckon it might be tight to arrive on time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

g0g wrote: »
    Yeah but it expires 31st December which means the parcel needs to be there by then. With today being Sunday, 28th (Monday a bank holiday) I reckon it might be tight to arrive on time.

I just made one more order and went for that. :)

Todays the 27th, and hopefully it's not going to take 3 or 4 days to get to DPD... I'm sure we could appeal to DPD's Christmas Spirit anyway :D

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Savage_Henry

This worked, thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Thewife

Thanks OP ordered some nice bits that were half price and then the code worked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭gally74

Thanks delighted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Just a word of warning, any craghoppers stuff I've had in recent years has had very poor durability

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

Just a word of warning, any craghoppers stuff I've had in recent years has had very poor durability

Couldn't agree less.

Couldn't agree less.

+1 I have always found their gear to be extremely durable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Nonsense, up and down the mountain dozens of times in my Kiwi classics in all weathers and they still look new and feel great

Couldn't agree less.

A few Bear Gryll's by Craghoppers items I had were outrageously poorly constructed. In particular a jacket I had lost it's waterproofing after a couple of months and zips on both pockets and main one broke. It was definitely because of the cheap zips used. Tried emailing Craghoppers but they wouldn't entertain any complaints I had, said it was normal wear and tear. I've had zips break on North Face gear after a couple of years and they fixed it for free no problem. That's just my experience, maybe their normal non Bear Gryll's stuff is much better quality?

A few Bear Gryll's by Craghoppers items I had were outrageously poorly constructed. In particular a jacket I had lost it's waterproofing after a couple of months and zips on both pockets and main one broke. It was definitely because of the cheap zips used. Tried emailing Craghoppers but they wouldn't entertain any complaints I had, said it was normal wear and tear. I've had zips break on North Face gear after a couple of years and they fixed it for free no problem. That's just my experience, maybe their normal non Bear Gryll's stuff is much better quality?

I have always found their gear to be good but I will agree with about zips. I bought some fleeces with zip pockets & the zip has failed on one of them. The slight piling on the fleece jams the zip. The zips need to be stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

They added a load more stock it looks like, there was about 9 items in XL there yesterday pages of stuff today..

Word of warning on the craghoppers sizing is tight so go up a size. Don't forget to use PM to save on shipping too.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

Anyone have an idea when this ends? I want to get the bear mountain jacket but can't till Wednesday! Anyone have any opinions on it? Would it be warm? http://www.craghoppers.com/bear-mountain-jacket.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kiwi jacket + nosilife hoodie + 2 kids fleeces + kiwi trousers + nosilife shorts + 2 Bear long sleeved tops

£71 + Parcel motel shipping cost :eek:

Everything was half price or less and then another 50% off with the code (apart from the £6.50 kids fleeces)

Thanks OP!!!

Mark.. wrote: »
    Anyone have an idea when this ends? I want to get the bear mountain jacket but can't till Wednesday! Anyone have any opinions on it? Would it be warm? http://www.craghoppers.com/bear-mountain-jacket.html

There is no specification on it like water resistance or breathabilty. I would be wary that you aren't paying extra for the name. You don't want a shell to be warm. You wear a fleece underneath & then it serves as a summer or winter jacket.

I have posted this before but this is excellent value for money - I bought two. Good reviews, dries fast, good breathability. They are half price because the have a patch on the front & back that covers a company logo. I own a North Face & two Berghaus & this is my favourite jacket.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KEELA-KINTYRE-Waterproof-Breathable-Wicking-Lined-Jacket-Coat-Hiking-KK4-/371384357754?var=&hash=item56783b937a:m:mGC0Izb80go0-BbN3ppErSw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

Excellent BA. Thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭murphm45

Thanks OP - managed to get a gore tex jacket for £42 (which is a steal for anything gore tex so I'll settle for having to get a navy one) and somehow got free delivery too!

I'm well chuffed!! :D:D:D

Thanks again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

murphm45 wrote:
    Thanks OP - managed to get a gore tex jacket for £42 (which is a steal for anything gore tex so I'll settle for having to get a navy one) and somehow got free delivery too!

murphm45 wrote:
    Thanks again

How did you manage to get free delivery?

paulgs wrote: »
    How did you manage to get free delivery?

Should probably clarify that I got free UK delivery rather than delivery to Ireland (I'll still have to pay the PM fees on top of it). Still with the jacket costing less than £60 I thought I'd be hit for their delivery charge too but I wasn't, so happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭thewheel2.0

Got my first pair of hiking pants for £14 delivered to Parcel Motel. Went for the Classic Kiwi, looks like a good bargain as the same pants are €55 in the Regatta stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

Can someone verify?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

Doesn't seem to be working for me anymore.

Can someone verify?

The promo code is still valid. I've just added a pair of Classic Kiwi Trousers to my cart and price after discount is just £10.

• Advertisement

neto wrote: »
    The promo code is still valid. I've just added a pair of Classic Kiwi Trousers to my cart and price after discount is just £10.
    Strangely I had just tried the same and it said invalid for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 neto

g0g wrote: »
    Strangely I had just tried the same and it said invalid for me!!
    I've just checked on another browser and had no problems with applying the discount.
    Did you enter PROMO50 using ALL CAPS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭Zynks

My transaction was cancelled due to the Parcel Motel not matching the billing address on the card. I called them to fix it - basically a new transaction all together and the banks are now holding to double the amount of the purchase.... should be cleared in a few days. As long as I get the goods and my extra money back, it is still worth it.

neto wrote: »
    I've just checked on another browser and had no problems with applying the discount.
    Did you enter PROMO50 using ALL CAPS?
    CONTINUE SHOPPING
    Coupon code "PROMO50" is not valid.

Product Unit Price Qty Price Remove
    UPDATE BASKET
    CMJ100L Classic Kiwi Trousers Dark Navy 34inch
    CMJ100L Classic Kiwi Trousers Dark Navy 34inch
    £20.00
    £20.00
    Remove item
    Order Summary
    Grand Total £20.00
    Subtotal £20.00
    Checkout with PayPal
    PROCEED TO CHECKOUT
    Yep definitely! Granted though the code wasn't working on all products originally so maybe it works on less of them now? I dunno.

Zynks wrote: »
    My transaction was cancelled due to the Parcel Motel not matching the billing address on the card. I called them to fix it - basically a new transaction all together and the banks are now holding to double the amount of the purchase.... should be cleared in a few days. As long as I get the goods and my extra money back, it is still worth it.

I am fuming because the stupid autofill did the same to me so I emailed them immediately after ordering. They replied to say that the order had been cancelled.

EDIT If you order is cancelled & the promo code no longer works, they will honour the original price but you will have to phone order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭doniem

I cant get the code to work on anything. is it expired?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭KilOit

Discodog wrote: »
    I am fuming because the stupid autofill did the same to me so I emailed them immediately after ordering. They replied to say that the order had been cancelled.

EDIT If you order is cancelled & the promo code no longer works, they will honour the original price but you will have to phone order.
    I ordered on the 28th and i'm still waiting on a email regarding shipping.
    How long did it take for you to receive an email to say it was cancelled

If you pay with paypal you won't have any issues with credit card addresses etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 824 ✭✭✭magicmushroom

Code seems to be expired now - gutted I missed out on this!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Hi, wondering if any of ye could give me some advice. I need a jacket purely for keeping me as dry as possible for up to three hour walks. I was looking at the craghopper kiwi thermic jacket for this, do any of you reckon this item would be up to the task or should I go more expensive i.e craghopper olive pro. My north face tri climate has finally given up on me after many years of faithful service but dont want to shell out that much again if cheaper products are adequate. I already own craghopper trousers I am very happy with. Thanks

KilOit wrote: »
    I ordered on the 28th and i'm still waiting on a email regarding shipping.
    How long did it take for you to receive an email to say it was cancelled

Couple of days. I phoned them, reordered & they honoured the original price. But then a few minutes later they phoned me to say that original order had actually been sent out.

• Advertisement

Hi, wondering if any of ye could give me some advice. I need a jacket purely for keeping me as dry as possible for up to three hour walks. I was looking at the craghopper kiwi thermic jacket for this, do any of you reckon this item would be up to the task or should I go more expensive i.e craghopper olive pro. My north face tri climate has finally given up on me after many years of faithful service but dont want to shell out that much again if cheaper products are adequate. I already own craghopper trousers I am very happy with. Thanks

Looks like the code has expired.

Have a look on M&M direct there are some Trespass jackets in there which are good value for money 100% polyamide which is the stuff goretex is made from they also have a good selection of berghaus as well or you might pick up a bargain on sports direct. Also noticed Debenhams have Craghoppers stuff on sale at the moment in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Mark..

For a good warm waterproof jacket which would be the best type? 3 in 1, insulated waterproof or ski? Don't know what to choose...

Mark.. wrote:
    For a good warm waterproof jacket which would be the best type? 3 in 1, insulated waterproof or ski? Don't know what to choose...

Three in one gives you the option of year round use. Easier to wash and care for as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Has anyone received delivery or notification of dispatch?

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Savage_Henry

yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Has anyone received delivery or notification of dispatch?
    I recieved the dispatched email yesterday or the day before. The tracking says my stuff is already in athlone but says it's due on Wednesday. Maybe I'll get it today hopefully.

falan wrote: »
    I recieved the dispatched email yesterday or the day before. The tracking says my stuff is already in athlone but says it's due on Wednesday. Maybe I'll get it today hopefully.

Just out of curiosity falan, when did you order your stuff? The money doesn't seem to "held" on my credit card anymore so I'm worried they cancelled my order and never told me (I foolishly never set up an account and just bought the stuff as a guest so I can't really track it).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Hey murphm45, I just checked my email s from them. I ordered 3 items on the 28th. I recieved a welcome email plus an order email. I then emailed them the next day to see could I get an extra item added without paying for postage again. They replied the next day saying the order was already gone through so couldn't amend it.
    They took the money on the 30th. My order status stayed 'processing' until yesterday when I got the dispatched email.
    I know other people who ordered stuff and they are the same as me. Due Wednesday.

I also registered on the site if that makes a difference. Maybe try emailing them.

falan wrote: »
    Hey murphm45, I just checked my email s from them. I ordered 3 items on the 28th. I recieved a welcome email plus an order email. I then emailed them the next day to see could I get an extra item added without paying for postage again. They replied the next day saying the order was already gone through so couldn't amend it.
    They took the money on the 30th. My order status stayed 'processing' until yesterday when I got the dispatched email.
    I know other people who ordered stuff and they are the same as me. Due Wednesday.

I also registered on the site if that makes a difference. Maybe try emailing them.

Cheers falan, thanks for that. I order on the 29th so it's possible it's in the pipeline somewhere but I'd drop them a line to see what's happening.

Thanks again

EDIT: Just got a confirmation e-mail about an hour ago so it looks like it's on its way, hurray!! Hopefully anyone else waiting on a dispatch will find similar good news in their inboxes soon too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement