Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother ControlCenter 3 Problem

Options
  • 26-12-2015 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

A problem has recently arisen on a laptop, running Win XP Pro, where the Brother ControlCenter 3 user interface does not load. The outline shape of the interface window becomes apparent when selected, but does not contain any of the options i.e. Scan, Copy, Photocapture etc. etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, downloaded and installed ControlCenter 3 updater tool for Windows XP, all to no avail. I have also checked online for a possible solution, again without success.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone know of a solution?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

Maidhci wrote: »
    A problem has recently arisen on a laptop, running Win XP Pro, where the Brother ControlCenter 3 user interface does not load. The outline shape of the interface window becomes apparent when selected, but does not contain any of the options i.e. Scan, Copy, Photocapture etc. etc.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software, downloaded and installed ControlCenter 3 updater tool for Windows XP, all to no avail. I have also checked online for a possible solution, again without success.

Has anyone else experienced this issue or does anyone know of a solution?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Can anyone help with this??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

I think your main problem is running Win XP! It's an outdated and no longer supported Operating System!

When downloading the software are you choosing the xp version? 32 or 64 bit?

There is a Brother uninstall tool which will completely remove the software / device from your system so you can do a clean install.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/midlink_os.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl4570cdw_all&site=pc&type3=39&orgc=us&orglang=en&orgprod=hl4570cdw_all&targetpage=18

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Maidhci wrote: »
    Can anyone help with this??

I wonder if is anything to with the display settings in XP? Haver you tried dropping the colour depth to see if it makes any difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Maidhci

me_irl wrote: »
    I think your main problem is running Win XP! It's an outdated and no longer supported Operating System!

When downloading the software are you choosing the xp version? 32 or 64 bit?

There is a Brother uninstall tool which will completely remove the software / device from your system so you can do a clean install.

http://support.brother.com/g/b/midlink_os.aspx?c=us&lang=en&prod=hl4570cdw_all&site=pc&type3=39&orgc=us&orglang=en&orgprod=hl4570cdw_all&targetpage=18

Thanks me_irl and mordeith for your responses - I don't honestly think that this problem is XP related - the software has been installed and running happily on this particular laptop for several years and was recently re-installed from the original CD which is a Win XP version. The issue just seems to have developed overnight - I scanned documents one evening and the following day, when I started up, the Control Centre 3 user interface did not load correctly. I uninstalled and reinstalled at this stage. The printer in question is DCP 560CN, quite old I know, but still a very good basic printer and scanner with a document feeder, which is what it is primarily used for. It appears that there are no uninstall tools, compatible with that particular printer, available on the Brother site. Thanks for your help anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Have you run a virus scan?
    If that XP machine is online, you realise the vulnerabilities?

• Advertisement
Advertisement