Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lock for Horstmann water heater

• 26-12-2015 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Horstmann E7 Quartz water heater (pic attached) that heats the water overnight.

I rent the apartment out and the rent includes bills, and a big problem is tenants messing with the settings, so does anyone know if it's possible to get a lock for these types of heaters?

I already asked in a hardware shop in Dublin and I searched the forum but no joy, so if anyone knows of one I'd be happy to hear about it.

NewWaterHeater.jpg?dl=0

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

The tenant needs to have control over heating legally afaik

have a nose around here :
    The landlord must provide:

A fixed heating appliance in each room, which is capable of providing effective heating and which the tenant can control

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/renting_a_home/repairs_maintenance_and_minimum_physical_standards.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Some_randomer

Thanks for that.

They have control over the heating - there's electric rads in each room and a storage heater in the living room.

I want the lock for the water heater. The water is heated overnight and there's always enough water during the day, but sometimes they start changing the settings and next thing I know the water didn't heat overnight and they're getting in touch saying there's no hot water..!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Call a sparks and get him to fit one of these over the E7 Timer
    https://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/CMSB202015.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6 JunoS

Hi, I am having problems with the horstmann 7 as well and spent more than 1k last year with various electricians. I changed elements and timer box but still lots of problems. Do you know if you can attach a different type of timer to it? Eg normal immersion switch or programmable timer to come on at morning and evening?

Advertisement