Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St Stephen's Night.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

There is few nights out of the year that i hate.

Stevens day, Paddys day, WIT Xmess day, Whensday night of RAG and Fresher week in waterford.

These are the nights i don't go out and stay in and get drunk with myself as its more fun as you will only see people you don't wont to be talking to on a night like tonight.

So i have a 70 euro bottle of vodka for myself and i will be enjoying that to myself instead of being in my local pub with 16 year olds ha ha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

I was bored in my parent's house so went home. Was bored there so I decided to go for a pint. Sitting here in a city centre pub that surprisingly quiet and having a nice pint at the bar. I am content here. Much more so than if I went to a club or somewhere along temple bar. Rowdy crowds around there this time of year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

There is few nights out of the year that i hate.

Stevens day, Paddys day, WIT Xmess day, Whensday night of RAG and Fresher week in waterford.

These are the nights i don't go out and stay in and get drunk with myself as its more fun as you will only see people you don't wont to be talking to on a night like tonight.

So i have a 70 euro bottle of vodka for myself and i will be enjoying that to myself instead of being in my local pub with 16 year olds ha ha.

Waterford man myself too yeah hate all those nights u mentioned u swear alcohol around the world is going to run out or if ur not out ur a loser

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Zimmey wrote: »
    I think Donegal folk call it Boxing Day.

No, we don't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Waterford man myself too yeah hate all those nights u mentioned u swear alcohol around the world is going to run out or if ur not out ur a loser

Yap tell me about it. Like to make it worse in waterford the ones who act the nob are not the ones from waterford or WIT at all its allways there friends who are visiting who just make themselves out as a TIT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Zimmey

No, we don't.

Some do apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

I often hear Dublin folk talking of phoning the police to report a crime.

Do they sing de do do do de da da da down the line at them or something?:confused:

? Don't get that. What would you say.

Well it seems if Donegal does say Boxing Day we need to hand it back to the queen with apologies for the state of the roads, and the locals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Staying in. Couldn't handle town tonight. Queuing 30mins for a drink , no thanks. Captain Philips starting on rte in 20 minutes and a bottle of wine in the fridge..... Much happier

Yap tell me about it. Like to make it worse in waterford the ones who act the nob are not the ones from waterford or WIT at all its allways there friends who are visiting who just make themselves out as a TIT.

I was shopping in Iceland last witmas day and these 2 yokes with Xmas jumper came in asking for stupid things In the horrors and saying they were staying in the travel lodge and it was only 2pm. If I worked in a pub I'd be in jail now lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

In for the first Stephens night in 10 years. I'm getting old. But **** tha, actually being able to do things tomorrow outweighs getting drunk and acting the gowl back home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Zimmey wrote: »
    Some do apparently.

Only if they are D'orange variety..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I'm not budging. Three solid days drinkin. I'm in the complete horrors. I opened a bottle of stout at nine o clock and I'm not able to finish it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Half the lads are belting into pints up town. I really don't fancy handling the Stephen's night crowd. Other half are in a big smoke up watching MOTD. Not a chance they'll budge in time for a decent pub session. I don't fancy that either, so am having tea and some leftover dessert from yesterday. I can hear the Downton finale in the next room, it's a biggie apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

boobar wrote: »
    Going to have the dinner around 5 and then bring my wife's uncle out for 3 pints before the mayhem begins

Well 3 pints turned into 6, just left half an hour ago...

A few guys were in an absolute heap...

Home now watching Captain Philips tucking into ham sandwiches....happy out.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,955 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Was glad I stayed in and watched the Downton finale. It was so satisfying and fitting.

St Stephens night can get very messy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭harr

Used to do the full session when I was younger,but you wouldn't Get me near the pub or a club now on Stephens night, full of lads on the lash all day...I don't mind one or two durning the day but I make sure I am home around 6 ...it's the one night around here you are guarantee trouble with lads looking to fight...
    Can get very messy..

A night for the facebook likes crowd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

not yet wrote: »
    Only if they are D'orange variety..

You know, posts like this really make me glad I'm from where I'm from. I'm glad to be from somewhere where the vast majority don't care what you are or who you are, where nobody gives a fcuk how 'Irish' you are or how anti whatever else you are, and people can use whatever words they want for whatever days of the week they want and no one passes any remarks. Where no one has any insecurities or hangups about their identity.

I know this was meant as an insult, but being way above this pettiness and childish name calling, we take it as a compliment :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

If we were in Kerry,it would be almost as big as Nollaig na mBan in Cork, but nt long hoe and wrecked so drinks at home.

Did I miss something? ( Kerry 400 asl) Went to bed before 4 pm and slept through. I see a wren when I am walking the dog!

Advertisement