Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help buying PSU

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You're much better off going with a newer Haswell based build, that PC is already obsolete.

E.G.

Pentium G3220 €60
    H81M motherboard €50
    4gb RAM €30
    1tb HDD €50
    120gb SSD €60
    Case €40
    400w PSU €50
    Total €350

Maybe €120 for a monitor and he's away, lots of room for upgrading if he wants to make it a full gaming machine. It's only a GPU away really, and possibly a CPU upgrade depending

This'll be grand for indie games and the older stuff, it'll need a graphics card before he can reasonably play anything new.

you haven't posted a final budget, but if you give one I'll change my build to fit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

You're much better off going with a newer Haswell based build, that PC is already obsolete.

E.G.

Pentium G3220 €60
    H81M motherboard €50
    4gb RAM €30
    1tb HDD €50
    120gb SSD €60
    Case €40
    400w PSU €50
    Total €350

Maybe €120 for a monitor and he's away, lots of room for upgrading if he wants to make it a full gaming machine. It's only a GPU away really, and possibly GPU.

This'll be grand for indie games and the older stuff, it'll need a graphics card before he can reasonably play anything new.

you haven't posted a final budget, but if you give one I'll change my build to fit it.

My apologies I didn't mention I have all these parts already ,I just need a suitable PSU to go with the build

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Ah okay, get him an SSD anyways ;)

Anything above 400w is grand, don't need more than 500w at all

Corsair, BeQuiet, SeaSonic and EVGA are all grand manufacturers

Ah okay, get him an SSD anyways ;)

Anything above 400w is grand, don't need more than 500w at all

Corsair, BeQuiet, SeaSonic and EVGA are all grand manufacturers

Ok thanks I was thinking an Evga 500w 80+bronze just to be sure , and I will be picking up a SSD for sure while am at it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You are aware that no new games will actually run on that machine? Indie titles, and games like Minecraft, Farming Simulator, CS: GO will be OK, but newer games like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3, Battlefield, Battlefront, GTA, Fallout, etc haven't a hope of running on that CPU. Just so he doesn't have unrealistic expectations.

• Advertisement

You are aware that no new games will actually run on that machine? Indie titles, and games like Minecraft, Farming Simulator, CS: GO will be OK, but newer games like Call of Duty Advanced Warfare/Black Ops 3, Battlefield, Battlefront, GTA, Fallout, etc haven't a hope of running on that CPU. Just so he doesn't have unrealistic expectations.

Yes fully aware , even overclocked to 3GHz that CPU and GPU combo wouldn't expect it to run any AAA title.

Advertisement