Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are you happy?

• 27-12-2015 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭

Are you happy with your life, if not when were you happy last?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

There are a few things that could be better but all in all I'm very happy :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

There's a whole pile more I want to achieve but yeah I'm happy with what I have. Grateful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

i could be depressed if i wanted to be...

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭yabbav

I am not but i wasn't this time last year

I am now but i wasn't this time last year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

A lot happier since I started to be healthier and decided to put my own needs first and not let people pick on me! Also removing myself from negative environments as much as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I am not, and the last time I was happy was probably 2012. Started making a concerted effort to improve my lot at that time, things got worse instead of better, and that made everything seem hopeless. Downhill all the way since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Right now a bit down over a missed opportunity with a great lady.

But I see massive potential for 2016 being one of the best years yet for me on a few levels.

So yeah, unnothappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

everyone will be happier in 2016 , hold on only a few days away ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

I'm not desperately unhappy, but I can't think of a single aspect of my life that I'm happy with, or that doesn't need fixing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭brokensoul84

I am not, and the last time I was happy was probably 2012. Started making a concerted effort to improve my lot at that time, things got worse instead of better, and that made everything seem hopeless. Downhill all the way since then.

For me., its been a downhill slip since November 2013 and just keep slipping.

Happy is a very loaded word-like I bought myself new headphones today s I had a voucher so I was happy.
    In the grand scheme of things, I am far from happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Happy, decent kids, decent wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭Trebor176

Right now a bit down over a missed opportunity with a great lady.

I'm feeling a bit down as well for the very same reason.

To answer the question in the title, I am happy overall. However, although I really like the people I work with, for financial and experience reasons, I feel I need a change of job. I just feel like I'm stuck at the moment, but things will work out in some way.

I am currently 29 and have been single for God knows how long, so lately I just feel I want to be with someone, and have been thinking a good bit about someone (see first line).

I am certainly not unhappy overall anyway. If the above two things were properly in line, if I can put it that way, then I'd be that bit happier. I've a great family, great friends and good health (just about). I just need to stop worrying about certain things that are perhaps out of my control.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭whatismyname

Can't say I am. Realistically for reasons that I'll probably never have any control over, I probably never will be able to be properly happy.

The trick that I need to work on is to learn to live with this, and that in itself may bring some sense of contentment or acceptance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

I have to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

No and it has been many years since I've been able to describe myself as happy. I'd have to go back to my childhood years.

Unfortunately, I don't foresee much change for another 3-4 years.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Very content with my lot, good partner, good work life, making new friends too recently.

The past couple of days with the OH and his kids have been incredibly peaceful

Economy is getting better now surely everyone under 35 feels the future is getting better

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭whatawaster81

yabbav wrote: »
    Economy is getting better now surely everyone under 35 feels the future is getting better

Why 35?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭caille

I am in a job I am unhappy in, in a house that needs too much done to it and can't really afford to get done and I have a very ill family member. So these parts of my life can make me very unhappy.

However, that same job has some good aspects going for it (money, conditions of work, leave, flexibility), my house is in a lovely area with everything we could want and the ill family member has the possibility of recovering. Plus, I have a great guy, decent parents, good friends and a gorgeous fluff ball of a cat who all make me feel loved and cared for.

So when I weigh it all up, I am actually happy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Joey Jo-Jo Junior

yabbav wrote: »

The economy has very little to do with why I'm not happy.

I guess if their problems are of that nature then yes but certainly not everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

I'm going to clap my hands and no AH, I'm not wearing a nappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's my B-Day now and I feel miserable. I have a few haters out there who laugh at my expense. If I lived 25 more years marry, have kids, be in a good job I'd die happy and with my middle finger stuck up at these haters.

As a life long sufferer of depression, sometimes so severe that I didn't recognise my own family, to the regular every day ill feeling hanging about, I can say that I am now happy to be living. I'm not happy with my life because I'm nearly 35 and have little behind me in the way of achievements. But things have gone very right for me this year. I hope next year can go just as well.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's my B-Day now and I feel miserable. I have a few haters out there who laugh at my expense. If I lived 25 more years marry, have kids, be in a good job I'd die happy and with my middle finger stuck up at these haters.

Happy birthday! Haters gonna hate. A person on the internet thinks you deserve to be happy on your birthday because everyone does, and you're probably a good person, because most people are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

caille wrote: »
    I am in a job I am unhappy in, in a house that needs too much done to it and can't really afford to get done and I have a very ill family member. So these parts of my life can make me very unhappy.

However, that same job has some good aspects going for it (money, conditions of work, leave, flexibility), my house is in a lovely area with everything we could want and the ill family member has the possibility of recovering. Plus, I have a great guy, decent parents, good friends and a gorgeous fluff ball of a cat who all make me feel loved and cared for.

So when I weigh it all up, I am actually happy.
    You seem to have your priorities right, good for you. Here's to a good 2016.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

i sure am. Life is tough, but even in the worst of it I can appreciate what Kerouac called 'the ragged and ecstatic joy of pure being' ie: I wouldn't trade being me and being on this ride for anything;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 820 ✭✭✭BunkMoreland

Last time I was happy happy was as a child.

Not to say I'm unhappy as an adult, its grand, OK, middling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

Nothing special about my life, but I think I have most of the important things to me in place. I have a nice house in a place I like to live and have a reasonable job, and earn just about enough to pay all my bills and a holiday most years. I have a very good family. A few more bob would make life easier but in general I am happy with my lot.

• Advertisement

molly09 wrote: »
    Are you happy with your life, if not when were you happy last?

All good here at the moment.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

There's probably stuff I could be unhappy about if I thought about it, but in the grand scheme of things they're trivial. I'm married to the most amazing woman who makes me happier than I could ever have imagined so I don't give a crap about any of the things that could get me down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

PTH2009 wrote: »

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

I'm alive and healthy..the rest is a bonus aye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 140 ✭✭Rolllo

I'd say 90% of the time I dont feel either happy or unhappy. Just sort of neutral. Is that weird?

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭strawdog

I have to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time.

It can't get much worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

imagine being a sportsman and playing against a rival team who all hate you and scoring the winning the goal in front of all there vocal supporters. ahh just stand there put your arms out and sigh (its my job after all lol)

if karma is real than some people i knw would of been struck down dead by now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

No.

Rolllo wrote: »
    I'd say 90% of the time I dont feel either happy or unhappy. Just sort of neutral. Is that weird?

I'd say that's natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 losts

Content is probably the best anyone can hope for. Happyiness (joy) is transient. Moments taken here and there. No-one can be happy all the time. Unfortunately contentment is a bit away at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Pretty happy right now yeah but alcoholic lubrication may or may not have played a part here. Also, I'm having trouble breathing right now just in case anybody wanted to know for any reason. G'night ________ , G'night _________ .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Annwhelan11

not happy. things just never go right for me

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Keisha07

No haven't felt happy or content for ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Promotion to Admin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

If you scratch away at my surface, thru all the complaining and moaning and trivial annoyances...you will find that in the core -I am happy. And lucky. Very lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,595 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Apart from illness, loss of job and family deaths (all of which emotions I've bundled up and pushed down until I'm a simmering mess and explode) I'm pretty happy.

In general, my overall average mood is happy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Oh I remember Happy.

Last time was around 1981 watching Top Cat in my pajamas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Promotion to Admin?

That'd be worse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Incredibly happy and have been for a long time now. Long may it last; as life has a way of dumping sadness when we least expect it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

That'd be worse!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

This for me .

• Advertisement
Advertisement