Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS offline music

• 27-12-2015 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey all,just after getting an iPhone 5s,looking for an app that I can download music off of and listen to it with out Internet,have tried searching play tube with no success

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

iTunes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Spotify premium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

Google play music will let you do this for free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Music.app?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭cc

• Advertisement

cc wrote: »

No I mean why can't the op not just use the built in stock music app that's installed on every iOS device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Got a spotify subscription. First 3 months are .99c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

No I mean why can't the op not just use the built in stock music app that's installed on every iOS device?

Because they want it for free (or as close to), obviously.

Don't get that tbh, buy a phone worth ~€500, won't pay artists for the music they make :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 eoghanmurphy46

Don't get that tbh, buy a phone worth ~€500, won't pay artists for the music they make :rolleyes:

I am 16,I got the phone as a present,so no i can't afford music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 eoghanmurphy46

whiterebel wrote: »
    iTunes?

Sorry I meant for free,my mistake m8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I am 16,I got the phone as a present,so no i can't afford music

Just because your 16 doesn't mean you have a right to illegally download music.

Ask your parents for a Spotify/Apple Music/Google subscription.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭stoksyXL

Yeah, get a Spotify premium or Apple Music account for a tenner a month, surely mom and pops will give you that!
    All your music worries will be sorted then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Championship Vinyl

If you want it totally for free then I'm sure you know how to download music 'for free'. You can load music onto the iPhone (via iTunes) or in Google's cloud and select music for offline use.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

While Spotify and Apple Music is great, the data would be a problem to some people also.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

kceire wrote: »
    While Spotify and Apple Music is great, the data would be a problem to some people also.

Just download for offline listening while on WiFi.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just download for offline listening while on WiFi.

Agh ok. Did not know that was an option.
    I use Spotify while in the house but haven't signed up to Apple Music.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

kceire wrote: »
    Agh ok. Did not know that was an option.
    I use Spotify while in the house but haven't signed up to Apple Music.

It's possible with Spotify too. Just go to a playlist and enable 'make available offline'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Just wondering if there are any apps on ios that allow music from youtube to be plaed offline. (paid or free app)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Just wondering if there are any apps on ios that allow music from youtube to be plaed offline. (paid or free app)

any app?

• Advertisement

probably not, even if it got through Apple's App Store rules you'd then would have to get someone to post it here and not get banned as it would be deemed illegal by boards and thus against their posting rules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Install plex on your pc, set up remote access.
    Install plex on your iPhone and sync whatever music from your PC plex and off you go.
    All free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Ace2007 wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/red

Youtube red. Also means no adds

All you need is a US Apple ID to sign up and away you go. you can sign back out afterwards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭ablelocks

stoksyXL wrote: »
    Yeah, get a Spotify premium or Apple Music account for a tenner a month, surely mom and pops will give you that!
    All your music worries will be sorted then.

if you're going down that route, then do the family sub for €15 a month - at least the parents can get an account for themselves too....

alternatively, (and speaking as a hard-working and equally hard "spending lots of money on lots of stuff for brats darling kids" parent), get yourself a new "family" of friends so the cost to you or your parents is €2.50 a month - this does mean though that your parent has to set up and manage the account and you have to ensure the other members of your "family" pay up, in advance. there's a thread in bargain alerts about it. (technically, this possibly goes against the t's and c's - works on spotify, not sure if or how it would work on apple music)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

ablelocks wrote: »
    if you're going down that route, then do the family sub for €15 a month - at least the parents can get an account for themselves too....

alternatively, (and speaking as a hard-working and equally hard "spending lots of money on lots of stuff for brats darling kids" parent), get yourself a new "family" of friends so the cost to you or your parents is €2.50 a month - this does mean though that your parent has to set up and manage the account and you have to ensure the other members of your "family" pay up, in advance. there's a thread in bargain alerts about it. (technically, this possibly goes against the t's and c's - works on spotify, not sure if or how it would work on apple music)

It will work with Apple Music, however, as the other members would be under the family account - anytime anyone downloads an App for movie etc, it is charged to the lead family member card.

So if you have 5 other friends under your family plan, they can only make purchases with YOUR card on the system.

Spotify doesn't have this issue.

Advertisement