Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shared Hosting - Nightly Delays

Options
  • 27-12-2015 5:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have about 6 or 7 hosting packages with Blacknight and on the shared hosting packages anytime I make any change after midnight such as creating a webspace, creating a database or attaching a domain to a hosting package its unusable or takes hours to setup. This is not a once off, it happens EVERYTIME I perform any of these actions after midnight and usually at 4am the actions complete. It seems to start bang on at midnight.

If I perform any of the actions above during the day the changes are instant. Can you inform me what the cause is? I think I was told before there are database server backups at night but can you confirm its not just me with these problems and that this will be an ongoing issue? I have the following hosting packages
    - Linux Shared Hosting (both minimus and medius - a few packages)
    - Windows Shared Hosting (minumis - x3)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I'll ask one of our technical team to look into this.

Michele

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭jamesozzie

Any update on this?

jamesozzie wrote: »
    Any update on this?
    Not yet - sorry. A lot of our senior technical staff are on holiday, but I'll ask someone to respond to you ASAP

Hi jamesozzie,

Can you submit a ticket with details of your account and examples of the issues you saw including the times and we can investigate.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi jamesozzie,

Can you submit a ticket with details of your account and examples of the issues you saw including the times and we can investigate.

Thanks,
    Alan
    Hi Alan

Its not a once off, and as explained in my original post it occurs with any shared hosting package, between 12 midnight and 4am. Should it really take almost 4 hours to create a database, to create a new webspace or to redirect a domain to a new home directory? Its been going on over a year now, anything thats done after midnight does not sync or complete until 4am - Irish time. Its very frustrating when I am working late at night and have something to deliver the next morning. Surely you are aware of it?

• Advertisement

If you can open a ticket with some details of affected sites it'll help us to check logs etc., to narrow down your issue.

Blacknight wrote: »
    If you can open a ticket with some details of affected sites it'll help us to check logs etc., to narrow down your issue.

I already did, and I got the answer I was half expecting unfortunately. Maintainance is performed nightly so I was asked to try and limit my work around these hours.

In reality for something that should be instant like creating a database for it to take up to 4 hours if it's performed after midnight is poor. And its not specific to any "site" so the logs don't really help. It's on each and every one of my shared hosting packages, windows or Linux, it's every night and its between 12 and 4am.

There are lots of things I love about blacklight but I'll be phasing out my subscriptions from here on in

Hi jamesozzie,

Can you PM the ticket ID and I can investigate further,

Thanks,

Alan

Blacknight wrote: »
    But there are no "sites" affected, its a control panel issue along with your nightly maintainance. Mentioning any "sites" wont help - working directly on any of website via its own admin interface on Joomla or Wordpress works fine as I don't have to alter anything in your Plesk Control panel. I already opened a ticket. Any action performed such as creating an email, creating a database, changing a home directly folder etc or anything else in the control panel will not complete between midnight and 4am.

Could you not at least change it to more realistic non standard hours such as between 2am and 6am?

Hi jamesozzie I have replied to your ticket, we will work with you to investigate further and work to find a resolution.

• Advertisement
Advertisement