Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warehousing & Financial Software Package.

Options
  • 27-12-2015 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭

Hi, could anyone recommend a warehousing software package that would enable you to be able to locate stock in a location bin as well as let you create a purchase order etc.

If it had the full capabilities of an ERP software package that would be great but it is for a small company where there is no point in going to the level of SAP, if barcoding could be introduced at a later stage that would be a bonus, would be interested to hear peoples opinions as I`m sure there is some off the shelf options that are good where you don`t have to spend mega bucks on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Hi, could anyone recommend a warehousing software package that would enable you to be able to locate stock in a location bin as well as let you create a purchase order etc.

If it had the full capabilities of an ERP software package that would be great but it is for a small company where there is no point in going to the level of SAP, if barcoding could be introduced at a later stage that would be a bonus, would be interested to hear peoples opinions as I`m sure there is some off the shelf options that are good where you don`t have to spend mega bucks on.

Plenty of options out there to fit all sizes and budgets. SAP as you've identified is very much at the upper end of the scale, they do have offerings aimed at SME's but their focus as a company is definitely on the bigger customer.

What sector are you in, is it distribution, manufacturing, service? How many users of the system will you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

in a wholesale business and the amount of users will be about 15 -20 users, I see sage has an offer called SAGE ERP

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Mr Clonfadda

I Believe Brook Software Solution specifically have a solution using Sage 200 and their own Warehousing add-on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 997 ✭✭✭pedronomix

Take a look at http://www.intactsoftware.com/, We used it for a good few years, decent Irish company and product.

in a wholesale business and the amount of users will be about 15 -20 users, I see sage has an offer called SAGE ERP

PM sent...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cart man

My experience is predominantly SAP, although I've had exposure to a few others - movex, JD Edwards etc
    Imo if you have scale and can afford it go with SAP, if you are looking for a local Irish solution with an emphasis on warehousing and transport you should have a look at Azyra (no connection)

cart man wrote: »
    My experience is predominantly SAP, although I've had exposure to a few others - movex, JD Edwards etc
    Imo if you have scale and can afford it go with SAP, if you are looking for a local Irish solution with an emphasis on warehousing and transport you should have a look at Azyra (no connection)

OP has indicated 15-20 users, outside of SAP comfort zone IMO, unless looking at the underpowered SME versions. Definitely more bang for your buck elsewhere.

Advertisement