Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't get online

Options
  • 27-12-2015 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi guys,

My son got a PS4 for Christmas, have it all set up with his year's membership but he can't play online. He was trying to play the star wars game but says he does not meet the criteria. I've done a few google searches and done a few things that were recommended such as making sure the origin account and PS4 were linked. I've even reset the defaults. Is it an age thing? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hi guys,

My son got a PS4 for Christmas, have it all set up with his year's membership but he can't play online. He was trying to play the star wars game but says he does not meet the criteria. I've done a few google searches and done a few things that were recommended such as making sure the origin account and PS4 were linked. I've even reset the defaults. Is it an age thing? Any ideas?

I think so...

I think you may have set him up with a child sub account, as it won't let him play games online with it....

I had that originally with my lads Vita and then his account on my PS4 - it doesn't let him play online until he is 18 and then you have to "graduate" their account to a full account, its archaic....

In the end I just had to set him up with an account that makes him 18 so he can play Destiny etc online...

I allow them play most games (with a watchful eye) bar GTA V - its the only game that's not allowed until we feel they can handle it...

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭kazmcdonald

Thanks for the reply - it is a sub account he has. That's a bit **** and he has also redeemed his years online membership. Never had a problem like this with his Xbox. Surely there is some way to allow/block the playing of certain games online.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Thanks for the reply - it is a sub account he has. That's a bit **** and he has also redeemed his years online membership. Never had a problem like this with his Xbox. Surely there is some way to allow/block the playing of certain games online.

Keep the account with the years subscription on the console until it runs out - but just set him up with an over 18 account so he can take advantage of the sub while it's active on the other account.... then 1 year down the line just delete that account? (don't forget the CC AND PayPal details as it may try auto renew the sub if you don't cancel it within the year)

Parental controls are fierce handy on Xbox 360 as you can have a list of up to 40 allowed games they can play, PS is terrible in comparison - they just block everyone basically until they turn 18, ridiculous really....

I learned the hard way, have a Vita here that's hardly touched as it has a sub account and he can't do anything with it...

At least he should be able to get use out of the subscription!

Advertisement