Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

John_D80 wrote: »
    I expected Duffy to do a lot more on the ground to be honest. Poirier knew from the first round that he had the better of Duffy on the mat and it gave him the confidence to keep taking him down again and again. Joe didn't even trouble Dustin one bit until the closing seconds.

He clearly rocked him in the first.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

That_Guy wrote: »
    Didn't look gassed to me. I thought Dustin would have laid on some big ground and pound but he didn't get a chance because of the stand up.

Anyway, it's a bit of a moot point after the fact.

Duffy had his arm trapped though and was elbowing from the bottom

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

Trond wrote: »

He meant he didn't trouble him from the ground until the closing seconds I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Duffy via Submission
    Trond wrote: »

I was referring to their ground exchanges.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    Morgan Freeman lookalike in Doboers corner. Have Holtzman in this. Picks have been going terrible tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    I expected Duffy to do a lot more on the ground to be honest. Poirier knew from the first round that he had the better of Duffy on the mat and it gave him the confidence to keep taking him down again and again. Joe didn't even trouble Dustin one bit until the closing seconds.

He was trying some very sneaky triangle and armbar attempts its hard when the sweat and blood is making it very difficult,think he needs some better take down defence though DP done some top damage but never got near mount or taking his back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Condit via Submission
    I think duffy threw that fight away tbh, he needed to put porier on the back foot and be aggressive and not give DP a chance instead he let him off the hook and grow into the fight, DP is very chinny a few good clean shots and he d have finished him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

I was referring to their ground exchanges.

Ah apologies yep agree completely. Really expected to see more from Duffy in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Duffy via KO/TKO
    Gamebred wrote: »
    He is an absolute gentleman,couldnt of been nicer to every single person when here in Dublin,comes to fight too,whats not to like.

Ah to be fair I'm sure he was but it's just how he carries himself bothers me. Reminds me of a wannabe tough hillbilly. Which...i guess.....He is only without the wannabe part..haha. I just haven't warmed to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭simon500

Great fight. I'm affraid McGregor's fight againt Rafael Dos Anjos or Khabib Nurmagomedov is going to look exactly same.

• Advertisement

Duffy via Submission
    He was trying some very sneaky triangle and armbar attempts its hard when the sweat and blood is making it very difficult,think he needs some better take down defence though DP done some top damage but never got near mount or taking his back.

The bolded bit kinda proves my point I think. Poirier is a middle of the road grappler to be fair and will never trouble the likes of Diaz/Khabib/RDA on the mat.

Duffy should have been able to force the advantage even from the bottom but Dustin knew very early on that Duffy had nothing of note for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Lawler via Submission
    simon500 wrote: »
    Great fight. I'm affraid McGregor's fight againt Rafael Dos Anjos or Khabib Nurmagomedov is going to look exactly same.
    Add your reply here.
    I'm sure both could do better than Duffy

Poirier via Decision

In what sense? the same way Aldo was going to kick Conors legs from him because siver landed a few on Conor?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭loudnoises89

Duffy via Submission
    Duffy ate a couple clean uppercuts when DP got close to him on the feet. A step too far for Joe unfortunately. DP looked much, much bigger and stronger than him. Hopefully he bounces back he's a lovely lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

evo2000 wrote: »
    I think duffy threw that fight away tbh, he needed to put porier on the back foot and be aggressive and not give DP a chance instead he let him off the hook and grow into the fight, DP is very chinny a few good clean shots and he d have finished him.

Think he could have won that fight if he had stuffed some of those takedowns. Spent too long on his back up against the cage where he didn't even have the space to try any submissions.

Poirier via Decision
    https://vine.co/v/ib1HhtTHA32

"You like that? That's bleedin"

Poirier is a beast :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,338 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

https://vine.co/v/ib1HhtTHA32

"You like that? That's bleedin"

Poirier is a beast :pac:

To be fair most of the blood was pumping out from Poirier's nose.

Duffy via Submission
    To be fair most of the blood was pumping out from Poirier's nose.

I think that's the point!!

Dustin said in the post fight with JR that he deliberately tried to get his blood all over Duffy. Or something to that effect!

Condit via Submission

RDA will 100% get slept if he fights mcgregor 1st round ko, his striking was way too sloppy vs cerrone that and i dont think he d get mcgregor down as easy as duffy was tonight.

In what sense? the same way Aldo was going to kick Conors legs from him because siver landed a few on Conor?

I'm just saying that both RDA and Khabib are going to use "lay and pray" techniques:) and serious gnp!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Duffy via Submission
    Great fights so far.

Condit via Submission
    Think he could have won that fight if he had stuffed some of those takedowns. Spent too long on his back up against the cage where he didn't even have the space to try any submissions.

I thought he was awful nervy or something he was very tentative which just let DP get comfortable sickening loss was def a winnable fight for him his td was non existant tho

Duffy via Submission
    Great fight, have it even going into the last. What a card so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Duffy via KO/TKO
    He seemed to mean, that Joe was technically superior in striking and general MMA. But, Justin just wanted it more... - he pushed himself more.

Poirier via Decision
    I'm just saying that both RDA and Khabib are going to use "lay and pray" techniques:) and serious gnp!

Agree with Khabib not sure RDA would even try grapple him,I think he fancies himself standing with anyone now,the rounds have to start standing up Conor needs only one shot to ko someone dont start doubting him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Duffy via Submission
    That's a lot of blood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Bad Omen, usually prelims like this mean the main card will under deliver:D.

Agree with Khabib not sure RDA would even try grapple him,I think he fancies himself standing with anyone now,the rounds have to start standing up Conor needs only one shot to ko someone dont start doubting him now.

I don't think RDA will try to stand with Connor. No chance!

Duffy via Submission
    Khabib won't be able to take down Conor, have a feeling he'll struggle getting out of his wheelchair.

• Advertisement

Duffy via Submission
    These lads are both going for it in fairness.

Advertisement