Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    ASOT wrote: »
    Earned a one way ticket back to reality.

Ah in fairness he wasnt talking much **** so it wont be a big fall from grace,he fought the 2 biggest bums on the roster before tonight so it was a big step up for him people expecting him to blow through Dustin were misinformed.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Gamebred wrote: »
    What did Duffy earn tonight? was he on a 3 fight contract?

$2,500 from Reebok anyway. He's also on $16,000 to show plus $16,000 win.

Less than $20,000. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Duffy via Submission
    I think this will the biggest year for mma/the ufc in general, hopefully anyway.

Hope so 2015 was quality, Kish looks slightly better than last night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Earned a one way ticket back to reality.
    brillant, he ain't no superstar, just a journeyman. Could joe drop to 145 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Duffy via Submission
    Ouchies.

• Advertisement

Poirier via Decision
    A lot of people (not on here much more so on fb) slating Duffy for that performance you'd swear he got mauled,it was a competetive fight won by some nice take downs that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    Ah in fairness he wasnt talking much **** so it wont be a big fall from grace,he fought the 2 biggest bums on the roster before tonight so it was a big step up for him people expecting him to blow through Dustin were misinformed.

Ah I know man it was tongue in check! Actually a really nice bloke I'm person, just talking about beating Conor again etc was wayyyyyyyyyyyy to early. In fairness I tuaght he could have won if he was able to keep it standing, just wasn't his night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

She's running straight into everything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Kish seems like she is hitting and hoping here, running into a lot of nasty shots.

Poirier via Decision
    People calling for Poirier v Diaz,Nate would absolutely ruin him awful fight for Dustin.

• Advertisement

Duffy via Submission
    Crazy fight.

Poirier via Decision
    Horrible atmosphere when the Irish aint involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Decision
    Horrible atmosphere when the Irish aint involved.

Arena is still half empty too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I genuinely don't know whether this fight is awful or great. :pac:

Poirier via Decision
    Arena is still half empty too.

Yeah I thought it'd be like that,the fans with tickets not there yet missed at 3 v good fights,their loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Duffy via Submission
    Kish doing a good job of blocking shots with her face here.

Duffy via Submission
    Paully D wrote: »
    I genuinely don't know whether this fight is awful or great. :pac:

It's crazy. Absolutely loading up on punches. Running into everything. Hit and hope stuff.

I'm enjoying it anyway

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭evo2000

Condit via Submission

He got mauled in a fight he should be winning, if duffy had been more aggressive his boxing woulda been enough to tko/ko a chinny dp, imo dp is solid skillwise his chin will always let him down tho, duffy showed dp way too much respect.

big set back for duffy takes an awful lot of opportunity off the table for him

Duffy via Submission
    Kish is Latin for punching bag.

Duffy via Submission
    Brown is way to close to the announcers microphone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Duffy via Submission
    I gotta give that second round to Kish for the TD and control and strong finish. Despite the fact that she seems to enjoy getting her face punched in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Decision
    Kish needs a sub or ko to win here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭evolving tipperary

Duffy via KO/TKO
    Tristar Gym must be asking itself at this stage, why their fighters lose nasty fights - apart from GSP to be fair and Torres had a belt for awhile - but Duffy again, looked like the superior fighter in terms of striking and submission. But, he didn't have as much desire or passion. Justin was crazy for that fight -roaring mother****ers at the crowd after round two, throwing his blood into Duffy's eyes (Can't be legal!?!?!?!), and did what he had to do... - Duffy seemed a little too calm and laid back at times

I know Rory showed lots of heart against Robbie but he lost. Tristar Gym must be scratching their heads - i know they've got a huge rep as one of the best in the world...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,535 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Lawler via Submission
    Credit obviously for both women here but the quality of the fighting is abysmal. Literally walking like a robot through punches and kicks to try and find your mark from Kish the whole time.

Really weak fight

Condit via Submission
    kish scrappy as ****

Poirier via Decision
    evo2000 wrote: »
    He got mauled in a fight he should be winning, if duffy had been more aggressive his boxing woulda been enough to tko/ko a chinny dp, imo dp is solid skillwise his chin will always let him down tho, duffy showed dp way too much respect.

big set back for duffy takes an awful lot of opportunity off the table for him

Why should he be winning that fight? he had no divine right to turn up and blow away Dustin,Do you watch much mma? he hasnt fought a single person outside of mcgregor donkeys years ago who is on Dustins level,lost a decision no big deal,he be back.

Duffy via Submission
    Brown is way to close to the announcers microphone.

Angling for Rogan's job. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

did anyone else show up for this competition kish won the world title for?? ****ing hell....

Duffy via Submission
    Still a better fight than Rizin.

• Advertisement

Condit via Submission
    That_Guy wrote: »
    Angling for Rogan's job. ;)

His roaring like an ass if he was any closer to the mic we d be deafened! :P

Advertisement