Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 195: Lawler v Condit (Plus Duffy v Poirier - Information in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Gamebred wrote:
    Mike Dolce is some moron stands at the scale there with a grin on his face like hes performed some miracle

He's a clown.
    Do anything for a bit of promo.
    The smirk on his face when he weighed in at 169.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭richy

Duffy via Submission
    What is this BT subscription I saw mentioned? Are UFC events free on it? Or just fightpass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Duffy via Decision
    Everything except the early preliminary fights are usually on BT, some fightpass exclusive events aren't on BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

:pac:

GcT7CqV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭smilerf

Condit via Submission
    Podge2k7 wrote: »
    :pac:

GcT7CqV.jpg
    Gambit has a point though. Thousands will sign up I reckon not believing whites bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    smilerf wrote: »
    Gambit has a point though. Thousands will sign up I reckon not believing whites bull****

Fair play to them it's a business after all, sure why do people care so much anyway. Every single card has the same thing were fighters are at weird places on the card, all I care about is watching the fights I couldn't care If Duffy/DP was first, last, the middle just aslong as it goes ahead..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭xtal191

Poirier via Submission
    They could have easily had it as the first fight on the televised prelims instead of the last fight on the Fight Pass prelims.

Would suit all the Irish who subscribe to BT for the UFC and would only be half an hour later so yeah Dana is prob full of ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

Duffy via Decision
    There's a free trial on Fight Pass anyway, isn't there? So it won't cost anything to watch the fight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,156 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

smilerf wrote: »

What White said has been the UFC line the whole time so who knows, maybe he is telling the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭jjdonegal

Duffy via Decision
    CatFromHue wrote: »
    What White said has been the UFC line the whole time so who knows, maybe he is telling the truth.

We might see Conor headlining Fight Pass @ UFC 200 :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Duffy via Submission
    Being the christmas period i lost track of the days. Went to watch it last night ><. Hoping for a duffy ko, condit decision, arlovoski ko.

No bets. Just who id like to win and the most likely method.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

just seen this on twitter

https://youtu.be/Z_7_AIqrkbI?t=10m56s

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

What do we reckon then lads, will Duffy ever get as big as McGregor over here even if he beats Poirier and then for example takes out a top 10 guy next? I don't see much interest in Duffy in Ireland aside from us MMA nuts, but Conor exploded to the point where everyone, including those with no real interest in MMA, was in on him in the lead up to the Brandao fight if I remember correctly?

I shouldn't be surprised I suppose, but I asked a few people who are big into McGregor today, including one who'd gone to Vegas, if they're looking forward to the fight tonight:

"What fight?"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, very tough bout for Joe tonight in comparison to his previous contests but I'm encouraged by 1) the odds and 2) the amount of experts and pundits etc picking Duffy to win. Fingers crossed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Of course he will never be as big, not the same personality at all and how many other fighters are as big as mcgregor? Only way he will become big is if he becomes a mcgregor opponent. Might be a bit confusing for the flag wavers then.

Duffy via Decision
    Paully D wrote: »
    What do we reckon then lads, will Duffy ever get as big as McGregor over here even if he beats Poirier and then for example takes out a top 10 guy next? I don't see much interest in Duffy in Ireland aside from us MMA nuts, but Conor exploded to the point where everyone, including those with no real interest in MMA, was in on him in the lead up to the Brandao fight if I remember correctly?

I shouldn't be surprised I suppose, but I asked a few people who are big into McGregor today, including one who'd gone to Vegas, if they're looking forward to the fight tonight:

"What fight?"

:rolleyes:

Anyway, very tough bout for Joe tonight in comparison to his previous contests but I'm encouraged by 1) the odds and 2) the amount of experts and pundits etc picking Duffy to win. Fingers crossed. :)

I can't see him ever becoming as popular or well known as Conor, he's too quiet so doesn't really attract a lot of attention to himself. I think the problem is that there are a lot of Irish McGregor fans but not too many Irish MMA fans.

I'm relatively new to the sport but I've been watching a lot of stuff on fightpass and youtube to get myself a little more clued in. I really like the way Duffy fights and would be every bit as keen on seeing him do well as McGregor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    The amount of Clowns I know (of) wanting him to lose is hilarious,they cant take to him because he beat Conor,im the biggest McG fanboy going but its great to see Joe do well hes a fantastic martial artist in lots of disciplines never heard anybody say a bad word about him personally,

Im worried about the KO that happened in training which the doctors wouldnt pass him on thus the reason for backing DP by k.o at big odds,Ill be happy to do my money if Joe wins in any circumstances.

Duffy via Decision
    What exactly happened to him in training? He said it was a freak accident.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Poirier via Decision
    RonanP77 wrote: »
    What exactly happened to him in training? He said it was a freak accident.

He was flash ko'd while sparring,suffered some concussion so doctors wouldnt pass him,no contact for 30 days,not a great way to prepare for a fight im sure a lot of fighters maybe not today but in the past had gym wars and it doesnt effect them but nobody knows till they fight and the chin is tested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Duffy via Submission
    Might become an opposite fan fav. Confident, humble.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭GFT

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Feckin hell, never realised Michael Macdonald was on this, will be very interesting to see how he does on his return.

Another unlucky injury prone fighter. I'm a big fan and hope he comes back with a bang tonight.

• Advertisement

Poirier via Submission
    Gamebred wrote: »
    The amount of Clowns I know (of) wanting him to lose is hilarious,they cant take to him because he beat Conor,im the biggest McG fanboy going but its great to see Joe do well hes a fantastic martial artist in lots of disciplines never heard anybody say a bad word about him personally,

Im worried about the KO that happened in training which the doctors wouldnt pass him on thus the reason for backing DP by k.o at big odds,Ill be happy to do my money if Joe wins in any circumstances.

I am not sure who I want to win, I have been a fan of Dustin for a while but I am kind of cheering on Joe just because he is Irish (even though he is an incredible fighter, from what i have seen so far). I think Dustin KO at the odds that they are at are value, but I am the same if Joe wins I will be delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Condit via Submission
    If Condit gets his sh!t together tonight he may just cause an upset.
    Should be a great fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Very nervous for Joe tonight.

I really like Dustin and he looks to be in a better place mentally than ever before and in fantastic shape. He has dangerous power at 155 too.

That said, I do think Joe is quicker and sharper on the feet, and probably on the ground too. Dustin might be a bit stronger in the clinch, but Joe (similar to Conor) is very good with distance and a very intelligent fighter.

Should be a brilliant fight. I like both guys a lot, but obviously I want Joe to win. Would be amazing to have two top fighters in the UFC, and Duffy definitely has it in him. This is a very big test though, can't wait to see how it goes. Hopefully he doesn't get clipped by one of Dustin's power shots. I think Joe will see them coming as Dustin is a bit ploddy, he tends to put everything into his shots and telegraph them.

Very excited for this!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Condit via Submission
    Any smoke to the rumour Condit was knocked out a couple weeks ago?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

What time will Duffy be on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭qwabercd

Poirier via KO/TKO
    zweton wrote: »
    What time will Duffy be on?

See thread title.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭themandan6611

i think this is a big step up for Duffy. Dustin looks focused and strong, would not be surprised by a Dustin KO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

califano wrote: »
    Any smoke to the rumour Condit was knocked out a couple weeks ago?.

If there was wouldn't he medically suspended like Duffy was for the Dublin card in October ?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Duffy via Submission
    i think this is a big step up for Duffy. Dustin looks focused and strong, would not be surprised by a Dustin KO

The exact same thing was said about Conor, Duffy is very intelligent and has power, DP won't be able to cope he has no chin. I'm only worried about how Duffy is after he was KOd in training I hope he's fully recovered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Lawler via Submission
    Looks like Duffy will be on 3rd so around 12.30 ?

Advertisement