Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You must have an xbox 360 hard drive to play destiny

Options
  • 27-12-2015 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Need some help!

my son got Destiny for Christmas on xbox 360.

He has an Xbox 360 S Console (4GB storage).

Unable to install Destiny to internal drive to play. (It takes 6.8GB).

Connected 2TB external drive, formatted for xbox via settings, and can install it onto that. But when launching the game, receiving error

"You must have an xbox 360 hard drive to play destiny"

What are my options here?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

If it's anything like a playstation you can't play a game from an external drive - it has to be installed onto the consoles HD.
    You need to buy a bigger HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hey guys,

Need some help!

my son got Destiny for Christmas on xbox 360.

He has an Xbox 360 S Console (4GB storage).

Unable to install Destiny to internal drive to play. (It takes 6.8GB).

Connected 2TB external drive, formatted for xbox via settings, and can install it onto that. But when launching the game, receiving error

"You must have an xbox 360 hard drive to play destiny"

What are my options here?

This should get you sorted

https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/13478

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

F1ngers wrote: »
    If it's anything like a playstation you can't play a game from an external drive - it has to be installed onto the consoles HD.
    You need to buy a bigger HD.

Must be unique to destiny as you can play 360 games off a usb stick no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Problem with that, is the error described is different to what I get. And also, I can't move it, as I wasn't able to install it to the built in 4gb storage on the Xbox. And when launching it, it just says you need a hard drive to play destiny.

Is there a hard drive I can buy for the Xbox 360? Or are they built in to the point where I need a new Xbox with a bigger built in storage?

• Advertisement

Problem with that, is the error described is different to what I get. And also, I can't move it, as I wasn't able to install it to the built in 4gb storage on the Xbox. And when launching it, it just says you need a hard drive to play destiny.

Has it half installed onto the internal memory?

Go into settings, storage and find and delete any files that may already have been copied, then start again but install onto the external drive.

There's always one of these
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/120GB-Internal-Slim-Drive-Consoles/dp/B00IC5OFZG?th=1&psc=1

I have no idea if it's compatible though. Someone else here might be able to answer that.

Cheers guys. Wasn't able to get it running without buying the hard drive.

Decided to get him an Xbox One instead.

I guess I'll inherit an Xbox 360 so.

Advertisement