Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops with decent selection of gym clothes?

Options
  • 27-12-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Hey all, just wondering if there are any shops in Dublin with a good selection of gym clothes? Was up in Blanch and tried Nike, Lifestyle, Elverys and Champion and didn't see much. Do most people just buy their clothes on Gymshark/MyProtein etc?

Cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,607 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Got anything I use on SportsDirect

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Track suit, shorts, t shirts? How hard can they be to find?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,509 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I usually shop online at nike, adidas and reebok during their sales (30-50% off). I find that they have a much wider selection than in the shops. The Lifestyle sports on Grafton street has a decent selection as it is a larger store than normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭CWF

TK Maxx in Blanch do excellent gym gear. I get all of my stuff in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭via4

I started off getting whatever I could in lifestyle but found nicer stuff on asos the Adidas stuff I love

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

CWF wrote: »
    TK Maxx in Blanch do excellent gym gear. I get all of my stuff in there.

Never thought of there.

Thanks for all your replies, I'll try asos and sportsdirect too.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 adohar

+1 for TK Maxx

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

endacl wrote: »
    Track suit, shorts, t shirts? How hard can they be to find?!?

Yeah I don't get what conversation there is to be had about gym clothes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Zillah wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get what conversation there is to be had about gym clothes.

Gym clothing is like anything else.

If you wear an obscure brand that only other #fitfam people know you're instantly cool and connected.

My gym clothing is generally 3-4 pairs of shorts, whichever are clean.

Whatever t-shirts I got free or as part of a promo (in winter).

Whatever 'beater is clean (in summer).

A pair of socks that might match.

With SportsDirect you can be a #fitspo and #cheapo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

#1 goal in life is a home gym do I can just lift starkers. #aerodynamicspo

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

With SportsDirect you can be a #fitspo and #cheapo

They treat their employees terribly.I won't buy from them again.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/dec/09/how-sports-direct-effectively-pays-below-minimum-wage-pay

Mycroft H wrote: »

You're probably buying stuff that's been made in a sweat shop in any case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Hmmmmmmmm surely boards can use its super collective powers to get a boards.ie discount from.some online retailer.

MandM can spring up some excellent runners, but its hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Elvers had a sale on ProTouch stuff. I really like their gear. Nike is way overpriced!

Got anything I use on SportsDirect

Are sports direct and sports world (a shop within heatons) the same thing? :confused:

No but i think Sports Direct might be in the process of buying Heatons, as it happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

I find this crowd good

http://www.sportsshoes.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

I buy a lot of my gym wear in Dunnes (black Capri running pants, black vest tops).

For a bit of gym glam I buy brightly coloured leggings on sports direct. Also use sports direct for sports bras and trainers.

I find no matter where I buy though, the wear to wash ratio being so high (1 wear, 1 wash) with such frequent use (3+ times a week) that my gym wear ends up shrinking and/or discolouring quite quickly so I dont believe in spending a lot on it (even trainers, last years models are fine for me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

Mycroft H wrote: »

That's no different to how I was treated when I worked in a large well regarded Irish supermarket through my late teens and early 20s. How is that "treating employees terribly"? In fact, I could add a few to that list, a till over or under by 50 pence could result in dismissal, refusal of toilet break if it meant closing a till, expectation of being at your post 10 mins before your official shift start..... It's called being a small cog in a big business! Best job I ever had actually, I loved it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭PowerToWait

Any decent Decathlon store has all you could want for very reasonable.

ETA; I see there's now a .ie store. With sale now on.

Any decent Decathlon store has all you could want for very reasonable.

ETA; I see there's now a .ie store. With sale now on.

The decathlon stuff is f*cking amazing.

I'm wearing a pair of their yoga pants right now and they're the ****.

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

All my wifebeaters are in the wash and I have to train in a t shirt today and I'm distraught

conzy wrote: »
    All my wifebeaters are in the wash and I have to train in a t shirt today and I'm distraught

Get a scissors.

You don't have to suffer on.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Todd Gack

Adidas site has a sale on at the moment

Are sports direct and sports world (a shop within heatons) the same thing? confused.png
    No but i think Sports Direct might be in the process of buying Heatons, as it happens

I just went looking for something on SportsWorld.ie and it redirects to ie.SportsDirect.com.

I just went looking for something on SportsWorld.ie and it redirects to ie.SportsDirect.com.

Well yeah, sportsworld was under the Heatons umbrella. Wasn't sure if the deal had progressed that far.

Well yeah, sportsworld was under the Heatons umbrella. Wasn't sure if the deal had progressed that far.

I'm not sure why I'm so interested in them merging, to be honest with you. :confused:

Speaking of SportsWorld, though, the one in Drogheda (so presumably all stores) are doing an extra 20% off prices. The stuff in there is usually fairly cheap anyway, but I picked up a few bits the other day. Got a decent hoodie for €5.60 (would have bought a couple in different colours, but nowhere to put them).

Also picked up some decent tracksuit pants for around €10-€15 (there were cheaper alternatives there, though).

80% of the shop seemed to be included in the 20% off. I think the only stuff not included was rugby jerseys/helmets (think it was rugby stuff, anyway).

Could be worth sticking the head in for anyone looking for a few bits (I realise 20% off isn't really all that much when the stuff is so cheap and cheerful in the first place, but would make a difference if buying a few bits).

What' the place in the Ilac Centre in Dublin called? Is it linked with one of those sports XX or YY world places?

• Advertisement

Hanley wrote: »
    What' the place in the Ilac Centre in Dublin called? Is it linked with one of those sports XX or YY world places?

Direct Sports.

Not linked to Sports Direct or Sportsworld.

I've always been a bit surprised that there hasn't been some sort of legal challenge to the fact that Direct Sports use the same colouring as Sports Direct in their branding. Think they have 3/4 stores.

Advertisement