Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Industry News and other recent developments

• 27-12-2015 5:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I'm trying to build a PV system as a DIY project and in course of doing it, i found a lots of sites and resources that I guess, could add benefits to all of us, "infected" with green energy and complete energy independent solutions and financially viable, in relation to TCO and RoI.

So, i start with few websites that I found recently.
    Please feel free to add / share / comment.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

China and EU reach new solar power deal

The EU and China have found a compromise in a row over dumping prices for Chinese solar power modules. Politicians and environmentalists are relieved, but the solar power industry is outraged.

Household battery energy becomes tradeable

German household-scale battery maker Sonnenbatterie will soon enable buyers of its systems to trade energy with each other over the grid. It'll save clients money, and it's another step toward a clean energy future.

And.. as we 'kind of' copy the UK industry and/or standards..

UK cuts to renewable energy make a mockery of its pledge at Paris climate talks

The cuts to clean energy subsidies won’t save consumers more than a few pounds a year – but will cost the industry, and the climate, dearly .

Another temporarily blow to a big green project...

It so well started Morocco poised to become a solar superpower with launch of desert mega-project then stopped Morocco postpones opening of world's largest solar power project .
    On the other side of our planet, same story Desert tower raises Chile's solar power ambition to new heights , possible same connections !??

Looks like he mirrors are pointing in to the wrong direction, not the 'sun supplier' but rather the 'oil sponsor' !? :)

rolion wrote: »
    China and EU reach new solar power deal

The EU and China have found a compromise in a row over dumping prices for Chinese solar power modules. Politicians and environmentalists are relieved, but the solar power industry is outraged.

Quoting myself, sorry.

As a last development, it looks like the EU companies are joining forces together against the EU Commission that "investigate" the PV market flood by the "Manufactured in China", accusing of sold under price. What EU commission wants ,honestly, don't get it ...

One thing that I don't get it is who is ordering this blockage or added taxes and why is present if no European supplier are manufacturing them at the same time on the continent !?

Wondering if something has to do with conspiracy theories presented online for quite a time.
    Any idea?

Full story HERE.

• Advertisement

Well... slowly, after reading the article who is behind "the lobby" of electric cars vs petrol cars, then can we apply it to our small PV area !?

Opec faces a mortal threat from electric cars

The oil cartel is living in a time-warp, seemingly unaware that global energy politics have changed forever

OPEC remains defiant. Global reliance on oil and gas will continue unchanged for another quarter century. Fossil fuels will make up 78pc of the world’s energy in 2040, barely less than today.

There will be no meaningful advances in technology. Rivals will sputter and mostly waste money. The old energy order is preserved in aspic.

Emissions of CO2 will carry on rising as if nothing significant had been agreed in a solemn and binding accord by 190 countries at the Paris climate summit.

Advertisement